ADVERTISEMENT

2016 irish invasion

Re Beal
well, I think what recruits think, and with SEC type schools it is true, that they can make any demand they wish and it will be granted. At ND, you get a seat in the classroom! No briefcase full of cash, no gratuitous scholarship for an unqualifying family member or sib, no condo, no job for a Mom, no church constructions or any thing of the sorts; just a seat in a classroom that you are expected to fill just as any other student would be!
So what in your character?

Re II
we always get expectations high for these events, the last evnt we saw commits that would best be thought of a depth fills; hopefully the Invasion garners a few projected 'starter' type committments

Last edited:
insiders are reporting that Erie PA 2018 LB Matthew Bauer will be attending irish invasion. I look for him to receive a schollie offer when he comes. some are saying this could be an irish vs penn st battle and he says great things about our irish in interviews. four star by everybody rated no 5 LB nationally by recruiting services

A member from another site who posts the recruiting reports on the premium board was kind enough to post what they were going to report.
They said that Beal will not be on their commit watch list at all. That none of the coaches are expecting anything from him.

the only line guy I've heard of pulling out was a guy from TENN wo was coming to try and get an offer. I don't think anybody NDAFArly thought our irish would get a verbal from beal this weekend but just get a rebonding with the coaches. word on the street was some of the staff didn't like how beal left the class and that some mending with some of them would have to take place

TOS is reporting that Justin Foster (top 100 LB) will be attending II. Good student, with excellent pash rushing abilities. 2017 recruit out of Carolina

wow, the team is Offensively ready to step up into the upper top 10; just waitin on the D.

All it takes is 2-3 of the key defensive recruits to "say yes to the Irish".

(having Harry land 2 of his 5* targets would be icing on the cake!)

well i'll take LBrs Bauer. Browning. Foster and DEs beal. echols from irish invasion and put that front seven up against anybody's. all of these guys but echols is rated as top five nationally at there position and echols is rated somewhere in the top twelve at his

Def some major talent heading to town. Like Perse said... just need to land some of these defensive guys. BK and company working hard to make it happen. Would be extremely happy landing any of the front 7 guys you mentioned, but really want Beal. Landing a 5* with his pass rushing abilities out of Georgia!! That would be impressive.

well for DTs pers i'd take greg rogers from NV who our irish seem to have a shot with. rogers is top ten rated nationally at his position

I think Rogers came out with a top 5 that did not include ND. Stanford may be tough to beat for DW-P. I'm hoping that some new names emerge during the summer/season. Gotta land young Mustipher in '18.

Irish Invasion is really Irish Investment,
in recruiting for the future commits.
A lot of the visitors are the type that decide towards the end of the cycle.
The staff will try to enlighten recruits ad to the advantages of becoming part of the ND family and ND history.

i'm reading from multiple places that 2018 NC RB zamir white is on campus and is calling his visit awesome as he is being blown away by the campus. white is the nation's top RB for the 2018 class. don't know where our irish stand as of yet but there has to be some interest when you are driving all the way from Carolina on your own dime

he (White) is #34
a very strong UGA lean
and
my guess is the 34 tells us where he is headed.

Last edited:
i'm reading from multiple places that 2018 NC RB zamir white is on campus and is calling his visit awesome as he is being blown away by the campus. white is the nation's top RB for the 2018 class. don't know where our irish stand as of yet but there has to be some interest when you are driving all the way from Carolina on your own dime
The video on this kid is amazing. Somebody($EC, OH$T, U$C) will throw big $ at him. There is always hope.

someone on another board with good knowledge is hearing that things are mended with beal and that someone in beal's camp is saying that he'll be irish again. I've heard the someone in somebody's camp is saying thing a hundred times over the years in recruiting and so i'll wait until I hear statements from the horses mouth before I get too excited

Reactions: greengael
Georgia is dominating recruiting in their home state. Glad to see that Beal is transferring down to IMG. Coolirish keep bringing the good news!

well Mac034 i'll be in TENN all weekend visiting family starting Friday and I won't be on here until Monday night. hopefully someone else will come in this thread and have some info for you guys about irish invasion

^ tag team: D_Master ... your up!

( or I'll have to sign up on TOS for the freebie till the season starts!)

TOS is reporting that Justin Foster (top 100 LB) will be attending II. Good student, with excellent pash rushing abilities. 2017 recruit out of Carolina

TOS ... No Rivals reported the Foster news for our premium subscribers hours before TOS did.

Reactions: Bodizephax

Full updated on the front page with quotes.

Cool9

I also read that re Beal; of course the staff would never say 'no'; but they want to find out first hand where his head is at, so they can plan the remainder of the DL class.

Sorry Andrew I missed it. No chance the staff is saying no to the one position that seems to be an on going challenge to land top end guys.

Beal cxl's

fawgetaboutit! good grief! Something in the Ga. water?
BTW: Scout site had this one figured out.

My new thinking about recruiting is (1) that ND(Kelly and staff) should accept as many committments as they can garner and select the 25 prospects that best satisfy the roster needs. This seems equitable and fair from ND's perspective. (2) as soon as TL or SW CB a prospect to ND the staff (and fans interest) should turn the focus elsewheres to meet the roster needs. A CB by those 2 means you are behind the 8 ball!

Last edited:
Beal cxl's

fawgetaboutit! good grief! Something in the Ga. water?
BTW: Scout site had this one figured out.

My new thinking about recruiting is (1) that ND(Kelly and staff) should accept as many committments as they can garner and select the 25 prospects that best satisfy the roster needs. This seems equitable and fair from ND's perspective. (2) as soon as TL or SW CB a prospect to ND the staff (and fans interest) should turn the focus elsewheres to meet the roster needs. A CB by those 2 means you are behind the 8 ball!
Beal does the double bait n' Switch!

deal or no beal!

I do not have the skinny on this, but if this was just a basic cancellation, after he was said to initiate the reinterest, then going forward: put him on the do not call list! when you cxl at the 11th hour you demonstrate no respect to the scholarship offer. remember : goes round comes round

Martin, Lynch, Hunter, EV ... add Beal as a potential h.c.

Last edited:
saw someone was wanting some tag team info from me. Honestly, i havent been following recruiting too closely yet. Basically I dont have any info that hasnt been shared above. I did see this somewhere:

Scout has listed some names to keep an eye on and the ones that they think ND will land.
To land: Adebo, Black, Burns, Carter, Daley, MacCollister, Pouncey, Sarell, Whittaker, Wills

To watch: Ah You, Alston, Beal, Carper, Graham, Igbinoghene, H. Jones, Kaindoh, Phillips, T. Smith, OSB, Wade-Perry

That said, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the amount of Oline talent that will be on the roster if we landed 2 possibly 3 5 stars in the '17 class. In HH we trust!

the weekend got off on a bad note thanks to Beal (the latness of his notifying makes me wonder of this kids intention)
We been down this road before, big weekend, big expectations and then the big fizzle!

Geez, we need something BIG to gain some momentum. Just takes 1.

in regards to Beal, it sounds like an emergency in his family came up and he's now planning to visit in July. we'll see if it happens, but i dont think it shows a lack of interest. i've read that some think he was coming to repair relationships w/ the coaches and ultimately would end up back at ND. like i said, we'll see.

This is a setback with Beal. Though I havent given up Hope... let's see if he makes the trip later in the summer. Would really like to land Carter this weekend. He would be a great start to the secondary recruiting. Also, waiting to hear what Foster and Browning have to say about the trip. C'mon defensive guys...

Loy and 247 got hopes inflated about Beal; Scout actually seems to be reading this one a bit more consevatively.
NDA has been reflecting Scout's take.

Browning is the most important recruit on campus this weekend IMO. Tough to gauge, but hopefully at this point we get an official. No way he decides early.

I'd agree that BB is an important prospect; but there are a couple other very important prospects of equal stature.

Everyone is aware of the elite OL that have been on campus the past few weeks.
Foster is a terrific prospect.
I am not sure what DT's made the II, any?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT