ADVERTISEMENT

2016 irish invasion

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
here is a list of kids coming that I got from another site
Commits
Four-star IL TE Cole Kmet (commit)
Four-star IL S/WR Isaiah Robertson (commit)
Four-star IN LB Pete Werner (commit)
Four-star TX QB Avery Davis (commit)

Five-star TX LB Baron Browning (offer)
Five-star WA OL Foster Sarell (offer)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Four-star CA CB Elijah Gates (offer)
Four-star CA DE Hunter Echols (offer) - UCLA Commit
Four-star CA WR Osiris St. Brown (Offer)
Four-star FL CB Latavious Brini (offer)
Four-star FL RB Robert Burns (offer) - Miami Commit
Four-star FL RB Colin Wilson (offer)
Four-star GA DE Robert Beal (offer)
Four-star GA DE Drew Jordan (offer)
Four-star GA OL Andrew Thomas (offer)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Three-star CT ATH CJ Holmes (offer)
Three-star FL DB Amari Carter (offer)
Three-star FL DE K'Jakyre Daley (offer)
Three-star FL DE Jonathon MacCollister (offer)
Three-star FL WR Jordan Pouncey (offer)
Three-star GA DE Cortez Alston (offer)
Three-star LA WR Michael Young (offer)
Three-star GA RB Deon Jackson
Three-star IL DE Josh Maize
Three-star IL DE Jackson Perkins
Three-star IN DB Cedric Mitchell
Three-star IN DT LeShaun Minor
Three-star IN DE Esezi Otomoweo
Three-star MI DB/RB Allen Stritzinger
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Unranked QB Tommy Herion
Unranked DB Ben Mathiasmeier

Four-star CA WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (offer)
Four-star IN RB Markese Stepp (offer)
Four-star IL CB Houston Griffith (offer)
Four-star GA DT Robert Cooper (offer?)
Four-star GA OG Jamaree Salyer (offer)
Four-star OH DE Leonard Taylor (offer)
Four-star OH LB/DE Malik Vann (offer)
Four-star AR QB Connor Noland
Four-star GA OG Dylan Wonnum
Four-star IL WR Micah Jones
Four-star OH LB Matt Bauer
Four-star OH LB Dallas Gant
Four-star SC LB Jake Venables
Unranked IN WR Dashon Bussell
Unranked IN LB Hugh Davis
Unranked IN DE Willie Ervin
Unranked OH LB Daniel Bolden

Unranked CA QB JT Daniels (offer)
Unranked CA WR Bru McCoy (offer)
Unranked IL OL Will Putnum

Possible
Five-star CA CB Darnay Holmes (offer)
Four-star GA WR Jeremiah Holloman (offer)
Four-star GA OT Obinna Eze (offer)
Three-star GA DT MJ Webb (offer)
Three-star FL WR Josh Palmer
Four-star CA CB Bookie Radley-Hiles '18 (offer)
Unranked OH ATH Michael Dowell '18

Removed
Four-star MI DE Corey Malone-Hatcher (offer) - Committed to Michigan
Four-star AL DE LaBryan Ray (offer)
Three-star CA WR Brian Casteel
Four-star NJ QB Arthur Sitkowski (2018)

there are othertop rated kids rom different classes that are coming but not on that list including 17 FL RB Colin Wilson who rated one of the top 15 RBs in the country and he wants verbal to somebody this summer. louisville and our irish are recruiting him the hardest

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosierstateII
you are welcome pennick4. I have read were some recruiting writers think we'll get some verbals from this event which is on june 18th

That is an impressive list of visitors. I would love to get some verbals from this camp. Still feel that Robert Beal is the kingpin. Build that DL!

well Mac034 I read yesterday on another board where someone posted that they saw somewhere that Beal recently listed UGA, BAMA and FL ST as his top three but he is still coming to the invasion and so our coaches will have a chance face to face to remind him why he verbaled to our irish the frst time

Beal is an enigma.

and

there is a big time OL prospect on campus today.

Last edited:
our irish have other camps that they do for other kids around the same week or so pmknicks but on this day and evening only kids that they really want or who are already verbaled can come by invite only. Michigan and ohio state along with others have camps like our irish. wish he was coming in for the invite but our irish have the nations top 2018 RB from NC coming in for a visit on Thursday from what I read

the kid who you speak of pers is jedrick wills of KY who just recently moved up ranking wise as one of the top five OTs in the nation. he is on campus now as you said pers and recruiting writer wiltfong says that he likes our irish with wills and fellow writer loy is leaning that way. the parents are on board with him choosing our irish if he goes that route from what I've read. the kid has offers from just about every top powerhouse in the nation including bama, Michigan and ohio st

the kid who you speak of pers is jedrick wills of KY who just recently moved up ranking wise as one of the top five OTs in the nation. he is on campus now as you said pers and recruiting writer wiltfong says that he likes our irish with wills and fellow writer loy is leaning that way. the parents are on board with him choosing our irish if he goes that route from what I've read. the kid has offers from just about every top powerhouse in the nation including bama, Michigan and ohio st
I heard he really likes Michigan and hopes that the school is acredited really soon but that is doubtful. :D

Last edited:
he would be better off going to Trump University; on the scholarship set up in the name of the Mex judge.

well from everything I've read on wills I've never heard Michigan's name mentioned but that doesn't mean he hasn't talked about them somewhere. I think it's our irish or the sec for his services. one of the recruiting services wrote an article saying that they think our irish land wills and another 5 star OT named foster from Washington who is coming in for irish invasion

things for irish invasion just seem to get better and better. our irish now have top 5 rated OLB Justin foster from NC coming in for invasion. thi is the sickest group of kids I've ever heard of coming to visit notre dame all at once during the summer. the really funny thing about it is that Kelly and staff didn't even have to waste there time putting on sattlelite camps like michigan to get these kids to come for invasion. maybe harbaugh needs to take a break from the sattlelite camps and see what Kelly and staff are doing

things for irish invasion just seem to get better and better. our irish now have top 5 rated OLB Justin foster from NC coming in for invasion. thi is the sickest group of kids I've ever heard of coming to visit notre dame all at once during the summer. the really funny thing about it is that Kelly and staff didn't even have to waste there time putting on sattlelite camps like michigan to get these kids to come for invasion. maybe harbaugh needs to take a break from the sattlelite camps and see what Kelly and staff are doing

It's cool we have so much talent coming in, but what is the attrition rate? I don't know a lot about Invasion, so do we bring in kids that are probably not going to commit? If I was a kid, even if I wasn't going to ND I would still attend a camp like that regardless.
How much is just wishful thinking oppose to solid recruiting?

well NDAFArly i'm guessing that the coaching staff only invite kids that they think they have a shot with because several of the kids coming in have medium to high interest in our irish

Last edited:
^ and some of the targets are among the top 5 at their positions. These would be the elites who generally require more intense and lenghy recruiting efforts, even till NLI day (and now even till they sit down in classes). Recruiting a kid (you want) never ends.

C9

Beal? best guess II or visiting FSU?

it would be very odd if he passes on the Invasion, being that it was he who reached out to the ND staff.

I haven't heard about any change in plans pers and so beal should be in for invasion next Friday. i'll look him up later today to see if things have changed with him

C9

Beal? best guess II or visiting FSU?

it would be very odd if he passes on the Invasion, being that it was he who reached out to the ND staff.

It sounds like Beal is hitting FSU on the 15th, and the irish invasion on the 18th.

yeah loy is saying the same thing Mac034 when it comes to beal. he said that he wouldn't be surprised if beal verbaled again to our irish next Friday even though he doesn't think he will but he just wouldn't be surprised if he did.yes WSC72 there are new attendees coming and there names are in a few posts above yours

will be interesting to see what Wills does this week. The week is huge for ND. JMO, but if he does not pop this coming week then I don't se it hapening. It is all there for him to see; the more tome goes by the less he will appreciate the 'golden' opportunity offered him.

Cool9/ D_Master

hypothetically speaking, if ND starts off at 6-0, do you think that such a startvwill entice some of the front 7 elites? Or do you think that the front seven recruiting is about at it's ceiling, given the recruiting administrative restraints and obstacles? Defensively speaking, would such a start have impact?

I think a 6-0 start can only help. our irish are not in it for a lot of elite d-line guys but they still have a good shot with getting beal back and are in the top five or a top ten rated DT from vegas named greg rogers and plus echols who is a ucla verbal and flip candidate from southern cal and a top 15 rated DE is visiting for invasion on Friday and has interest in our irish. again a 6-0 start can only help and maybe help land these three guys

Last edited:
cool9

pretty much agree; here is hoping for a great recruiting weeknand of course that 6-0 start!

five star WA OT Sarell Foster is now saying that he and his family along with some of his coaches are now staying for four days this weekend while doing irish invasion. Stanford vs irish battle here. no inside info but I think our irish land him if he likes his visit because he speaks really high of our irish in interviews and your not bringing the whole family and several coaches for four days if you weren't really serious about maybe playing in south bend for three or four years . every recruiting service besides espn has him as a five star

^ well, best defense is holding onto the ball for long time consuming drives - a great offensive line is a must!

This team really needs to land some DT and DE recruits. I know this topic has been dicussed ad nauseam but they need to figure something out, whether it be a stronger recruiter or more time spent on the position.

yeah loy is saying the same thing Mac034 when it comes to beal. he said that he wouldn't be surprised if beal verbaled again to our irish next Friday even though he doesn't think he will but he just wouldn't be surprised if he did.yes WSC72 there are new attendees coming and there names are in a few posts above yours

Not sure if there's anything to it, but just saw elsewhere that it's looking like a Georgia/Alabama battle for Beal. We'll see what happens this weekend.

Not sure if there's anything to it, but just saw elsewhere that it's looking like a Georgia/Alabama battle for Beal. We'll see what happens this weekend.

Yeah, I think he is gone. I said it earlier, just my opinion, but I think a lot of these kids will attend prestigious camps, even if they aren't interested in the team, just because they are kids & want to have fun. Wouldn't you?
Heck, as an adult I have done it. I have told companies I was leaning on going somewhere else but they still insist I come down, they put me in a nice hotel, take me out to dinner, push their recruitment & so on. They know the score but still try. And I know I'm not going there but still enjoy my free trip & meals.
I bet half these kids are just going to experience the fun. And why not bring guests too?

Yeah, I think he is gone. I said it earlier, just my opinion, but I think a lot of these kids will attend prestigious camps, even if they aren't interested in the team, just because they are kids & want to have fun. Wouldn't you?
Heck, as an adult I have done it. I have told companies I was leaning on going somewhere else but they still insist I come down, they put me in a nice hotel, take me out to dinner, push their recruitment & so on. They know the score but still try. And I know I'm not going there but still enjoy my free trip & meals.
I bet half these kids are just going to experience the fun. And why not bring guests too?
Yes but I believe you have to pay your own way to get there so not everyone can do this.

Yes but I believe you have to pay your own way to get there so not everyone can do this.

Really? I did not know that? I guessed (just speculating) that since it is a camp the players could have it paid for, & their coaches could attend for free (to coach at the camp of course) & that is how they get around the normal rules.
But I honestly don't know how it's done?

yes a kid has to pay his own way to get to irish invasion and so if a kid is coming from the west coast or from down south like beal coming from Georgia then there has to be a lot of interest in our irish. only an official visit by a kid in the fall or winter gets paid for by the university

curiously, Beal was the initiator of the recent recruiting push. Reportedly, TOS, he reached out.

i'm hearing all kinds of stories when it comes to beal pers and so who really knows I guess. for instance I've read this week where it seems to becoming a UGA vs BAMA battle but then i'm also reading that his mom is happy that he has our irish back in the picture. I know I read somewhere recently that some insider was saying that things had to be mended a little with some coaches as some of them weren't happy about he left the class in the first place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT