ADVERTISEMENT

2 things no one will say about FSU screw over

Bama didn’t pass that stupid “eye test” nor had a better resume than the other 4 teams. This horseshit pretty boy kirky notion that the committee took the best four teams isn’t rooted in anything other than “we want bama in”. Got their asses kicked at home by double digits and struggled mightily w/ bad teams throughout the season, including needing a miracle on the last play of the regular season to beat a shitty auburn team. So you bama fanboys can continue to defend the committee’s decision, but it was based on nothing other than “we want bama in”. Stop trying to explain it. It was thievery at its finest. They’ve done it at least two other times w/ them. Prefential treatment doesn’t even begin to describe the love affair those 13 geeks have w/ the tide. F bama!
Exactly....

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Bama didn’t pass that stupid “eye test” nor had a better resume than the other 4 teams. This horseshit pretty boy kirky notion that the committee took the best four teams isn’t rooted in anything other than “we want bama in”. Got their asses kicked at home by double digits and struggled mightily w/ bad teams throughout the season, including needing a miracle on the last play of the regular season to beat a shitty auburn team. So you bama fanboys can continue to defend the committee’s decision, but it was based on nothing other than “we want bama in”. Stop trying to explain it. It was thievery at its finest. They’ve done it at least two other times w/ them. Prefential treatment doesn’t even begin to describe the love affair those 13 geeks have w/ the tide. F bama!
Lighten up Francis! Committee took the 4 best teams.

“Lighten up Francis! Committee took the 4 best teams.”

That’s your opinion & it’s based on being a bama fanboy and/or an fsu hater. And don’t ever call me Francis. 😂😂

I tend to agree that there’s a tendency to give Bama “brownie points”

While agreeing with those that believe FSU should have been included…
Bama didn’t pass that stupid “eye test”
Bama had multiple struggling wins, as did Texas. Only one 1-loss team needed more than regulation 60 minute games to achieve their wins, and it wasn’t Bama. I miss the days of ties.
nor had a better resume than the other 4 teams…
What 1-loss team had a better final resume better than Bama?

Well, if you think bama has a better resume than Texas, you don’t put too much stock into a double digit loss at home to them. And if you think they had a better resume than fsu, who had zero losses & won their P5 conference w/ a 3rd string qb playing a team that was top twenty in both offense & defense & beat their only common opponent (LSU) more soundly than bama did, then I could see how you’d think that bama’s resume is better than Michigan, Washington, Texas & fsu. In most years, bama’s resume would’ve gotten them in fair & square. It just so happens that 4 teams were more worthy this year, but the 13 geeks & kirky had to get their fanboy on. It’s as simple as that. It’s about opportunity. Bama could very well win another title, but that’s because they’ve gotten the opportunity that others didn’t. It’s happened at least two or three times w/ them.

Well, if you think bama has a better resume than Texas, you don’t put too much stock into a double digit loss at home to them.
I just don’t base a whole season (resume) on the result of one game. Like, I wouldn't say OU was better than Texas for the season. Maybe you would if you only care about selectively considering one result?

I know looking at actual resumes:
Texas:
  • 1 top 10 1-loss opponent
  • 1 top 15 2-loss opponent
  • 2 top 25 4-loss opponents
Bama:
  • 2 top 10 1-loss opponents
  • 1 top 15 2-loss opponent
  • 1 top 15 3-loss opponent
  • 1 top 25 4-loss opponent
You want to support that OU is better than Texas thought? Or, maybe say when you consider the whole season, Texas had a more successful year than OU.
And if you think they had a better resume than fsu…
Being my first sentence had FSU should be in, where did this come from other than your fictional imagination.

Btw, my comments about Bama specifically referenced 1-loss teams, which not only excludes FSU, but UM and UW. So, you wasted a whole lot of typing and additional creative fictional imaginative thoughts with the remainder of your post.

I was thinking last night that Florida State should have gone FULL COVER on the injury. Should have kept it hidden, told the world Travis was ready to go in that final game if needed but that they were just being careful he didn't re-injure his sprained ankle for the playoff! They were jobbed, imo.

I was thinking last night that Florida State should have gone FULL COVER on the injury. Should have kept it hidden, told the world Travis was ready to go in that final game if needed but that they were just being careful he didn't re-injure his sprained ankle for the playoff! They were jobbed, imo.

Fantastic point.

Integrity gets punished to accommodate corruption.

This is EXACTLY what happened.

“I just don’t base a whole season (resume) on the result of one game. Like, I wouldn't say OU was better than Texas for the season. Maybe you would if you only care about selectively considering one result?”

Who is basing resume on 1 game? Didn’t both teams end up w/ 1 loss? Don’t those two teams play each other? Where did they play? How much did the losing home team lose by?

“You want to support that OU is better than Texas thought? Or, maybe say when you consider the whole season, Texas had a more successful year than OU.”

Why would I support a team w/ two losses to be better than a team w/ one? These two teams aren’t comparable based on their “whole season”. Had Oklahoma had one loss to their archrival by a last second fg, I most certainly would’ve have them ranked ahead of Texas based on their head to head matchup.

“Being my first sentence had FSU should be in, where did this come from other than your fictional imagination.

Btw, my comments about Bama specifically referenced 1-loss teams, which not only excludes FSU, but UM and UW. So, you wasted a whole lot of typing and additional creative fictional imaginative thoughts with the remainder of your post.”

Well, I cited the four teams w/ better resumes than bama in my first post so I referenced them as a potential team that bama could jump. So we’re back at which 1 loss team had the best resume. I’d say that’s among Texas bama & Ohio st since there aren’t any other 1 loss teams left. It’d be quite the debate had two of them not played each other. I’m not sure who had the better season, Ohio st or bama, but I know that Texas has the upper hand over bama cuz they played in Tuscaloosa and won by double digits. So we can continue to dance around the argument if you want, but bama’s season didn’t equal Texas’s and quite possibly Ohio St’s, but the bama fanboys had to get them in, and then had to twist themselves into pretzels to explain it, w/ none of their explanations making any sense. No eye test, no resume, nothing other than we’re bama fanboys and we want them in.

Last edited:
Make sure and go into detail and tell us who Ohio St beat comparable to Georgia-----in Atlanta BTW.

You've heard of Georgia----2 time defending National Champ with a 29 game winning streak.

“Make sure and go into detail and tell us who Ohio St beat comparable to Georgia-----in Atlanta BTW.

You've heard of Georgia----2 time defending National Champ with a 29 game winning streak.”

That was a great win, no doubt. I’m not sure how dominant Georgia was this year as opposed to the last two seasons, they barely escaped games w/ s car, auburn, mizzou & ga tech, but it was a great win for sure.

Ohio st had wins against ND & Penn state (not as big a win as Georgia but really solid w/ one coming at south bend) w/ their lone loss against undefeated #1 Michigan in a very close game that could’ve gone either way. Plus, other than the two games against ND & Penn st (both really good defenses), they blew everyone else out, unlike what bama did w/ their schedule barely squeaking by usf, auburn, a&m, arkansas & auburn. So there you have it. I hope that was enough detail for you.

“Make sure and go into detail and tell us who Ohio St beat comparable to Georgia-----in Atlanta BTW.

You've heard of Georgia----2 time defending National Champ with a 29 game winning streak.”

That was a great win, no doubt. I’m not sure how dominant Georgia was this year as opposed to the last two seasons, they barely escaped games w/ s car, auburn, mizzou & ga tech, but it was a great win for sure.

Ohio st had wins against ND & Penn state (not as big a win as Georgia but really solid w/ one coming at south bend) w/ their lone loss against undefeated #1 Michigan in a very close game that could’ve gone either way. Plus, other than the two games against ND & Penn st (both really good defenses), they blew everyone else out, unlike what bama did w/ their schedule barely squeaking by usf, auburn, a&m, arkansas & auburn. So there you have it. I hope that was enough detail for you.

I notice you left out wins over Ole Miss , LSU and Tenn----how convenient.

Reactions: sjb75
I didn’t leave them out. The poster asked me to be detailed about who Ohio st beat that was “comparable” to Georgia, so I answered by saying that ND and Penn st would be closest. So jam the “narrative” talk, bama fanboy.

I didn’t leave them out. The poster asked me to be detailed about who Ohio st beat that was “comparable” to Georgia, so I answered by saying that ND and Penn st would be closest. So jam the “narrative” talk, bama fanboy.
Ouch!

Reactions: BGI User 1596

Why bother ?

Can't we all just get along?

I know a bunch of people who agree with him.

They took the best 4 which was their task-----not the most deserving 4.
The 4 best is speculative.
FSU (who I'm no fan of) proved it on the field with a stout defense, and 2 backup QBs at the end of the regular season.
That's not speculation
Did they look bad against UF?
Yes, but they won that game with a backup QB
Did Alabama beat Auburn?
Yes, but they had a complete team and just got by Auburn with the help of an official, and a lucky pass
FSU beat 2 SEC teams in their out of conference schedule
None of that is speculation
The committee did an about face from last year and to leave an SEC out would of been blasphemy. There's no question about it.
FSU needed to find a different way to win with the loss of their QB and they did
Now if you're stand fast on the best teams must play why is Ga/tOSU not selected?
This will not be fixed with an expanding playoff next year.
Some other rightful team can just as easily be screwed over.
This is not figure skating where the prettiest competitor wins

Last edited:
The 4 best is speculative.
FSU (who I'm no fan of) proved it on the field with a stout defense, and 2 backup QBs at the end of the regular season.
That's not speculation
Did they look bad against UF?
Yes, but they won that game with a backup QB
Did Alabama beat Auburn?
Yes, but they had a complete team and just got by Auburn with the help of an official, and a lucky pass
FSU beat 2 SEC teams in their out of conference schedule
None of that is speculation
The committee did an about face from last year and to leave an SEC out would of been blasphemy year. There's no question about it.
FSU needed to find a different way to win with the loss of their QB and they did
Now if you're stand fast on the best teams must play why is Ga/tOSU not selected?
This will not be fixed with an expanding playoff next year.
Some other rightful team can just as easily be screwed over.
This is not figure skating where the prettiest competitor wins
It isn't speculative when the SEC has won 13 of the last 17 CFB titles, it's tough to ignore that.

Alabama has earned one hell of a lot of street cred, and when you are 12-1 and win an SEC title, I have zero problem with Alabama at #4 and FSU at #5.

Reactions: Pennick4
It isn't speculative when the SEC has won 13 of the last 17 CFB titles, it's tough to ignore that.

Alabama has earned one hell of a lot of street cred, and when you are 12-1 and win an SEC title, I have zero problem with Alabama at #4 and FSU at #5.
No it isn't. It just adds to the speculation.
I don't believe there's any bonus points for past championships. This championship is about this season not any from the past

What was Bullshit, besides FSU being left out?
When Alabama beat #1 Georgia to win the SEC title, and FSU looked the way they did in the ACC title game, lousy, the Seminoles were toast.

SEC>ACC.

Simple as that.

When Alabama beat #1 Georgia to win the SEC title, and FSU looked the way they did in the ACC title game, lousy, the Seminoles were toast.

SEC>ACC.

Simple as that.
And yet FSU beat both SEC teams they've played, and I believe the ACC dominated the SEC this year
Now how did that awesome Bama team look against Auburn?.
So your SEC >ACC is indeed bullshit

Last edited:
And yet FSU beat both SEC teams they've played, and I believe the ACC dominated the SEC this year
Now who did the awesome Bama team look against Auburn?.
Heck, I would also seed Georgia over Florida St.

Dude. Move on.

It's over.

Reactions: Pennick4
I can see Ga beating anyone of those four so way were they left out.......Dude?
What pleases me most is Michigan has to play someone that has a healthy starting QB.

Zero doubt Michigan would rather play Florida St without Jordan Travis. Anyone would.

Now who did the awesome Bama team look against Auburn?.

You are wasting your time with folks who ratify corruption. They REALLY believe they're being logical and fair.

As I posted earlier, some folks prefer fix over merit...this being a reflection of what we are as a society especially now.

It is what it is.

You are wasting your time with folks who ratify corruption. They REALLY believe they're being logical and fair.

As I posted earlier, some folks prefer fix over merit...this being a reflection of what we are as a society especially now.

It is what it is.
Ratify corruption....thanks for the chuckles.😂

Nobody wants to watch FSU get demolished by any of the other playoff teams. Stop the crying. 2 great semifinal games on the docket.
Don't watch in protest if you have a problem with the selection. Ratings are going to be great.

Nobody wants to watch FSU get demolished by any of the other playoff teams. Stop the crying. 2 great semifinal games on the docket.
Don't watch in protest if you have a problem with the selection. Ratings are going to be great.
The ratings would be just as great if FSU was playing.
BTW you have no idea if FSU would lose let alone be demolished.
I'm not cry as much as you are with no common sense explanation other than saying Bama is better with no proof

I'm not cry as much as you are with no common sense explanation other than saying Bama is better with no proof
Lol...FSU would be pantsed and you know it!
The ratings would be much less with FSU because fans know their offense stinks without their QB.

Lol...FSU would be pantsed and you know it!
The ratings would be much less with FSU because fans know their offense stinks without their QB.
It's pure speculation on your part. Nobody actually knows what would happen in a game that is not even played. You can think what you want, but it is still pure speculation, just your opinion

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Don't watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT