ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Recruiting

Crickets. Based on the usual media drivel, I would’ve expected 2-3 commits by now and a plethora of info. Perhaps they’re silent, but not hearing a whiff. I think everyone is sitting and wondering the same thing as you right now. Several recruits were now or unlikely types with several more visits scheduled. ND felt if they could shut it down this weekend they were in a good position. If not, likely gone. Was hoping to hear about Hanafin, Gray, Flores, Downs, J Moore, etc. that they’re shutting down future visits. Not having the ‘23 QB that has led to a lot of prior excitement isn’t doing us any favors, but CJ was on campus. Rumor on the other boards is Driskell said 2-3 kids were committing yesterday. I’ve heard nothing.

Last edited:
Caleb had a great visit and his dad (who is a coach) loved the staff and had very positive things to say about ND. Going to be hard to pull him from SEC country, but I think we have a legit shot. That's about all I know as of yet, but it's 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning. I expect more news to come out soon.

Downs is definitely taking his OVs still. Will be unlikely to get him with late visits. He’d be better than KH and be a T10 pick from ND imo.

Word is there could be news on Gray and Hanafin soon.

Wiltfong just put in a crystal ball for Ausberry to land at ND. If Ausberry ends up committing, This might be the best defensive recruiting class in ND history.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
By all accounts, it was a fantastic weekend and we either solidified our leading position or made major movement on those previously leaning elsewhere. Something to this effect is seemingly written after every recruiting weekend, and it doesn’t change if we‘re talking ND or LSU or Ohio St, etc…. The only thing that gives me encouragement is when I see guys like Witfong and Loy and Singer putting in CB’s or predictions for ND, as they have good connections and realistic insights. The very best players can afford to take their time knowing there will always be room for whichever college they select, and under Freeman, we are chasing the very best.

I was on campus last week and it was cold and rainy. Now that I have lived in the southwest for 10 years I can now appreciate how cold 62° feels to some other people. June in the Midwest can be like January in the south. We might want to adjust our calendar in the future.

No commits within a day and you’re freaking out? Gray and Flores both have scheduled commitments for July so unlikely they’d announce much now. Most ND writers feel good for Gray and Hannefin and Ausberry is trending towards the Irish. Basically everything I’ve seen is everything went well and we’ll see a few commits out of these kids over the next month

Reactions: BGI User 756
Crickets. Based on the usual media drivel, I would’ve expected 2-3 commits by now and a plethora of info. Perhaps they’re silent, but not hearing a whiff. I think everyone is sitting and wondering the same thing as you right now. Several recruits were now or unlikely types with several more visits scheduled. ND felt if they could shut it down this weekend they were in a good position. If not, likely gone. Was hoping to hear about Hanafin, Gray, Flores, Downs, J Moore, etc. that they’re shutting down future visits. Not having the ‘23 QB that has led to a lot of prior excitement isn’t doing us any favors, but CJ was on campus. Rumor on the other boards is Driskell said 2-3 kids were committing yesterday. I’ve heard nothing.
The coaching staff is allowing the kids to have their moments. There is positive news from the weekend, and many suspect three to four silent commits... Until public don't expect to hear much.
The fact is outside of cb and wr ND is big game hunting and it will take time

Reactions: echowaker
The coaching staff is allowing the kids to have their moments. There is positive news from the weekend, and many suspect three to four silent commits... Until public don't expect to hear much.
The fact is outside of cb and wr ND is big game hunting and it will take time
Some folks feel they're entitled to information in their time frame.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
I was on campus last week and it was cold and rainy. Now that I have lived in the southwest for 10 years I can now appreciate how cold 62° feels to some other people. June in the Midwest can be like January in the south. We might want to adjust our calendar in the future.

I live in Michigan and it’s been damn near 100. Unbearably hot. Recently cooled down to mid 70’s, but going back to high 80’s early this week. 60’s is quite rare for June in the midwest unless at night. Flukes happen. I’d take 62 all day over 96 like we had this past week. Everything is dead: grass, flowers, etc.

I live in Michigan and it’s been damn near 100. Unbearably hot. Recently cooled down to mid 70’s, but going back to high 80’s early this week. 60’s is quite rare for June in the midwest unless at night. Flukes happen. I’d take 62 all day over 96 like we had this past week. Everything is dead: grass, flowers, etc.

Exactly. High heat and/or humidity is the absolute worst.

Loy allegedly stated on the 247 board that we have "6 silent commits right now". So I'd say the 2 weekend visits are paying off.

Knowing Loy Carnell Tate is one of them. :):):)
It seems Ohio State will pass us in the recruiting ranking sooner or later. Just a matter of time. I personally favor On3's team rankings and we are essentially tied, but they lead for like 4 5 star kids. I'm not sure we lead for any composite 5 star kids. Maybe Jagusah will break the Top 5 eventually (On3 has him as such and the best OL in the nation). Rivals of course has no idea how to rank kids. I think he's going to be one of our best OL. Maybe Jason Moore could get there. If CJ reclassed could allow for the potential of 4 5 star kids, but I doubt he'd be a 5 star if he reclassified. Chances are we get 1 5 star kid.

Last edited:
Loy allegedly stated on the 247 board that we have "6 silent commits right now". So I'd say the 2 weekend visits are paying off.
If its only 23 kids Id say

Bell
Flores
Gray
Jagusah
Hanafin
Greathouse

If he's counting 24 kids Id take the last 2 out and add

Larsen
Williams

If its only 23 kids Id say

Bell
Flores
Gray
Jagusah
Hanafin
Greathouse

If he's counting 24 kids Id take the last 2 out and add

Larsen
Williams
Driskell and Ryan gave their confidence levels today. In the past, Driskell has said 10 is a public commit. I am assuming for him, a 9 is a silent commit. He was a 9+ on Hanafin, which to me means a certain silent. I was a bit surprised on that one. Jagusah I am not surprised. I hope he commits soon. So, that said, I'd say this gives us a clue....

Based on that, I'd say Hanafin and Jagusah are silents for sure. Gray, Bell, Ausberry, Greathouse are possibly silents. That would make six if talking just '23. My guess is Loy was referring to total, so I'm thinking at least one of those 9's is not a silent.

Jeremiyah Love: Ryan-7, Bryan-6

Richard Young: Ryan-3 or 4, Bryan-4

Ronan Hanafin: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+

Jaden Greathouse: Ryan-9, Bryan-9

Rico Flores: Ryan-8.5, Bryan-8

Micah Tease: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5

Charles Jagusah: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+

Monroe Freeling: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5 or 6

Jason Moore: Ryan-9, Bryan-7

Jaiden Ausberry: Ryan-9.5, Bryan-9

Christian Gray: Ryan-10, Bryan-9

Micah Bell: Ryan-10, Bryan-9

Jasiah Wagoner: Ryan-5, Bryan-6

Caleb Downs: Ryan-6, Bryan-5

Last edited:
Take it with a grain of salt. To me, this lost a bit of credibility that Ryan had a 6 and Bryan had a 5 for Downs. While I know they’re homerish, literally nobody I’ve ever heard of up to this point has Downs as a ND lean, or even a 50/50.

Not getting sold on Flores.

Noah Rogers hasn't popped for OSU and there are a few saying he is leaning towards staying home at NCSU. if he doesn't go to OSU they will likely target Flores

Why would a recruit give a “silent commitment”? What’s the advantage/reason for it?

It didn’t bother the recruits

Why would a recruit give a “silent commitment”? What’s the advantage/reason for it?
Multiple reasons.

1. Kids like to have their "moment". They want to announce their commitment in their way with their family.

2. The school wants to space out commitments to build the perception of momentum. With every commitment recruits talk more about Notre Dame. The more they talk about Notre Dame the more Notre Dame is perceived as a hot school for recruits. Nd wants to carry the momentum into 2024 recruiting.

3. positive news. Spacing them out keeps Notre Dame on sports sites in a Positive light.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yep, it’s all about having that moment in the spotlight. Annoying as an adult, but I’d probably do it if I were the 17 y/o I once was that thought he was cooler than cool.

Rumor is Shaun said ND shouldn’t have taken CJ and played it out with Dante. Said the staff butchered his recruitment. Can someone verify or refute this? I doubt this is true. If it is, everyone should stop listening to him.

Rumor is Shaun said ND shouldn’t have taken CJ and played it out with Dante. Said the staff butchered his recruitment. Can someone verify or refute this? I doubt this is true. If it is, everyone should stop listening to him.
That's an opinion. And a dumb one it sounds like

Reactions: tbonesays and sjb75
Even if he said it. It's an opinion. And a dumb one

I don’t get why you’re liking a comment from a guy that’s shutting down real ND talk. This is a forum, a place where we bring stories and viewpoints that others miss. This forum is as lame and as tame as I’ve ever seen kt due to posters that being no information whatsoever. This is place to condense information and talk about shit, in favor or against. This is being stated by ND media, and you’d prefer its not discussed because one moron poster that offers nothing thinks so? What are you a safe space type? We certainly know this other clown,sjb is. I think Shaun is a tool and I’m going to say it on the forum. I prefer he hears that. I tried to watch his lame ass podcast yesterday and shut it off after the first 5 minutes was taking about cologne.

I don’t get why you’re liking a comment from a guy that’s shutting down real ND talk. This is a forum, a place where we bring stories and viewpoints that others miss. This forum is as lame and as tame as I’ve ever seen kt due to posters that being no information whatsoever. This is place to condense information and talk about shit, in favor or against. This is being stated by ND media, and you’d prefer its not discussed because one moron poster that offers nothing thinks so? What are you a safe space type? We certainly know this other clown,sjb is. I think Shaun is a tool and I’m going to say it on the forum. I prefer he hears that. I tried to watch his lame ass podcast yesterday and shut it off after the first 5 minutes was taking about cologne.
That's weird

It seems Ohio State will pass us in the recruiting ranking sooner or later. Just a matter of time. I personally favor On3's team rankings and we are essentially tied, but they lead for like 4 5 star kids. I'm not sure we lead for any composite 5 star kids. Maybe Jagusah will break the Top 5 eventually (On3 has him as such and the best OL in the nation). Rivals of course has no idea how to rank kids. I think he's going to be one of our best OL. Maybe Jason Moore could get there. If CJ reclassed could allow for the potential of 4 5 star kids, but I doubt he'd be a 5 star if he reclassified. Chances are we get 1 5 star kid.
I think the 2023 recruiting crown comes down to ND, OSU or Alabama. I travel around different boards and both Alabama and OSU are still in on a ton of kids - as is ND. As usual, Alabama is way back early in the recruiting process but you can bet they'll be there at the end. Georgia and USC could also be in the top 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT