ADVERTISEMENT

Watching USC game

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
I have never seen a softer offensive line in my life. Kizer got abused the whole game (6 sacks) and they don't even seem to take it personal. Something is going wrong coaching wise. Yes, Hiestand can recruit, but why is the line constantly underperforming? Something needs to change if they want to compete next year. No competitive fire and no toughness. USC bullied them last year.

Last edited:
I have never seen a softer offensive line in my life. Kizer got abused the whole game (6 sacks) and they don't even seem to take it personal. Something is going wrong coaching wise. Yes, Hiestand can recruit, but why is the line constantly underperforming? Something needs to change if they want to compete next year. No competitive fire and no toughness. USC bullied them last year.
That was because everybody but Jack thought that was Kelly's last game and he and his whole staff would be fired.

I'd have to rewatch it ... my recollection is we played tough in the first half but got out athleted on a few big returns then threw in the towel

Reactions: nemeth#5
That was then. This is now. Irish Nation all get it. The coaching was bad on all fronts. The HC took responsibility. We all realize that 2016 was a complete wash. It's over. It's done. Nothing about it can be changed. Why analyze and over analyze something in the past? Something that fans have no power over. Something that will improve dramatically or there is a good chance there will be major changes for 2018. Major changes that fans have no power over. 2016 was a big time stinky. Give 2017 time to breath and see what happens.

I was at that game. My seats are right behind a former player. At the start of the game he said, "Kelly is kicking to Jackson, nobody does that." Also, when Adoree is put in on offense, everyone knows he is getting the ball. Kelly ignored this. IIRC Adoree scored three times, twice on returns and once on an end around. I never thought the Irish gave up. This one was solely on Kelly IMO.

Reactions: perseverare
I was at that game. My seats are right behind a former player. At the start of the game he said, "Kelly is kicking to Jackson, nobody does that." Also, when Adoree is put in on offense, everyone knows he is getting the ball. Kelly ignored this. IIRC Adoree scored three times, twice on returns and once on an end around. I never thought the Irish gave up. This one was solely on Kelly IMO.
Unfortunately a lot of them L's are solely on Kelly!

Yup that adoree was explosive man. Fuller did burn him a few times as well as Stephenson once which was good to see. But no coach in the country should kick to him

Yup that adoree was explosive man. Fuller did burn him a few times as well as Stephenson once which was good to see. But no coach in the country should kick to him
It was like watching Bo kick to the Rocket twice in 1989

Can't really get into basketball especially now that my sixers aren't playing Embiid. Waiting for spring ball
I agree. For me basketball is tough until it means something.... more than half the teams in the NBA make the playoffs.... so I dont really follow until the 2nd round.

Same in NCAA, the regular season is basically just an extended pre-season. Every team makes their conference tourney, and any team worth a crud makes the big tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT