ADVERTISEMENT

with only 3 games left ND will have trouble making a major bowl bid.....

With three games left, ND will have a tough time making themselves bowl eligible.

Jack and BK are monitoring this situation closely. The path to the graduation rate championship is still intact, so no worries.

Why the hell would any Irish fan want to see this team in a bowl, eligible or not? They should just forfeit the last 3 games and save themselves anymore embarrassment. God I can't even think of what SC is going to do when they get to the colesium. ND has had some pretty bad losses over the last 15 years. Plenty of blowouts. But Southern Cal might be the worst ever. Think about it. There is nothing at all to play for, nothing. Now it's simply going to practice and just finishing out your obligation to play 3 meaningless games. In all my years as a fan I have never felt this hopeless about ND. The day is fast approaching when the stadium will no longer be filled. Maybe 20 thousand might go. ND football has become Temple. Oh I'm sorry, Temple of years ago. Because as of now Temple is the much much better program.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
Win out and get a small bowl and win, Jack and Kelly will project this as a rebuilding year in prep for a great run next season. Missing out on a bowl and the money and the exposure might bring enough pressure from wealthy contributing alums to cause a change.

Win out and get a small bowl and win, Jack and Kelly will project this as a rebuilding year in prep for a great run next season. Missing out on a bowl and the money and the exposure might bring enough pressure from wealthy contributing alums to cause a change.
I tend to think that Notre Dame is in a catch 22. I doubt Notre Dame feels that it is in a position to turn down a bowl...with the poor showing, there isn't any leverage with that independent thingy...turning down a bowl could backfire in the future. Problem is...that is exactly what should happen. Tough spot to be in.

Reactions: Telx1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT