ADVERTISEMENT

Weather delay

THUNDERSTRUCK111

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 21, 2012
Posted about this but decided to make a thread.
How come a big boy program like ours had no extra jerseys or even food and nutrition on hand during the weather delay.
Announcer said our staff was at the concession stand getting hot dogs and nachos to keep the players hydrated and fueled up.
We had to sit in the locker room with wet clothes on. Thoughts ?

I have a hard time believing we didn’t know it was going to rain or have a possible storm delay.

How come a big boy program like ours had no extra jerseys or even food and nutrition on hand during the weather delay.
Announcer said our staff was at the concession stand getting hot dogs and nachos to keep the players hydrated and fueled up.
It worked out.

What’s wrong with an all American beef frankfurter?

I wonder what the rules are here. Are both teams allowed an extra uniform? Do most teams have backup food just in case? I don’t know…
I have never heard of the visiting team packing an extra uniform. Do locker rooms have driers?

I have never heard of the visiting team packing an extra uniform. Do locker rooms have driers?
All good questions. That I don’t know.
Like do the teams eat together after the game . What do they get to eat. Is there a hotel the visiting team goes to or are there on campus type dorms the visiting team stay in. If it’s a hotel does the team go out somewhere to eat or is it a bagged type lunch dinner. Night games , does the team immediately leave in a plane back to south bend or do they sleep first then get on a plane and head back ? Does their equipment like helmets etc go on the plane or are they on a big trailer that leaves to the game destination days earlier. Does the band fly with the team ? Just curious how this all comes together. Are the players families included in these meals and hotel stays etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: FightingIrish44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT