ADVERTISEMENT

Which universities does Notre Dame consider to be its peers?

in terms of the combination of academics and athletics, Notre Dame has no peers !

Notre Dame possesses that rare combination of high academic standards and a high degree of success in athletics.

Have to agree that Stanford is really the only peer ND has as regards both athletics and academics

I'd say because ND's a Catholic school, the closest peers would be schools like Georgetown and Boston College.

Why ND would pick Stanford is beyond me. Stanford is the antithesis of ND in my opinion. Secularism is the word I associate with Stanford. ND is the most recognizable Catholic university in the country. As much as I do not like BC in football, to me they should be their academic peer. I would think and hope both schools share the same values. Stanford may be an outstanding academic university. But so is ND. That’s where the comparison begins and end as far as I’m concerned.

I'd say because ND's a Catholic school, the closest peers would be schools like Georgetown and Boston College.
Georgetown’s and Boston University’s sports teams can’t compare to Notre Dame

Georgetown’s and Boston University’s sports teams can’t compare to Notre Dame
I believe that list was about academic peers.

But Boston College is the only other Catholic university with a Division 1 FBS football team. So we have that in common with them as well.

Reactions: IrishHerb
I believe that list was about academic peers.

But Boston College is the only other Catholic university with a Division 1 FBS football team. So we have that in common with them as well.
If it’s only academic, I would think that northwestern, Duke and Rice would be on that list

If it’s only academic, I would think that northwestern, Duke and Rice would be on that list
Yes, I'd think so. I can't see the list, though. I don't have a subscription to that website.

IF you want it 50/50 athletics and academics then Stanford is to me about the only one that has a lot of quality teams in other sports like ND does. Not sure about Duke; they are great in Basketball but not sure otherwise. Stanford has won the Capital One Cup a lot of times in both womens and mens sports. Notre Dame has won a couple. No other school that has as tough an academics program has.
so on that basis alone its stanford for us and frankly ND for stanford

IF you want it 50/50 athletics and academics then Stanford is to me about the only one that has a lot of quality teams in other sports like ND does. Not sure about Duke; they are great in Basketball but not sure otherwise. Stanford has won the Capital One Cup a lot of times in both womens and mens sports. Notre Dame has won a couple. No other school that has as tough an academics program has.
so on that basis alone its stanford for us and frankly ND for stanford
Well stated. Stanford will win the combined Mens and Women's Capitol One Cup again this year.

Tijuana Tech. Little Sisters of the Poor. Mexico State. University of British Columbia Eastern Annex. Devry. LA trade Tech.

In terms of academic prowess and level of athletic participation (the level of success of course varies greatly), the list is Stanford, ND, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT