ADVERTISEMENT

2016 irish invasion

Georgia is dominating recruiting in their home state. Glad to see that Beal is transferring down to IMG. Coolirish keep bringing the good news!
Well it is not impossible to breach that wall I guess...Michigan got a verbal from a rivals 100 DT out of Georgia today...also one from a 2018 4* from the same school

Doubt that kid ends up at UM. Pouncey is a solid addition for ND... lets get young too!

Doubt that kid ends up at UM. Pouncey is a solid addition for ND... lets get young too!

the kid catches the ball with ease and soft hands...yep! I would post the Vid but Ara says we are too stupid to understand or analyze them anyway. Only coaches can see the truths: like the Emperors Clothes

Young wont leave w/out committing. Its a matter of when does it become public.

Do we "loose them" or "process them?" I'm just curious which angle you guys are going with these days so I can keep up....
neither:
high rated prospects are the prospects that are coveted by SEC teams and those are the prospects whose early commits are most unreliable.

(and heck, Harbaugh must be running out of jobs to offer coaches and aunts and uncles and Moms and....)

don't get too worried about as he'll be coming back in july like D_Master said. beal had to cut his fsu visit short and didn't even make his bama visit from what I just read after coming back from vacation at Knoxville.Tenn

i'm not surprised only because our irish had so many elite kids in that want to see other schools. I've been reading that the two that our irish got for this class could possibly pop after invasion. I don't know much about the two verbals but bama offered the wr and so take that for what it's worth. I've read that HH and the 5 star OT named foster were together almost the whole during the weekend and so that can only help our irish one would think. the IN RB named stepp is a good get for depth and has decent to good speed but I don't see him being a starting RB that'll lead you to a title shot but he was only a soph and so he has two more years to only get better

Last edited:
yep, the top 5 at the positions pop later in the session.
I certainly feel better with HH recruiting the kid than BVG.

Guys, we need some DL!! I would love one more solid DT for the class of '17. Mustipher is an ever so important recruit for '18. Beal... you are the perfect compliment to Hayes, Kareem, and Okwara.

Guys, we need some DL!! I would love one more solid DT for the class of '17. Mustipher is an ever so important recruit for '18. Beal... you are the perfect compliment to Hayes, Kareem, and Okwara.
Chill. There is some 7 + months till signing day.

Reactions: greengael
MAC

correct, the staff is creating relationships for 18,19 already. you can't do recruiting in the last 4-6 months.
The earlier the relationship starts the stronger the bond.

reading that some people that run one of the UGA boards are spreading around that they basically think that beal could pop in favor of there dawgs at anytime

Exactly Perse... that is what scares me a bit about the '17 DL recruiting. Not overly exciting about what is on the board right now. If what Coolirish is reading is correct, then that would be a major blow.

I am very happy with recruiting at all other positions... Not some type of Debbie Downer that just complains all the time. Got another good piece today! So yes Pennick... I will chill a little.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we basically are good everywhere except one position, where we are still above average?

A few years ago I would never have thought we would be back recruiting top 10 again.

Everyone agrees we are great on offense (even elite) in recruiting?
People seem to like our DB & LB recruiting?
Our special teams are solid now (Freshmen AA).
So basically we are good in 7 of 8 areas? And still above average in the 8th?
So we are complaining? Really, one good commit could change everything then, right?

^ yep! very delicate balance; I been preaching that it is just the 1:2 recruiting misses along the D line for the past few years that have been the achilles heel of the team. That is how delicately close ND is to moving into the Top group.

coming out of Irish Invasion good news/bad news as to be expected. Obviously the good news is that we've landed a few solid recruits and made solid inroads with others. Most expect the WR, Young to commit to the Irish at some point, if he hasnt already. Also Hunter Echols, DE currently committed to UCLA, i read someone say they wouldnt be surprised if he flips to us at some point.
#1 OG, Wyatt Davis had an "amazing" trip last week and is set to official for the Stanford game.

Unfortunately all info cant be good info. Sounds like while Andrew Thomas (Off Tackle) likes ND, he will probably verbal to Georgia soon. Also some Georgia writers think Beal will end up going there as well. Hope not, sounded like things might be trending back in our direction, so it may be a situation where he tells writers from each school positive info, or it could be someone isnt getting good info.

well, getting that gargantuan DT DWP and a solid DE would certainly be better than no Beal and nobody.

But getting good DL prospects has nothing to do with not getting Beal (he gone). They were needed anyways.

well Echols telling an ND writer he doesnt want to play in the NFL to "save his body" makes me question his heart and commitment to the game. Not a knock on the kid, but as a fan, I want players that are sold out. He's a solid player if he "wants it". I'm not sure if he "makes up" for Beal, he is considered to be a top 10-15 DE in the country so he could be a very good player. But ESPN has Beal as the #1 DE and the lowest he's rated on any site is #6, so he's elite. If somehow we were able to pull both in we'd have done a very good job of solidifying the Dline.

does Beal have a brother named Carlos?
and
looks like that parade ofbig Hogs that came through the past few weeks all liked ND and had great visits, but the visit did not impact there favs! Hainsley looks back in the picture; consolation?

Lugg is all over Smith, to join the Irish. I hope he convinces him.

The big enticement of a '40 year' deal isn't as effective on kids convinced they can get a no hassle forty year deal done in three! And they rarely consider the odds or consequences.

Last edited:
well I guess NC OLB Justin Foster liked his visit to irish invasion so much that he's setting up a possible official in the fall and wants to make a possible return this summer. this kid is a must get for our irish and is rated as a top 5 OLB nationally by just about all of the recruiting services. could be our next and last LB recruit for this class

Reactions: Bodizephax
cool9

did you read the densontheman thread on 247?

comments re Hainsey, if so what was your take? Especially notable was the compare to Bockhorst. If viewed as G's was MB a safer choice?

note: Loy has finally thrown in the towel on Beal! he got a lot of false hope/hype out of his CB a few weeks ago; (Beal played him) Beal doubled up at UGA; he and Sis. A risk; a blown knee and he will can live in her basement for.... Now Irish fans should fawgetaboutit! there are other fish!

Last edited:
I didn't read the comments on hainsey. really haven't followed hainsey's recruitment but i think our irish are settled on foster, wills and smith first who are all rated top ten o-linemen nationally at there positions. our irish have a good to great shot at getting two of them if not all three. have no inside info but i think our irish wait to see what those three do first before taking anymore o-line guys. beal is hard to figure right but i'm reading he wants to maybe revisit in july. hope i'm wrong but at this point getting top twelve rated DE echols to flip and getting top 5 rated LB Justin foster to verbal may be our best chance for elite 4 or 5 or guys when it comes to the front seven

Reactions: Bodizephax
a "name" guy is a must.
OL: my 1st choice is T Smith
DL / LB is Foster (more so than a Beal thing)
DWP: be huge and huge (2 commits for price of 1)

CJH/OSB

I didn't read the comments on hainsey. really haven't followed hainsey's recruitment but i think our irish are settled on foster, wills and smith first who are all rated top ten o-linemen nationally at there positions. our irish have a good to great shot at getting two of them if not all three. have no inside info but i think our irish wait to see what those three do first before taking anymore o-line guys. beal is hard to figure right but i'm reading he wants to maybe revisit in july. hope i'm wrong but at this point getting top twelve rated DE echols to flip and getting top 5 rated LB Justin foster to verbal may be our best chance for elite 4 or 5 or guys when it comes to the front seven

I don't get Wills' mindset? His two leaders are Kentucky & ND? I know he is from down there, but ND is 5 hours away if you are home sick. And if you want to go to the next level it is a no-brainer?
Hainsey seems to like ND but I don't know about Smith or Sarrel?

all of them "like" ND. The question is, will we be able to land them or finish in the runner up spot. From looking around, right now i think we get Hainsey & Wills and its a coin flip on Sarrell. Smith has said nothing but positive things about ND, but i've read people posting around saying we're basically in his top 3 but probably not his leader.

all of them "like" ND. The question is, will we be able to land them or finish in the runner up spot. From looking around, right now i think we get Hainsey & Wills and its a coin flip on Sarrell. Smith has said nothing but positive things about ND, but i've read people posting around saying we're basically in his top 3 but probably not his leader.

the more things change the more things stay the same; but the good news is that nothing stays the same forever! but then there is nothing new under the sun.

i.e. defensive front 7 still a cunundrum. Whatever the possible explanations put out: recruits are seemingly not excited or enticed to play for BVG's D. We read the HH was with a prime D target virtually all day recruiting him. Note HH is the OL coach. ND needs a name DC who gets the attention of and resonates with prospects. (It is not like his game day plans or coaching make up for his less than exciting recruiting efforts).

( Now having posted this: immediately expect 5 5* commitments )

Last edited:
Are there any guys from the '15 class who didn't play last year that we expect good things out of this year?
Someone who can make an immediate impact?

looks like W Davis is off the board to tOSU; not a disaster as he is a G and ND priority is more recruiting at T

But the bigger concerns:
*the Meyer/Harbaugh effect on the ND recruiting board.
*if the BVG D falters again in '16 and defensive recruiting continues to be problematic, will it begin to start to affect offensive recruiting.

Last edited:
not concerned at all about harbaugh and his staff as they are not recruiting any better than Kelly and staff. now meyer and staff are at bama's level recruiting wise right now and are going to be the team to beat in the big10 for quite a while. meyer and staff are on pace to bring in one of the greatest recruiting classes by anyone ever with this class

Harbaugh is just nuisance; he will get that occaisional kid that might have been Irish. His has to be running out of 'job offerings' though. Harbaugh alone caused a .00000001 dip in unemployment!

looks like ND may flip Echols. If so, a good get. Ability and athletic, only question is his football priority.

looks like ND may flip Echols. If so, a good get. Ability and athletic, only question is his football priority.

Why do you say that? After II he said in an interview he is still committed to UCLA?
Did something change?

Why do you say that? After II he said in an interview he is still committed to UCLA?
Did something change?

Loy is pretty much the source on this. But there is so much agreement on it, that in this one rare instance Loy might be on to it (as with Hayes last session)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT