ADVERTISEMENT

UA all-america game on now

Chris Tyree, Pyne are playing for our irish along with Jordan Johnson. game on espn2
Jordan Johnson is not in this game. He will be playing Saturday in the All-American game which will be broadcast on NBC.

Long snapper Alex Peitsch is the 3rd Irish player that will be playing in the UA game.

Was that kid rehearsing his commitment to his mom( holding a fake microphone and all?)
LOL!!!

Jordan Johnson is not in this game. He will be playing Saturday in the All-American game which will be broadcast on NBC.

Long snapper Alex Peitsch is the 3rd Irish player that will be playing in the UA game.
I think you are right. don't if TE Mayer is here or in the other one

Taped it. Nice TD pass by Pyne (his first pass of the game) -- to Flemming (#1 ESPN.) Of course that is all they talk about -- Flemming -- even thought the first half, the other QBs didn't hit a pass over ten yards. The OSU kid looks good too. Morris. EJ Smith looks good. Why didn't ND go after him?

Pyne was like 5-5 with a TD and nearly ran in a second. Reminds me of Book. Sees the field and gets the ball out quickly.

Pyne was like 5-5 with a TD and nearly ran in a second. Reminds me of Book. Sees the field and gets the ball out quickly.

EJ Smith is a really good player. The type of guy ND would have been hard after (and might have landed) if they were taling more than one running back this year. When Tyree committed they decided to only take one guy this cycle, however. They're tight for scholarships and are set to return...

Jafar Armstrong
Avery Davis
Jahmir Smith
C'Bo Flemister
Kyren Williams
Chris Tyree

6 scholarship backs is about as many you wb
want with an 85 scholarship limit. ND's problem isn't numbers, it's talent. They also had an issue with poor recruiting under their previous RB coach, and having guys that should be upper classmen now getting kicked out, which forced them to reach for guys that shouldn't really be at ND.

Keep in mind that ND's RB room should look like this going into 2020...

SR: CJ Holmes
JR: Markese Stepp
SOPH: Kyren Williams
FR: Chris Tyree

Had things worked out differently ND's RB room would be significantly better than it is now.

Reactions: LH24ND
EJ Smith is a really good player. The type of guy ND would have been hard after (and might have landed) if they were taling more than one running back this year. When Tyree committed they decided to only take one guy this cycle, however. They're tight for scholarships and are set to return...

Jafar Armstrong
Avery Davis
Jahmir Smith
C'Bo Flemister
Kyren Williams
Chris Tyree

want with an 85 scholarship limit. ND's problem isn't numbers, it's talent. They also had an issue with poor recruiting under their previous RB coach, and having guys that should be upper classmen now getting kicked out, which forced them to reach for guys that shouldn't really be at ND.

Had things worked out differently ND's RB room would be significantly better than it is now.
We defintely miss Stepp. Holmes meh

We defintely miss Stepp. Holmes meh

Hard to really say what we had in Holmes. He never gave himself a chance to show what he could do.

That said, Denson was a terrible recruiter. Kelly politely shows him the door and in year one Lance Taylor lands a 5 star RB in Chris Tyree. Heading into year 2 ND likely leads for another 5 star RB, Will Shipley...

What a difference between those two guys as recruiters.

Hard to really say what we had in Holmes. He never gave himself a chance to show what he could do.

That said, Denson was a terrible recruiter. Kelly politely shows him the door and in year one Lance Taylor lands a 5 star RB in Chris Tyree. Heading into year 2 ND likely leads for another 5 star RB, Will Shipley...

It would appear than that ND is going to have to eventually break out their checkbook to keep Lance Taylor or somebody else will and not in the too far near future. Tony Alford all over again

He was by far the best QB on his team and likely in the game. He was given 3 drives and led his team to scores on all 3 drives. His team only scored one other time. This is what the box score looked like:

Here was his TD pass:

And here he is handing off to Tyree at the goal line for a TD:

Tyree got the start at RB but they didn't feed him the ball much. It was good to see him get the TD. He also returned punts so that should be interesting if he gets in the mix for PR this fall.

Psu moved Holmes to safety. But they have a ton of good backs

What happened to Deon McIntosh? He's at Washington State now? He was also in that group.

Team Savage should’ve given Pyne that last drive. He rushed on a few early throws, but settled down nicely. As soon as they put in that other kid for the potential game winning drive. I knew it was over. Pyne was the only QB they had that played well. In fact, he looked like the best QB for both teams. Disappointed they didn’t get Tyree at least a couple more carries too.

Jafar Armstrong
Avery Davis
Jahmir Smith
C'Bo Flemister
Kyren Williams
Chris Tyree

Have you heard anything about Kyren development this season? Maybe how he has looked behind the scenes? Is there talk that he is ready to take the lead role next season?

Have you heard anything about Kyren development this season? Maybe how he has looked behind the scenes? Is there talk that he is ready to take the lead role next season?

I've heard nothing other than that he was overwhelmed this year and that all the roles of a RB at ND were a little big for him as a freshman and, also, that he needs some major time in the weight room to work on his body. Otherwise, all is quiet on that front.

It's not great. But it's Book like and he has a quick release
So if Kelly is our coach, Pyne’s Our guy!

Also, his ratings are way higher than Books. He had an offer from Bama as a sophomore.

Makes me wonder if after that game the scouts would’ve made him a 5 star. He clearly played really well against elite competition and better than many that are rated higher. I again see this as a slight towards him due to height. This is a common mistake amongst scouts. If he were two inches taller and played worse he’d be a 5 star all day.

Won’t surprise me if Pyne is the new Book (but better) and Buchner ends up a PJ.

Last edited:
So if Kelly is our coach, Pyne’s Our guy!

Also, his ratings are way higher than Books. He had an offer from Bama as a sophomore.

Makes me wonder if after that game the scouts would’ve made him a 5 star. He clearly played really well against elite competition and better than many that are rated higher. I again see this as a slight towards him due to height. This is a common mistake amongst scouts. If he were two inches taller and played worse he’d be a 5 star all day.

Won’t surprise me if Pyne is the new Book (but better) and Buchner ends up a PJ.
Height and arm strength are why he not rated higher. He also needs to add some pounds. He would never be a 5 star

Id be shocked if Pyne beat out Buchner if both are healthy

Height and arm strength are why he not rated higher. He also needs to add some pounds. He would never be a 5 star

Id be shocked if Pyne beat out Buchner if both are healthy
More shocked than Book beating out PJ? I don’t even know if I’d call it that since there was never even a competition. Why was PJ ranked higher than a much better qb in Book? Height and arm strength. Two things that are meaningless when it comes to winning games.

He’s also at the tippy top of 4 stars so it wouldn’t take that much to push him over the top.

More shocked than Book beating out PJ? I don’t even know if I’d call it that since there was never even a competition. Why was PJ ranked higher than a much better qb in Book? Height and arm strength. Two things that are meaningless when it comes to winning games.
They arent meaningless. That is not true.

And Book had a 2 year gap on PJ. Pyne only has a 1 year gap on Buchner. Thats a big difference. Phil didnt enroll early as well which hurt him. Buchner plans to enroll early. Also, I believe Buchner was more talented than Phil. Obviously this is my opinion. I feel Buchner was a much better prospect than Phil was

Reactions: NotreDame du Lac
They arent meaningless. That is not true.

And Book had a 2 year gap on PJ. Pyne only has a 1 year gap on Buchner. Thats a big difference. Phil didnt enroll early as well which hurt him. Buchner plans to enroll early. Also, I believe Buchner was more talented than Phil. Obviously this is my opinion. I feel Buchner was a much better prospect than Phil was
Pyne and Buchner are also likely to be competing for an open job, not trying to beat out a returning starter.

Reactions: Golson5
I've heard nothing other than that he was overwhelmed this year and that all the roles of a RB at ND were a little big for him as a freshman and, also, that he needs some major time in the weight room to work on his body. Otherwise, all is quiet on that front.

My initial take/hope on TJ unexpected early exit was maybe he saw himself losing touches/starting role to younger players.

Its really hard to feel good about the running back position next year based on what we have seen of those who have played in games. If Williams and Tyree do not emerge we could be watching Air Raid type of play call balance next season again. Those other guys just don’t have it.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I'm curious about something.....

What insurance company committed to a policy during the game allowing the wearing of dark visors?

These kids are several years removed from professional...and while they might technically be adults they are in fact committed to schools as amateurs.

For those that don't know the dark visor was banned at the amateur level for safety issues of seeing the eyes of a player after a huge hit.

I know this game isn't an official high school game or college game but I'd certainly think given all the players are bound for some college destination it would fall under a certain rules umbrella. The college rule is almost identical to the high school rule on this.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I'm curious about something.....

What insurance company committed to a policy during the game allowing the wearing of dark visors?

These kids are several years removed from professional...and while they might technically be adults they are in fact committed to schools as amateurs.

For those that don't know the dark visor was banned at the amateur level for safety issues of seeing the eyes of a player after a huge hit.

I know this game isn't an official high school game or college game but I'd certainly think given all the players are bound for some college destination it would fall under a certain rules umbrella. The college rule is almost identical to the high school rule on this.

Probably the branch of under armour that will protect your house

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT