ADVERTISEMENT

Ven-Allen Lubin - Former Notre Dame Basketball Player

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
I don't know if you all recall this young man. He played for the Irish basketball team this past year. I am watching the U-19 basketball World Cup and noticed that he is starting for team USA. I thought that he had a lot of potential and that he was the most talented player (Undergrad) that we had. Some would say JJ Starling, but I think that Ven-Allen was that dude. Does anyone know where he transferred to?

Go Irish!!!!

Reactions: francade
Looked to be a promising player, 6 pts 4 reb a game and suffered a few injuries … I appreciate what Brey did at ND, but his last few years were awful and his handling of the roster over the last 3 years was just terrible. I feel he could have done more to re-recruit the players with eligibility to stay at ND … he seemed to openly encourage them to shop around. I guess that’s Brey, the ultimate players coach. Now this kid is at Vandy instead he could have been starting and leading an exciting rebuild at ND. Shrewsbury has already injected some energy and optimism into the program and managed to pick up the pieces pretty quickly.

Don’t get why guys are so quick to transfer when there’s a coaching change. Especially in our case when the new guy is more exciting and seemingly fun to play for. Ven and JJ could be in good spots as starters here going into next season. I’m sure there’s more factors at play but still.

I liked him a lot. The minutes he got were productive. Thought he would be a good piece for the future. Too bad he left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT