ADVERTISEMENT

2 things no one will say about FSU screw over

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
1- this was a time bomb waiting to happen and the NCAA is to blame and must be over hauled and the Fed government needs to step in and regulate collegiate football
2- Deja vu all over again for FSU as it’s ok to screw ND out of playoff in 93 but it’s not ok when you get screws in 2023

1- this was a time bomb waiting to happen and the NCAA is to blame and must be over hauled and the Fed government needs to step in and regulate collegiate football
2- Deja vu all over again for FSU as it’s ok to screw ND out of playoff in 93 but it’s not ok when you get screws in 2023
ARE YOU INSANE ?

THE LAST THING YOU WOULD EVER WANT TO DO IS TO GET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INVOLVED !

What’s the big deal? Like which of the 4 teams would FSU be favored against? How about Georgia… nope. Oregon? Probably not. Ohio State? Nope! They would be dogs against all of these teams. FSU’s SOS was 55, Bama’s was 5.

Love ya brother but #1 is way off
#2 aside from the playoff comment in 1993 (the voters did that) i agree

How do you remove bias.....good question
Government is the biggest mess. I get that. But NIL, sanctions for cheating, Ability for players to leave without sitting a year, —. This all needs strong governance from somebody and who will be that somebody? One step in right direction is 12 team playoff. Took 140 years for that to happen

I was saying capitalism was corrupt and awful, and is destroying CFB and obliterating the conferences and the tradition, for nothing. All for short term dollar bills....

But somehow this is even worse, even though it's smaller scale. FSU is being taken out behind the barn and getting shot like an injured horse. They totally earned their spot in the playoff, and they're FSU for Pete's sake, a bluest of blue program, and if anything, they earned their way in all the more because their star QB was injured, and they beat a good, ranked Louisville team to seal the deal in spite of it.

And they're still out. If you cannot see what a neon bright sign this is of an decadent, soulless society with no character or decency whatsoever in its institutions, that they behave this way, openly, and include it in their bylaws and protocols, when it comes to settling on a champion in this grandest of sports competitions, that of D-1 CFB.... And through absolutely no fault of their own, FSU's starting QB gets hurt, they win anyway without him, and still their entire season gets euthanized.

I was saying capitalism was corrupt and awful, and is destroying CFB and obliterating the conferences and the tradition, for nothing. All for short term dollar bills....

But somehow this is even worse, even though it's smaller scale. FSU is being taken out behind the barn and getting shot like an injured horse. They totally earned their spot in the playoff, and they're FSU for Pete's sake, a bluest of blue program, and if anything, they earned their way in all the more because their star QB was injured, and they beat a good, ranked Louisville team to seal the deal in spite of it.

And they're still out. If you cannot see what a neon bright sign this is of an decadent, soulless society with no character or decency whatsoever in its institutions, that they behave this way, openly, and include it in their bylaws and protocols, when it comes to settling on a champion in this grandest of sports competitions, that of D-1 CFB.... And through absolutely no fault of their own, FSU's starting QB gets hurt, they win anyway without him, and still their entire season gets euthanized.
Stop the drama. The 4 best teams(which the committee is asked to find) are in the playoffs.

What’s the big deal? Like which of the 4 teams would FSU be favored against? How about Georgia… nope. Oregon? Probably not. Ohio State? Nope! They would be dogs against all of these teams. FSU’s SOS was 55, Bama’s was 5.
Bama vs Texas vs USF vs Arkansas vs Auburn.

IF ND WAS UNDEFEATED AND GOT PASSED OVER..: EVERYONE WOULD BE FREAKING OUT!! 12-0 is 12-0... PATHETIC... FSU OVER BAMA! Michigan will beat everyone and that is terrible to say!!!

The 4 best teams are not in the playoffs. Two of them have been left out. Texas and Alabama are not two of the 4 best teams. Oregon is one of the 4 best teams. Prove me wrong!

No I get it with the gov. But who is gonna fix this mess?

It seems that by moving to 12 teams next season, the mess has been fixed.

I feel bad for FSU, but either they or Bama was going to feel screwed in the 4 team format. No way to avoid that this year.

Stop with your horseshit political opinions, the views of a loser in life, an under achiever.

As to football, with only four slots, someone had to be dissatisfied and in light of 1993, I have very little sympathy.

Reactions: NDinNJ
You aren't very bright....they take the best 4 teams. Didn't you say there was no way FSU wouldn't be in the playoffs? 😎
You don't understand either. Precedent was set. SEC teams take priority over all other teams. So if ND is on the bubble next year at 10-2 and there is a SEC team at 9-3. Committee selects the SEC team for the 12th spot, You really aren't bright are you.

Reactions: notredame79
You don't understand either. Precedent was set. SEC teams take priority over all other teams. So if ND is on the bubble next year at 10-2 and there is a SEC team at 9-3. Committee selects the SEC team for the 12th spot, You really aren't bright are you.
If ND's starting QB was out for the season , they would be left out like they should be. It has nothing to do with anything else.
Committee is asked to take the best 4 teams! FSU is probably behind Georgia and will probably get pantsed by them in their bowl game.
It isn't that hard to understand. Can't simplify it anymore for you. 😂😂😂

And you would be ok if nd had their star qb hurt and passed over at 12-or 13-0. Sure. FSU got hosed. No one can say they didn’t.
I would be pissed but FSU isn't one of the 4 best teams. They didn't get hosed . They would get blown out by any of the teams in Playoff.

You know ND football sucks when fans -are openly rooting for Michigan hahaha. Swarbrick 2024!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT