ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Michigan spring game. Whew!!!!!!!! Good thing we dont play them..'

I watched them just now and can't wait for next season. They looked like boys standing next to our lads. Do they still have a strength and conditioning program there in Skunkville? Ohio State going to be hard to handle this year.

I watched them just now and can't wait for next season. They looked like boys standing next to our lads. Do they still have a strength and conditioning program there in Skunkville? Ohio State going to be hard to handle this year.

Those 44 players with freshman eligibility last year for OSU (youngest team in CF) are now experienced with Kevin Wilson hired as the OC. Harbaugh had his chance last year with all of his experience - 14 players to this year's NFL combine. Should have beat OSU when he had the chance. Be surprised if OSU doesn't curb-stomped the Weasels this year

Last edited:
Reactions: mmumley
Michigan has recruited very well the last couple of years. How can they not be good??

UM is a legit contender for it's conference title and a playoff birth. It took Harbaugh 1 year to turn Mich. around. They are the real deal.

Reactions: Walruzz
Don't have a clue as to which team will be favored when we play them next year, just looking forward to having them on the schedule and hope we pick up where we left off with them. Love the challenge and hype playing USC and Stanford and Michigan in the same year again.

We play Va. Tech and Florida State too! Plus several other challenging opponents. All hands on deck next season; the ship is sailing into a rough season.

UM is a legit contender for it's conference title and a playoff birth. It took Harbaugh 1 year to turn Mich. around. They are the real deal.

Says the boards resident Harbaugh jock sniffer Let me know when he figures out how to win his Division and beat OSU? Until then it's blah blah blah....

Reactions: Pennick44
you can sniff this?

Turned around UM in a single season. And:

As head coach:
As player:

Note he has sniffed the NFL!
and your man? (I will leave a line here for any accomplishment)

Not a fan of JH here, but I am appreciative of great coaching and leadership.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
harbaugh is a good coach but not that good. remember pers that Michigan already had really good players but needed a coach just a notch above hoke to get the best out of the returning players. hoke was a great recruiter and brought in great players and so harbaugh didn't have to do much. he'll be tested as a head coach this upcoming season with such a young roster

pre season predictions have a talented but inexperienced UM looking like 8-4. Yep that's a Harbaugh rebuild but around here 8-4 is equivalent to a NC!

pre season predictions have a talented but inexperienced UM looking like 8-4. Yep that's a Harbaugh rebuild but around here 8-4 is equivalent to a NC!
I didn't realize 8-4 was "A legit playoff and conference contender". Hmm, ND might make a run this year!

Maybe try to be more informed and things will be easier for you to grasp.
There are 4-5 teams in the B10 that are projected top 15 teams. UM is 1 of them.
Did UM contend in Harbaugh's 1st two seasons?
That is a Y/N for you.
How about countering Harbaughs coaching accomplishments with those of the ND guy rather than smug S-A retorts. Or is it you lack sufficient counterpoints?

Last edited:
Harbaugh is a very good coach. I wasn't disputing that. I just think its funny how everyone fawns over him, yet he's never even won an NCAA conference championship much less a title.

The B1G is loaded this year. They could win 10 games and not even play in the conference championship game -- which would be in line with his record.

Reactions: Pennick44
The obstacle is Urban Meyer/tOSU

Sham would have won the Triple Crown if not for Secretariat.
Sham was still a great racing horse.

But more than Harbaugh is the idea that putting JH down, somehow makes BK better? That is ridiculous.

Harbaugh blows. He is the perfect Michigan coach. He left the 49ers a mess and will do so with the Boogerines.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
The obstacle is Urban Meyer/tOSU

Sham would have won the Triple Crown if not for Secretariat.
Sham was still a great racing horse.

But more than Harbaugh is the idea that putting JH down, somehow makes BK better? That is ridiculous.
Perse you are right about putting Harbaugh down to "better" BK. But.....He hasn't won anything that jumps out at me. NFC championship, meh. Many coaches have won these, only to be fired soon after. ND didn't get much praise when Bama curb stomped them. Second place= first loser.

I dunno, he has won Bowl games and conference championships. That's not nothing.
He has been at UM 2 years and UM has been a factor in the B10 and he was in contention till the end for the playoffs. The guy may be strange but he can build a program and coach a team.

Maybe try to be more informed and things will be easier for you to grasp.
There are 4-5 teams in the B10 that are projected top 15 teams. UM is 1 of them.
Did UM contend in Harbaugh's 1st two seasons?
That is a Y/N for you.
How about countering Harbaughs coaching accomplishments with those of the ND guy rather than smug S-A retorts. Or is it you lack sufficient counterpoints?
Who on this thread brought up BK besides you? Somehow you think that criticisms of Harbaugh are in an effort to elevate BK.

To answer the question, no. 3 losses a year isn't contending. Let's not forget Brady Hoke went 19-7 his first two years @ Michigan (Harbaugh 20-6). I don't think Harbaugh is Hoke but as others have mentioned, he hasn't won anything. Didn't BK go 12-0 in his 3rd year, haven't you learned not to crown too quickly?

Who on this thread brought up BK besides you? Somehow you think that criticisms of Harbaugh are in an effort to elevate BK.

To answer the question, no. 3 losses a year isn't contending. Let's not forget Brady Hoke went 19-7 his first two years @ Michigan (Harbaugh 20-6). I don't think Harbaugh is Hoke but as others have mentioned, he hasn't won anything. Didn't BK go 12-0 in his 3rd year, haven't you learned not to crown too quickly?
He has a Mike Sanford statue in his front yard.

are you guys serious? You don't know who will be favored next year when ND and UM play? My god. Harbaugh took a 5-7 team and has consecutive 10 win seasons. 20 wins in 2 yrs with a crushing defeat of SEC East Champ Florida in year 1 and the narrowest of losses to 2 of the best teams in CFB in year 2 - a road OT loss to Ohio State and a 1 pt loss to FSU (2nd best team in ACC) on a "neutral" field in Miami.

Meanwhile, ND is a dumpster fire. You got whitewashed by Spartina. Did you forget they scored 36 consecutive pts against the Irish in South bend. Kelly won't survive 2017. You're staring at another 4-5 loss season (best case). Defections will ensue. Recruiting will suffer and a new HC will be left to mop up the mess. And most of the wise posters on this board know it.

Yes, I remember 0-31, just like I remember 38-0, 38-0. Those days are long gone. Your road is about to get even bumpier. Book it.

are you guys serious? You don't know who will be favored next year when ND and UM play? My god. Harbaugh took a 5-7 team and has consecutive 10 win seasons. 20 wins in 2 yrs with a crushing defeat of SEC East Champ Florida in year 1 and the narrowest of losses to 2 of the best teams in CFB in year 2 - a road OT loss to Ohio State and a 1 pt loss to FSU (2nd best team in ACC) on a "neutral" field in Miami.

Meanwhile, ND is a dumpster fire. You got whitewashed by Spartina. Did you forget they scored 36 consecutive pts against the Irish in South bend. Kelly won't survive 2017. You're staring at another 4-5 loss season (best case). Defections will ensue. Recruiting will suffer and a new HC will be left to mop up the mess. And most of the wise posters on this board know it.

Yes, I remember 0-31, just like I remember 38-0, 38-0. Those days are long gone. Your road is about to get even bumpier. Book it.
The Irish will stomp Coach Booger and the Meatchickens.
Nice punt formation and execution against Sparty!
He will leave Michigan a mess like he did the 49 ers.

Reactions: IRISHJD98

Oh Wolvie, I doubt that you're a soothsayer. I'm sure you're hoping that the Irish season will be a dumpster fire but at this point no one knows. One blessing that would be if the Irish came out firing on all cylinders in September, we'll be reading less of your arrogant asinine posts.

No Alice, I'm not a soothsayer....it doesn't take a soothsayer. Just look at Kelly's record at ND:

2010 - 5 losses
2011 - 5 losses
2013 - 4 losses
2014 - 5 losses
2015 - 3 losses
2016 - 8 (I repeat 8) losses

Pretty clear 2012 was an anomaly. Like most fans of opposing teams, I'm hoping you guys only lose 3 to 4 games this year and Kelly keeps his job. But it's obvious the guy has lost his team and fans. 2017 is shaping up to be yet another 5 loss season. Doesn't take a soothsayer....

Don't forget Zero for Bo! Have a nice day!
No Alice, I'm not a soothsayer....it doesn't take a soothsayer. Just look at Kelly's record at ND:

2010 - 5 losses
2011 - 5 losses
2013 - 4 losses
2014 - 5 losses
2015 - 3 losses

Pretty clear 2012 was an anomaly. Like most fans of opposing teams, I'm hoping you guys only lose 3 to 4 games this year and Kelly keeps his job. But it's obvious the guy has lost his team and fans. 2017 is shaping up to be yet another 5 loss season. Doesn't take a soothsayer....

THE GREATEST
UPSET OF THEM ALL

header.jpg

Soothsaying chest thumping aside, reports from Michigan's game aren't very favorable for their QB situation or their OL.

From CBS:
Michigan
"There is a limit to Jim Harbaugh's power. Michigan's spring game was shown on a tape-delayed basis because Ohio State's was shown live. That only tape-delayed the disappointment in Wilton Speight. Michigan's quarterback completed only 9 of 26 against a quality defense. Harbaugh says Speight is the starter, so he'll have to do a lot to lose the job."

Reactions: irishalice

2010 - 5 losses
2011 - 5 losses
2013 - 4 losses
2014 - 5 losses
2015 - 3 losses

Obvious? Are you on the team, related to someone on the team, or coaching staff?

Don't think it will be deep into the season till we know how the new coaching staff and Kelly will fare in 2017. I'm a glass half-full person and hope to see you eat your posts, Wolvie Boy.

Why do Michigan fans bring up the scores of the 2003 and 2007 games? Good grief, how sad to have to bring up games from a decade ago to counter the score of the last time the two teams.
played (2014).

I know Coach Kelly is known for his temper but I look at Harbaugh as being an unpredictable character too (past history). So do you worry that Jimmy will go all Woody Hayes if OSU keeps the conference championship out of reach?
.......not that he would hit anyone but just go beyond the acceptable bonkers?

Bo Accomplishments

• 21 seasons as UM head coach
  • 0 National Championships
  • 0 Heisman Winners
  • 13 Conference Titles in the shit Big 10
  • 5-12 overall Bowl Record including an abysmal 2-8 in the Rose Bowl
  • Teams finished the season ranked 20 of 21 seaons
  • 52% Win% Against Ohio State (11-9-1)
  • Only a legend in Michigan!

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Pretty funny to complain about Michigan fans referencing past scores in same thread an ND guy (or girl) references Bo and another references App State. Talk about ancient history!

At end of day here are 3 truths: 1) UM clearly on rise, 2) ND clearly in decline and 3) 24-17-1.

Buh bye for now.

Pretty funny to complain about Michigan fans referencing past scores in same thread an ND guy (or girl) references Bo and another references App State. Talk about ancient history!

At end of day here are 3 truths: 1) UM clearly on rise, 2) ND clearly in decline and 3) 24-17-1.

Buh bye for now.

Only truth is you are truly irrelevant......enjoy Walmart! Lols

Yikes!

Reactions: TOMMY_23

Buh bye for now.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/news_2016_0224_top_five_college_football_upsets_of_all_time.html

Guess the Appy St. loss is brought up because it still tops all-time upset lists? :D

Bo because of the Jimmy connection.

I don't put much stock into series records so there's no sting in 27-17-1. ~laughing at Wolvie Boy~ The Irish win next year at home that's 18.

If Michigan loses four this season, will they still be on the rise?

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 1596

Buh bye for now.

What moron would complain about ND fans bringing up Bo, and in the same post, reference games played in the 1800's? Must be a true Michigan imbecile.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/news_2016_0224_top_five_college_football_upsets_of_all_time.html

Guess the Appy St. loss is brought up because it still tops all-time upset lists? :D

Bo because of the Jimmy connection.

I don't put much stock into series records so there's no sting in 27-17-1. ~laughing a Wolvie Boy~ The Irish win next year at home that's 18.

If Michigan loses four this season, will they still be on the rise?
If we lose 4 this season we would match one of Kelly's better seasons in South Bend while it being JH's worst in A2...not flaming...just stating a fact

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT