ADVERTISEMENT

Well Matt Campbell Just Got Skull You Know What

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
For his 6th loss this season... In his program's chance to make a mark, against a team whose coach had to light them up this week because they were evidently uninterested in playing in a disappointing bowl...

Let's hurry up and hire that guy lol

Troll away.

For his 6th loss this season... In his program's chance to make a mark, against a team whose coach had to light them up this week because they were evidently uninterested in playing in a disappointing bowl...

Troll away.
He got beat by a better coach and better team. In 5 years after BK retires Im sure he'll be one of the top options

Not a fan of Campbell. He never shows energy. I know there are good coaches like that, but I like fiery guys like Fleck better.

Reactions: CBKsFather

Troll away.

It’s what should have happened. ISU has a total of 4-5 4* recruits total. Glad ND handled business today

Reactions: NDinNJ
Campbell has done nothing to warrant taking over a big time program....

FSU said no
Disagree. I also said in 5 years. Not worth arguing about Campbell because I dont care enough about it. Kelly will be coaching here for 5 more years at least

Troll away.

But but but....it’s only because he was playing for nothing and ISU didn’t really care about beating us. If [insert whatever excuse you want], the game would have been much different!

Troll away.
If records define coaches then 7-6 is sure better than 4-8.

If records define coaches then 7-6 is sure better than 4-8.

Lou Holtz went 5-6 at ND and 0-11 at South Carolina. He also won a Natty going 12-0. One season does not define any coach. Campbell is a .500 coach in 4 years at Iowa State. Forgive me if I'm not impressed.

Reactions: IrishMike409
@IrishInOntario dude thank you so much for weighing in IIO.. I RAN to this board to see your incredibly extensive insight on the Notre dame football program... my day is literally complete!!!! LONG LIVE IIO!!!!!!

@Kontiki09 i know you haven’t seen your piece in years and your wife cozy’s up to her bull but come on man do better

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA KUNTIKI09 blocked me HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WHAT A PUSSY!!!!!!

Some of you guys are the type of dudes who whisper into your ugly wives ear while looking at someone... you snicker and when you get called out you say “I didn’t say anything, I’m sorry!!!”

ISU performed poorly - made many mistakes - that’s what a 6 loss team does. I watched a few of their losses this year, looks like a team that hasn’t been able to step up and play more consistent good football.

I do t get the comment about ND being disinterested. Kelly said he gives them the first night out for fun at bowl games (but not playoffs) and they looked like a team that had fun the next morning - but then it was time to get I to game mode. He never said they were distracted. The media writes what it wants when there is no story.

@IrishInOntario dude thank you so much for weighing in IIO.. I RAN to this board to see your incredibly extensive insight on the Notre dame football program... my day is literally complete!!!! LONG LIVE IIO!!!!!!

I aim to please. Always happy to fulfill lives! Send me your wife's bra and I'll autograph it for you guys.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Troll away.

I see that bolded there...lol.

To be sure, the knives would’ve been out for Kelly if this didn’t turn out well, and the Kelly bashers are completely unreasonable most of the time, but this game doesn’t define what Campbell is as a coach.

How do you vacillate between making analytic, data driven posts to posts such as these? I read so many posts on this board about a coach doing X and Y as if the entire game was played on a chessboard when the team composed of 20 year olds has to execute. Campbell has taken a team that lacks elite talent and made it competitive in just about every game it has played this season save for this one. Iowa St. has played 13 games and 1500+ snaps of the ball and has been very competitive; this body of work speaks more to Cambell’s ability than one game today.

Notre Dame is a class above in talent and was well-prepared despite the comments about Kelly being unhappy, “want to be there,” etc.

To be sure, the knives would’ve been out for Kelly if this didn’t turn out well, and the Kelly bashers are completely unreasonable most of the time, but this game doesn’t define what Campbell is as a coach.

How do you vacillate between making analytic, data driven posts to posts such as these? I read so many posts on this board about a coach doing X and Y as if the entire game was played on a chessboard when the team composed of 20 year olds has to execute. Campbell has taken a team that lacks elite talent and made it competitive in just about every game it has played this season save for this one. Iowa St. has played 13 games and 1500+ snaps of the ball and has been very competitive; this body of work speaks more to Cambell’s ability than one game today.

Notre Dame is a class above in talent and was well-prepared despite the comments about Kelly being unhappy, “want to be there,” etc.

I think they play in a dumpster fire conference that is completely allergic to defense. Add Notre Dame and let's say Texas A&M to the Big 12 and force Iowa State to play them every year and I think that completely changes the perception of that league...

Big time offenses, pitiful defenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: theskibro

I just don't get impressed by coaches that are .500 in 4 years on the job at a P5 school.

A guy like Urban Meyer went...

17-6 at Bowling Green
22-2 at Utah

He then went on to win 3 championships and have numerous incredible seasons at Florida and Ohio State.

That kind of "punching above your weight class" winning impresses me tremendously. Going .500 over 4 seasons and going 7-6 in in a team comprised of 3 classes of "your guys" and looking deeply non-competitive against a second tier opponent (ND) 4 years into your tenure, doesn't impress me.

Maybe Campbell will make a fabulous coach. He's just not the guy I'd call.

I just don't get impressed by coaches that are .500 in 4 years on the job at a P5 school.

17-6 at Bowling Green
22-2 at Utah

He then went on to win 3 championships and have numerous incredible seasons at Florida and Ohio State.

That kind of "punching above your weight class" winning impresses me tremendously. Going .500 over 4 seasons and going 7-6 in in a team comprised of 3 classes of "your guys" and looking deeply non-competitive against a second tier opponent (ND) 4 years into your tenure, doesn't impress me.

Im happy Jack is making the calls around here

Reactions: echowaker

17-6 at Bowling Green
22-2 at Utah

Yep.
I agree. I felt the same way about a lot of coaches some on here have a love affair with.
First it was Brohm. He’s below .500 in a horrible division and was losing by 60 at halftime of a Bowl game. But he won one big game (during a 6-7 season) also lost 5 times to G5 teams while there.
Then Herman, who likes to taunt opposing players, flip off fans, dance on the sideline to mock the opponent, then go .500 at Texas with the best players & recruiting in the country.
Then Fleck, who is a clown show & gimmick machine that wouldn’t fly two seconds at ND or any national program. He played a weak schedule & racked up wins then finally played two good teams & got destroyed, after .500 previous seasons.
Then finally Campbell, who’s own fans are even posting right now about how sick they are of everybody slobbering over a .500 coach in a bad conference.
Yet the current ND coach just went 33-6 (11-2 average) over three years with 11 (possibly 12 with Navy) wins against teams who finished ranked, two bowl wins & a CFP appearance.
Grass is greener...

33-6. Clown.

Ideally if I had a choice I’d prefer 25-10 over a three year run with a national championship.

25-10 with a title trumps 33-6 with zero titles.

My point is, records don’t mean jack sh*t if you can’t contend for titles.

Reactions: Leahylads
Ideally if I had a choice I’d prefer 25-10 over a three year run with a national championship.

25-10 with a title trumps 33-6 with zero titles.

My point is, records don’t mean jack sh*t if you can’t contend for titles.
No sh*t. 2 teams have won a NC during that time. Clemson and Bama.

33 and 6. We're a top 7 team last 3 years

Troll away.

like I said, I don’t get the hard on for that guy around here.

Maybe he will, but this season he looked nowhere near "program changing".

The Big 12 is terrible.

he has done very good job. Remember, we are talking about Iowa State. They were outmanned yesterday. That was obvious after the first quarter. ND methodically beat them. With that said, Matt Ruhle is at the top of my list. He turned Temple into a good program while he was there. Then he walked into a mess at Baylor and look at them now. The guy can flat out coach. I doubt ND would get him, but one can hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT