ADVERTISEMENT

women's bb vs ncs

Nice showing team in big game. I have never seen a team play dumber than these girls. Ncs is better coached with better talent. They deserved to win. We aren’t very good and ivy had herbteam unprepared.

Nice showing team in big game. I have never seen a team play dumber than these girls. Ncs is better coached with better talent. They deserved to win. We aren’t very good and ivy had herbteam unprepared.
Good to see you back

Not sure our problems with this team are fixable. We are terribly weak at the center position. Defense and rebounding and scoring from this position are damn near non existent. Not for lack of effort, but lack of talent. But that’s not the reason for our embarrassing performances against the better teams.
Hidalgo is an incredible asset, and we would be much worse off if not for her contributions, but the rest of the team‘s skill sets are largely not in sync with her style of play. Citron is a really good talent who thrives off back door cuts that make her difficult to defend because if you commit to defend against that, she pops out with open threes. Citron’s style thrives when pared with a pass first point guard, but wilts with a score first point guard like Hidalgo. Westbeld‘s game likewise suffers as she ends up standing around and not getting the type of drive and kick out to her in open space that she had with Miles.
The better teams with more athleticism easily defend us as we stand around waiting to see what Hidalgo does. We need a lot of player movement and ball movement to be successful with our kind of talent and limitations, and players at every level tend to stop moving when there is no ball movement to match. I expected the combination of Miles and Hidalgo to generate a really exciting brand of offense this year, and the absence of Miles has made us a one dimensional offense easily defended by better teams.

Not sure our problems with this team are fixable. We are terribly weak at the center position. Defense and rebounding and scoring from this position are damn near non existent. Not for lack of effort, but lack of talent. But that’s not the reason for our embarrassing performances against the better teams.
Hidalgo is an incredible asset, and we would be much worse off if not for her contributions, but the rest of the team‘s skill sets are largely not in sync with her style of play. Citron is a really good talent who thrives off back door cuts that make her difficult to defend because if you commit to defend against that, she pops out with open threes. Citron’s style thrives when pared with a pass first point guard, but wilts with a score first point guard like Hidalgo. Westbeld‘s game likewise suffers as she ends up standing around and not getting the type of drive and kick out to her in open space that she had with Miles.
The better teams with more athleticism easily defend us as we stand around waiting to see what Hidalgo does. We need a lot of player movement and ball movement to be successful with our kind of talent and limitations, and players at every level tend to stop moving when there is no ball movement to match. I expected the combination of Miles and Hidalgo to generate a really exciting brand of offense this year, and the absence of Miles has made us a one dimensional offense easily defended by better teams.
I wish I could disagree but cannot, not all the fault of the coach but certainly the recruiting is.
The key to a TEAM is having all the parts working together
Recruiting must keep that in mind; all shiny toys are not equal and many cannot work together; sometimes due to personality but often due to their peculiar talents not working well with each other.

Except for Hidalgo, our team’s feet never leave the floor. Even on rebounds. our tallest player shoots from her waist out of control
kk was a high school all American and miss bball in Ohio. Look at her now.
ivy has her work cut out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT