ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Heisman Rankings

Will Grier is the best player in CFB IMO

Ian's stats in two games are comparable! Imagine if he started vs. Ball State and Wake!

2018 52 70 616 74.3 8.80 66 7 0 2 181.2 80.2 82.1

Ian's stats in two games are comparable! Imagine if he started vs. Ball State and Wake!

2018 52 70 616 74.3 8.80 66 7 0 2 181.2 80.2 82.1

If he continues to perform like he has he might just get an invite to new york this season ..

if he comes back in 2019 he'll be on a shortlist of a lot of national award watchlists including a top 5 heisman candidate

If he continues to I play that way no doubt he will be invited because we’ll be undefeated and his stats would be off the chain. He also has had an upward trend (better every game). If he can stay consistent and healthy he will look like Mayfield before his career is over.

If he continues to perform like he has he might just get an invite to new york this season ..

if he comes back in 2019 he'll be on a shortlist of a lot of national award watchlists including a top 5 heisman candidate
He'll be back next year.

We'll see if his gaudy numbers continue when teams figure out how to game plan against him.

So far there is no reason they wont

It's just sad that this award now goes to the best player (or most popular player) on the best team, instead of it's intended recipient - the best player PERIOD.

Why should Trace McSorley be excluded because of the loss to OSU?? Is he still not one of the nations best players??

It's good that Benny Snell at least makes the list, but there's no chance in hell he'll win it. And that's wrong. He's been a great player for a couple seasons now, not just a couple weeks. And putting up big numbers while playing for an inferior team no less. Playing against SEC teams every week.

Gone are the days when Tim Brown won the award while being on a team that lost four games. His obvious talents on the field earned him the award. Not his teams won-loss record.

Reactions: 88ND and Bumpdaddy
It's just sad that this award now goes to the best player (or most popular player) on the best team, instead of it's intended recipient - the best player PERIOD.

Why should Trace McSorley be excluded because of the loss to OSU?? Is he still not one of the nations best players??

It's good that Benny Snell at least makes the list, but there's no chance in hell he'll win it. And that's wrong. He's been a great player for a couple seasons now, not just a couple weeks. And putting up big numbers while playing for an inferior team no less. Playing against SEC teams every week.

Gone are the days when Tim Brown won the award while being on a team that lost four games. His obvious talents on the field earned him the award. Not his teams won-loss record.
The award wasn't nowhere near as commercialized that it has become.

Being on a good team or a popular team has always helped but now it's almost a must to get any first place votes.

When I hear announcers say his teams record is better....drives me crazy.

That ****ing award is supposed to be about the individual...only.

McSorley is very much one of the best players in college football. Which makes that 4th down call even more perplexing.

The public has started to use wins more and more as a judgement of individual prowess in team sports. If Tom Brady plays just like he does, but has one super bowl victory, is he the GOAT? Same thing with the NBA.

McSorley is very much one of the best players in college football. Which makes that 4th down call even more perplexing.

The public has started to use wins more and more as a judgement of individual prowess in team sports. If Tom Brady plays just like he does, but has one super bowl victory, is he the GOAT? Same thing with the NBA.
Yes, Franklin blew that 4th down play-call. Put it in McSorley's hands with the option to throw or run. No Brainer!!

I've basically lost interest in the Heisman. They claim it is for the best player in college football. In my opinion its BS ... should be re-labelled as being for the best (or most popular) QB or RB in college football.

This award needs to be renamed as the most outstanding OFFENSIVE skill player in the nation and not the best FOOTBALL PLAYER in the nation. OL and defensive players just don't get the pub necessary to win the Heisman, but they are equally important to team success.

I've basically lost interest in the Heisman. They claim it is for the best player in college football. In my opinion its BS ... should be re-labelled as being for the best (or most popular) QB or RB in college football.
Add....On a very successful team.

Chase -- I do think we have to tap the breaks a bit on Ian... We're putting too much on him too early... Yes, he has been exceptional but he has only started 3 games and one of those against a terrible Wake D. I believe in the kid, I really think he may be Kelly's best when all is said and done... But there are going to be games when he makes mistakes. Teams now have some film on him and that will make it tougher. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he throws for 300 yards a game for the rest of the season, with no mistakes... but he is what 20? Lets hope the rest of the team is there for him when he falls. If he falls. Lets hope we all stick by the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT