ADVERTISEMENT

Visiting for Miami game, any sage advice?

Dec 7, 2015
I just got word that my employer is sending me to the ND-Miami game for some business, but not going to set up accommodations or tickets. Any advice on lodgings at this point? Based on some searches, it looks pretty dire already. I'm guessing StubHub is a good place for tickets?

South bend, Elkhart, goshen for a room, there should be some available. Personally I prefer to sty in Chicago and drive in on Saturday but sounds like you need to be in south bend area longer?
If you are 1 or 2 people I would buy tickets from a scalper on game day I'd be surprised if you paid more than face value ... Stubhub in advance you will get killed but you will have tix in hand.
Other than a handful of games when ND and opponent were highly ranked I've always seen plenty of tix avalailable and even had to basically give away a pair for one season opener vs USF

South bend, Elkhart, goshen for a room, there should be some available. Personally I prefer to sty in Chicago and drive in on Saturday but sounds like you need to be in south bend area longer?
If you are 1 or 2 people I would buy tickets from a scalper on game day I'd be surprised if you paid more than face value ... Stubhub in advance you will get killed but you will have tix in hand.
Other than a handful of games when ND and opponent were highly ranked I've always seen plenty of tix avalailable and even had to basically give away a pair for one season opener vs USF

Thanks for the advice. I will look in Elkhart and Goshen. Is it easy to park near the stadium on gameday or is it a nightmare?

Re scalpers, do the police push them off campus or can I reliably look right around the stadium?

You will def be able to scalp tix on game day just be patient and don't over spend early because the scalper prices will come down within an hour of game time. I've always stayed in New Buffalo MI, for ND weekends. It's about 30 minutes from South Bend and there are a few hotels that are reasonably priced. Go Irish!!! Beat Sparty!!!

Thanks for the advice. I will look in Elkhart and Goshen. Is it easy to park near the stadium on gameday or is it a nightmare?

Re scalpers, do the police push them off campus or can I reliably look right around the stadium?
Go to the Eddy St Commons where the Condos and restaurants are and there will be a ton of scalpers there. It is technically off campus but when I say it's just off the campus it's just off the campus. You can see the stadium from there and it's not even a 5 minute walk to the stadium.

I just got word that my employer is sending me to the ND-Miami game for some business, but not going to set up accommodations or tickets. Any advice on lodgings at this point? Based on some searches, it looks pretty dire already. I'm guessing StubHub is a good place for tickets?

Well, a/c Zika, please don't have 'relations' with any of the local woman.

If you cannot find tickets in South Bend come to Saint Joseph, MI. Like 40 min drive to campus but easy drive there and it's on the lake. It will be quite as it's not tourist season. All hotels downtown are nice but do NOT stay at the Silver Beach Hotel. As far as tickets, it should actually be pretty easy for the Miami game. Just go to the stadium an hour before the game, put up one finger and walk around. If you pay over 50 for good seats you're paying too much. Drive down early, tailgate, walk the campus. If you're in on Friday catch the pep rally, check out eddie street commons. Tour the basilica, maybe catch "trumpets under the dome".

I'm curious....your employer sent you to the game for business but didn't give you tickets or accommodations? What kind of business is it?

Wear a "jimmy johnson is a pig faced satan" t shirt.... you will drink for free all day...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT