ADVERTISEMENT

What improvements would you like to see from Rees in 2021?

thomasna

All Star
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2008
I would love to see a couple things from Rees and the offense next season.
  • RPO's to become more of a staple of the offense. I understand why it wasn't part of the offense this year but with a full offseason it should be fully installed in 2021.
  • Better passing concepts. The passing game was pretty basic this season and I hope the routes and concepts get much more creative.
  • Mixing speeds on offense.
  • RB's used in the pass game more. Wheel routes, screens or lining up Williams in the slot to run a quick out or slant would be a few examples.
  • Ingame Adjustments. I thought Rees struggled a bit in this regard in some games. He's very young so some of that was to be expected. I think Rees will be better in that regard in 2021.
Honestly a mix of Rees/Taylor run game and Chip Long's pass game would be an exciting offense to watch. Obviously the roster will dictate what we run but I think we have enough talent at skill position to run more 11 personnel and 10 personnel. This group of receivers ND has as of now are probably the most athletic group Kelly has ever had. I credit Chip Long for that. He placed an emphasis on upgrading the speed at receiver during his tenure and I hope we get to see the fruits of that labor in 2021. I know Long was a dbag but his recruiting was pretty good. What I don't want to see is ND become a Wisconsin clone like they were this year to a large extent.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News