ADVERTISEMENT

Vacated Wins

Toby Smart

All Star
Aug 28, 2002
Apparently, the administration isn't going to challenge the NCAA. When the NCAA made their judgement, I could have sworn that Jenkins was serious about a legal challenge.

Apparently, the administration isn't going to challenge the NCAA. When the NCAA made their judgement, I could have sworn that Jenkins was serious about a legal challenge.
Probably knows it’s a lost cause and would rather preserve the legal fees.

If ND and Jenkins refuse to take on the NCAA in this matter I'll be sorely disappointed in them.

Didn't PSU challenge the NCAA with legal action to get their wins back and the NCAA, being the slimy low down weasels that they are, caved?

Apparently people are a lot braver when the PA Taxpayer is footing the bill.

Maybe if ND said the the ‘tutor’s’ efforts were available to the entire studend body and no particular advantage was given the F5, then you have a similar argument as No. Carolina.

Reactions: tbonesays
Maybe if ND said the the ‘tutor’s’ efforts were available to the entire studend body and no particular advantage was given the F5, then you have a similar argument as No. Carolina.

It wasn't a tutor. It was an athletic trainer.

The only answer is to plot the overthrow of the NCAA. It starts by the creation of a voluntary organization that aims at achieving what the NCAA is supposed to do. Get 40-50 major schools to sign on and then inform the NCAA, "Sorry assholes, but we are leaving your organization." Then let the chips fall where they may.

I think some sort of legal challenge would be appropriate, and quite honestly, pretty easy to reverse the decision. The NCAA's ruling, their evidence and their procedures were weak. They went directly against their own precedent!

Some good lawyering on ND's part should be able to get the wins back.

Reactions: irishalice
ND has lawyers. What's the hold up? I would have pike ask Jack on their next lunch date, but he may forget to bring the subject up being that he would be thinking about getting get out of paying the tab the whole time.

Reactions: irishalice
ND has lawyers. What's the hold up? I would have pike ask Jack on their next lunch date, but he may forget to bring the subject up being that he would be thinking about getting get out of paying the tab the whole time.

When Jack, Brian, Pike and I dine, Pike always picks up the tab.

I think some sort of legal challenge would be appropriate, and quite honestly, pretty easy to reverse the decision. The NCAA's ruling, their evidence and their procedures were weak. They went directly against their own precedent!

Some good lawyering on ND's part should be able to get the wins back.
Would have to be a new precedent. The Court doesn't care about vacated wins nor do I.

ND self reported and admitted guilt, the other programs were caught and fought back.

Lesson, do not collect evidence and plead guilty, let the NCAA fight you on all charges

Reactions: justified1
Would have to be a new precedent. The Court doesn't care about vacated wins nor do I.
You may not care but much of Irish nation does, including me. Jenkins talked at the time liked he cared but apparently, that has cooled.

My thoughts are that this is more than vacated games, it's about the whole stinking process that in coming clean and taking care of business the NCAA then uses the hammer.

Couldn't all of this been dealt with in-house with no NCAA involvement?

Seems to me that this was a mess from the moment the news broke that ND had a cheating scandal. I remember it being reported as massive cheating instead of only five players.
There was an overreach by ND to do the right thing and they're paying for it.

...and five players is five too many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT