ADVERTISEMENT

Weakness

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Last year the receivers where the worry, turned out to be fairly true. We blame Hartman maybe a bit too much. Against top competition there were lots of coverage sacks. Seems like the core is much better than last. Freshman are more talented than what we lost, some good adds.

The OL is gonna be an issue. Gonna need to leave backs in for anything over 10!l yards. Maybe QB runs helps.

Last year the receivers where the worry, turned out to be fairly true. We blame Hartman maybe a bit too much. Against top competition there were lots of coverage sacks. Seems like the core is much better than last. Freshman are more talented than what we lost, some good adds.

The OL is gonna be an issue. Gonna need to leave backs in for anything over 10!l yards. Maybe QB runs helps.
The biggest issue with the OL will be inexperience. It's certainly not an issue of talent. I expect them to have their share of struggles Saturday night but I also expect them to be significantly better as the season goes on.

Reactions: malon02 and NDSMC78
Agree. Maybe strength as frosh. Although it was amazing to watch Alt come in and dominate even as a frosh.

I mean we are stacked in the offense and have an experienced coordinator. That OL is the Achilles of 2024. Probably should have hit the portal a bit. Not sure what was there and it hasn’t worked much for us with OL.

Agree. Maybe strength as frosh. Although it was amazing to watch Alt come in and dominate even as a frosh.

I mean we are stacked in the offense and have an experienced coordinator. That OL is the Achilles of 2024. Probably should have hit the portal a bit. Not sure what was there and it hasn’t worked much for us with OL.

Just watching the BG again. Greathouse and Deon had good games. Gilbert as a frosh looked like a stud. We know what we have with Faison. Thomas is talented and experienced. Just seems like in one year we went from a weakness to a strength.

The biggest issue with the OL will be inexperience. It's certainly not an issue of talent. I expect them to have their share of struggles Saturday night but I also expect them to be significantly better as the season goes on.
Totally agree with this. I keep thinking that Baker was serviceable as a tackle based largely on his start against Oregon State, and both Coogan and Rocco were for largely the entire season. Yet, a true undersized freshman with no experience has apparently beat out Baker, and a sophomore with no experience has apparently beat out both Coogan and Rocco. So we expect to have three starters with zero game experience, whom obviously impressed Rudolph and Denbrock sufficiently to value their skills and abilities to perform now, over serviceable game experience. Both Rudolph and Denbrock are demanding task masters, so I expect these three to play solid in this first game, and exceptionally well by season’s end.

Reactions: echowaker
You have to think Baker is dinged up or something. He has been in there, certainly has the size and strength. But maybe these frosh are just that talented.

Tons of attention on oline. If not great you can do things to help it out.

I think lb is the sneaky make or break position not getting talked about enough. Can’t hide poor lb play

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT