ADVERTISEMENT

What did posters think of WF's defense today against Temple?

REMND

All Star
Mar 20, 2013
I think they stopped Temple from scoring TDs after the WF QB got knocked out of the game while their offense could only manage 3 points the second half.

WF buckled down and somehow limited Temple to 3 FGs the last three times they got into the redzone. I thought it was a really gutsy performance. Temple had all the momentum the 2nd half. Temple dominates the TOP the second half because WF's offense disappeared. Despite that, WF held them to 16 points the 2nd half.

Reactions: Classic Irish
There. Asked the team and coach if they wanted him and they asked him to stay and coach. Coaches from the box. Not sure where he will be at ND (box or side).

Defense was excellent. Looking forward to him.

I watched the game with a big smile on my face.

Like that he was a stand up guy. Like that he will bring a smart (yet college appropriate) d to nd. Like this guy. We need attitude but smart attitude. And this guy brings it. Prediction: our next HC when Kelly leaves.... Jus saying (and I've had a martini, still celebrating the holiday season, so take it with a grain of...)

Like that he was a stand up guy. Like that he will bring a smart (yet college appropriate) d to nd. Like this guy. We need attitude but smart attitude. And this guy brings it. Prediction: our next HC when Kelly leaves.... Jus saying (and I've had a martini, still celebrating the holiday season, so take it with a grain of...)
I believe Temple ended the game with negative rushing yards

I listened on the radio at work. It sounded like they really loaded up the box, stopped the run and made Temple try to beat them over the top. If Wake's QB had stayed upright, Temple wouldn't have had a chance. Once he got hurt they couldn't hang onto the ball on offense anymore.

Elko was coaching the D. The radio announcers talked about his transition to ND.

Elko will have to work a miracle with the DL; especially in 2018 (if any of the staff returns).
The defensive team is currently very poorly constructed; at every position group.
His hire is perplexing. If he was in demand or such a hot 'new' name being pursued, then why step into such a confused, volatile and almost hopeless looking situation? did he get a great sum of money to come to ND? Or maybe he reads it that, 'heck, if Kelly gets the axe, DC's are always guys who get HC considerations'. Does he see it a a possible quick promotion? Perplexing.

More idiotic musings from a football illiterate. If the scoreboard lights went out this clown wouldn't even know who won or lost a football game. But he wants to critique a DC hire? LMAO!!!! You're a bigger lame duck than Obama.

More idiotic musings from a football illiterate. If the scoreboard lights went out this clown wouldn't even know who won or lost a football game. But he wants to critique a DC hire? LMAO!!!! You're a bigger lame duck than Obama.
This coming from someone who critique the accomplishments of HCs who have done more with less.

Have a different take on a conversation is one thing, but to do it in this classless manor with complete disregard to your own falsehoods rings of ignorance

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT