ADVERTISEMENT

Well Matt Campbell Just Got Skull You Know What

Lou Holtz went 5-6 at ND and 0-11 at South Carolina. He also won a Natty going 12-0. One season does not define any coach. Campbell is a .500 coach in 4 years at Iowa State. Forgive me if I'm not impressed.
Its Iowa St
Not alot of top recruits going there

Its Iowa St
Not alot of top recruits going there

Urban Meyer for example, went 12-2 at Utah and 17-6 at Bowling Green before that... Neither of those places were getting top recruits.

29-8 at places that can't get the cream of the crop is a lot different then 27-26, IMO.

One screams of a coach that greatly over-achieves and who coaches at a level that can overcome a significant talent gap (something that is going to be important for ND to win a title).

The other screams of a guy who does a good enough job for his team to be respectable despite their lack of talent, but nowhere near the type of job that would allow him to compete for anything of significance.

Can't say I'm terribly impressed.

So to all the Rees kiss ass chrous realize that win over ISU was nothing spactacular. LSU would have hung 70 on ISU.

Urban Meyer for example, went 12-2 at Utah and 17-6 at Bowling Green before that... Neither of those places were getting top recruits.

29-8 at places that can't get the cream of the crop is a lot different then 27-26, IMO.

One screams of a coach that greatly over-achieves and who coaches at a level that can overcome a significant talent gap (something that is going to be important for ND to win a title).

The other screams of a guy who does a good enough job for his team to be respectable despite their lack of talent, but nowhere near the type of job that would allow him to compete for anything of significance.

To be fair compared to whose coached at Iowa st before him he is head and shoulders better plus he was 35 - 15 at Toledo.

Im not saying he's in the same class as UM but it hard to give a fair assessment

Are you comparing what a guy did at the MWC and MAC to being a head coach at a Big 12 team? Thats an odd comparison. Really odd.

He took over a 3 and 9 power 5 team in the middle of nowhere playing against the Big 12. What Urban did at Utah and Bowling Green playing against mid major talent and coaches is not a legit comparison. Not at all

Urban went 17 and 6 at Bowling Green
Campbell went 24 and 8 at Toledo

Now that is a legit comparison.

What you did wasnt a fair fight.

Im not saying Campbell is Urban, that is almost impossible. But lets not skew the facts.

Campbell can be a great coach and never be as good as Urban, almost no one ever was or will be.

But don't compare 2 things that arent equal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT