ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech Concerns

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
i think some people wrote off The Hokies after the ODU debacle, injured QB.
At night Lane Stadium
One of Va Teches biggest games of the year. (Clemson the other).
Redemption game
Bud Foster coached D.

Va Tech is going to come to play!

That they will. Important for ND to play aggressive. Watched the second half of the OU-Tex game. TX went conservative late in the second half and almost blew it. Be aggressive, stay aggressive until the clock reads 0:00.

ND has way more talent, is firing on all cylinders with their newly found star QB, and has one of the best front 7s in college football.

ND is not bulletproof but i don't care how loud it is in blacksburg, this should be a stomp on part of ND. If it isn't, the program is going to lose a lot of momentum and BK is going to be on a very hot seat over the 2nd half of the season.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ND has way more talent, is firing on all cylinders with their newly found star QB, and has one of the best front 7s in college football.

ND is not bulletproof but i don't care how loud it is in blacksburg, this should be a stomp on part of ND. If it isn't, the program is going to lose a lot of momentum and BK is going to be on a very hot seat over the 2nd half of the season.
Pretty much the way I feel. Not too worried about this one, unless it's close at halftime might change my tune.

It's our classic disaster scenario. I won't breathe easy until the clock reads 00:00

Reactions: cancandodo
It's our classic disaster scenario. I won't breathe easy until the clock reads 00:00

I'm with you. The Michigan team that lost to Appalachian State beat us 38-0. I think we have more talent than Virginia Tech, but I don't expect the team that sleepwalked through its game against Old Dominion to be the team we play tonight.

I'm with you. The Michigan team that lost to Appalachian State beat us 38-0. I think we have more talent than Virginia Tech, but I don't expect the team that sleepwalked through its game against Old Dominion to be the team we play tonight.
? Yeah because that is so relevant to this season.

? Yeah because that is so relevant to this season.

Don't be an asshole. I just pointed out that just because a team lost in a once-in-a-century upset doesn't mean they won't show up against us. There were guys on this board who actually thought we would kick Michigan's ass that year.

Maybe 4 or 5 players would start for ND. Only 2 players would be locks. The talent and experience especially experience is not even close on both sides of the ball. Vtech has athletes on both sides but not studs. Nd needs to play tough disciplined focused football and the rest will take care of itself.

ran into a VT fan (t-shirt) at DD’s - he had a huge bag of doughnuts. I asked how he felt about the game. He said he binges after every loss!

I ordered a small black coffee.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgc7
Maybe 4 or 5 players would start for ND. Only 2 players would be locks. The talent and experience especially experience is not even close on both sides of the ball. Vtech has athletes on both sides but not studs. Nd needs to play tough disciplined focused football and the rest will take care of itself.

I wonder how many guys on Tulsa or South Florida or even Arizona State or Northwestern or Pitt or some of the other lesser teams that have beaten us could start for Notre Dame.

To be clear, I think we are a better team and should win, but I thought that last year against Miami too.

And none of it matters because I'm just another average fan -- maybe a bit more than average because I waste a lot of time on this board.

I must have missed the multiple years of sustained excellence or something to make people feel like ND has gotten back to the point on a talent/performance level where they just show up and are expected to win. You know the last time I felt that way? 1993.

I wonder how many guys on Tulsa or South Florida or even Arizona State or Northwestern or Pitt or some of the other lesser teams that have beaten us could start for Notre Dame.

To be clear, I think we are a better team and should win, but I thought that last year against Miami too.

And none of it matters because I'm just another average fan -- maybe a bit more than average because I waste a lot of time on this board.
You said you “think” Nd is more talented. That’s not even a discussion. Now, yes Nd could turn it over and play sloppy and lose, but it won’t be a talent issue. Nd has depth, talent, experience unlike any year under bk. Really since the early 90s holtz years. It’s college football anything can happen. But I think an ND blowout is as likely as an ND loss. Dline keeps dominating and book plays smart and distributes we will be fine.

Reactions: cancandodo
I must have missed the multiple years of sustained excellence or something to make people feel like ND has gotten back to the point on a talent/performance level where they just show up and are expected to win. You know the last time I felt that way? 1993.
No one feels that Nd can just show up and win, but the team has shown a lot of maturity this year to go a long with the Depth and talent. Nd can win running it, throwing it, or dominating on D. First year we could do that in a long time.

i think some people wrote off The Hokies after the ODU debacle, injured QB.
At night Lane Stadium
One of Va Teches biggest games of the year. (Clemson the other).
Redemption game
Bud Foster coached D.

Va Tech is going to come to play!
The unveiling of Frank Beamer statue an extra motivator

The unveiling of Frank Beamer statue an extra motivator
Motivation is overatted on game day. It’s if you can be motivated to focus on preparation the 6 days earlier. This game is 8pm nationally televised two ranked teams.

Motivation is overatted on game day. It’s if you can be motivated to focus on preparation the 6 days earlier. This game is 8pm nationally televised two ranked teams.
I'm not sure about that. I'm sure lou Holtz pre game/halftime talks made a difference

Reactions: rgc7
I'm not sure about that. I'm sure lou Holtz pre game/halftime talks made a difference
For the first play after maybe. It’s not a switch you can just turn off and on. You either prepare and are focused or not. Speeches are for the underdogs to give them confidence. I guarantee Kelly had a crazy speech at half time at Miami. That couldn’t fix the 6 days of poor preparation and focus earlier. Motivation helps the fans more than anything. Keeps them loud . Now coaching and motivation are huge after big games like after UM going into ball state.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT