ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with Oklahoma...

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
From the interview regarding Oklahoma by the committee to the talking heads on College Football Final and College Gameday...

For the last several weeks it's like they're all saying prayers together for Oklahoma to play some defense.

Not just a little bit mind you...it's really bizarre the way they just act like they want to push Oklahoma over the hump into the top 4. Literalky take them by the hand and drag them over the 4th spot.

Utterly absurd and the disrespect toward Wazu, the ridiculous overrated LSU love affair...

Committee = circus

Just a total ****ing circus!!!

Reactions: cancandodo
I would take LSU over Wazzu in a heartbeat as a bettor. Yeah, they got shalacked by Bama, but we just have to ignore some good dominant wins like UGA and Miss St. Sorry but Wazzu scheduled Wyoming, San Jose and Eastern Washington OOC. If they beat UW this week they probably jump ahead of LSU and for sure if they win the Pac 12 championship. I'd say their rankings are fine right now.

OU is in the same boat. They have 2 more good games left to solidify that ranking or lose it. They aren't jumping Michigan, if UM wins out. They most likely won't jump Bama if Bama loses in decent fashion to UGA. And they aren't jumping UGA until Georgia loses. They may be ranked at 6, but I think the top 5 have pulled away by a good margin at this point. How else do you organize 6-10 that isn't splitting hairs?

I think "someone" really really wants Kyler Murray in the playoffs. Better yet, "someone" really really wants a Murray vs Tagovailoa match up. Good for ratings. Good for the playoff system. Good for the committee. Good for advertisers. Just good good good. That's my conspiracy theory and in no way am I sticking to it.

I think "someone" really really wants Kyler Murray in the playoffs. Better yet, "someone" really really wants a Murray vs Tagovailoa match up. Good for ratings. Good for the playoff system. Good for the committee. Good for advertisers. Just good good good. That's my conspiracy theory and in no way am I sticking to it.
The guy is very fun to watch. But Bama might score 100 on Oklahoma.

I don’t know why a team that hasn’t played defense in a long, long time & haven’t won in close to two decades gets so much love from the powers that be, whether it was before the CFP or now. If ND was winning the way Oklahoma and/or OSU have been, we’d be getting raked over the coals. Some are cranking up the excuse machine into high gear for both the loved ones. Neither should be considered unless there’s a lot of chaos, IMO.

There’s always been a weird Oklahoma love fest with committee. They suck. They’ve always sucked. I don’t get it.

From the interview regarding Oklahoma by the committee to the talking heads on College Football Final and College Gameday...

For the last several weeks it's like they're all saying prayers together for Oklahoma to play some defense.

Not just a little bit mind you...it's really bizarre the way they just act like they want to push Oklahoma over the hump into the top 4. Literalky take them by the hand and drag them over the 4th spot.

Utterly absurd and the disrespect toward Wazu, the ridiculous overrated LSU love affair...

Committee = circus

Just a total ****ing circus!!!

LSU would be favored by at least 5 or 6 over Washington St. on a neutral field. LSU is a better team overall.

As for OU, the committee knows that OU has an all time great type of offense and a non existent defense. That type of offense is difficult for anyone to stop and will cause problems for every team even if OU’s defense can’t get regular stops. I think committee thinks an OU/Alabama game would make for a great and entertaining game. Alabama vs. Michigan...Michigsn’s strength is really Alabama’s, too, AND Alabama has a great offense. I don’t think that would be much of a game.

LSU would be favored by at least 5 or 6 over Washington St. on a neutral field. LSU is a better team overall.

As for OU, the committee knows that OU has an all time great type of offense and a non existent defense. That type of offense is difficult for anyone to stop and will cause problems for every team even if OU’s defense can’t get regular stops. I think committee thinks an OU/Alabama game would make for a great and entertaining game. Alabama vs. Michigan...Michigsn’s strength is really Alabama’s, too, AND Alabama has a great offense. I don’t think that would be much of a game.
I guarantee that OK offense would do nothing against the top 4 teams.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
OU and Wazzou look like the same team to people who don't really pay attention. Although WSU lost earlier, and therefore should be ranked higher, it doesn't really matter as the PC will just put OU higher and offer whatever criterion supports it. A shame because Leach deserves the world.

Reactions: francade
Must be a

Those stats are very skewed.

They play in the Big12. They don't let you in that conference if you intend to play defense.

So they score a ton. Yep. So does everyone else in that conference.

If their offense is all world then that makes OK state second all world. And WVU, Texas Tech, and so on.

Nobody in that conference gives a shit about defense.

There are flag football games a little harder hitting than the Big 12
So everyone scores a lot.

Big deal.

Wazu deserves a better fate. They are playing a little bit of defense at least.

Apple cup will say a lot.

WVU will beat Oklahoma so all that talk will go bye bye.

Michigan loses, Georgia loses, Washington State loses,

Guess who slips in the playoff and wins the opening round against Bama.

UCF.

Whether you laugh or not....if that scenario played out that is a great thing for the collegiate football en masse

LSU is a one dimensional joke. Oklahoma plays 0 defense. Hopefully neither get in. For me part of the rankings is who is most deserving. Wazzu is one of the most deserving teams and I would have no problem betting them Against Oklahoma or LSU. Their defense is good

I guarantee that OK offense would do nothing against the top 4 teams.

I highly doubt that. That offense is almost impossible to stop. Yeah, OU might not go up and down the field and net 650 yards and 56 points, but you’re going to probably have to score 30+ to beat the Sooners.

Outside of Michigan at the moment, its really clear who the top 4 teams are.

That is one reason I am against going to 8 teams; dilutes it too much.

I would rather go to 6 teams with the top 2 getting first rd byes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT