ADVERTISEMENT

Winning toss ... electing to receive

Buguit

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 4, 2003
Kelly? ... how does it feel to be losing at the half and kicking off to start 2nd half .... can't cure stupid

WOW....."LOTS OF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME!!!" lmao....a grand total of one! and this guy uses emoticons like you...is this grandma responding!!!

In all the years, that I have played football and watched football bohs college and pros, the over whelming
number of coaches elect to defer. Of course, there are exceptions but they usually are due to weather conditions .
We can argue that our difense is bad, but they will still be bad the second half, only more worn down !

Too bad he didn't have that confidence in the offense on the 4th down play instead of the defense. Terrible decision. :mad:
It was 100% the right decision, and we had them in 3rd and long a few seconds later. We just didn't make the play on defense.

It was 100% the right decision, and we had them in 3rd and long a few seconds later. We just didn't make the play on defense.

90% wrong decision.

We made the wrong plays on defense all night. It seemed obvious.

90% wrong decision.

We made the wrong plays on defense all night. It seemed obvious.

It was 4th and 7 (or longer). Turn it over there and the game's over. Kelly elected to punt and extend the game which was the right call. If Luke doesn't go Gary Gray Michigan 2011 then the Irish would have forced the punt.

It was 4th and 7 (or longer). Turn it over there and the game's over. Kelly elected to punt and extend the game which was the right call. If Luke doesn't go Gary Gray Michigan 2011 then the Irish would have forced the punt.
So you agreed with the time out before the punt too? Once he called the TO he should have been committed to coming up with a play to go for it on fourth down. That TO was too valuable to waste in that situation. If he had sent the punt team out right away without using a TO I would have disagreed with the decision considering how poorly our defense played, but I wouldn't have thought it was an egregious decision. Once he used the TO and still punted, that was egregious.

The defensive backs have been Gary Gray all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT