ADVERTISEMENT

Torico & Brees out; Garrett & Collinsworth Jr in.

I guess I'm in the minority . Jac seems like a great guy but I'm not sure about him making the jump to announcer

Reactions: mirer03
I hear you. I’m willing to give Jac a chance, but disappointed to lose Torico.
It was inevitable that when the Sunday night NFL job opened up, Tirico would be moving on to that. I like Jac, although he's obviously not very experienced. Hope he and Garrett do a great job.

Reactions: Holycrossover3
This is brutal. Another reason why I hope we switch to cbs.

They treat us like the minor leagues with these announcers. Flutie, Brees, Collinsworth, Garrett really nbc that's the best you can do
To Gary Danielson?

Reactions: sluggo69

They treat us like the minor leagues with these announcers. Flutie, Brees, Collinsworth, Garrett really nbc that's the best you can do

If you switch to CBS, every home game will either be a noon or evening start.

I'm not a fan but hes way better than Garrett. Cbs has a lot of people they can get to do the games
I've never heard Garrett call a game. But he'd have to be really bad to be worse than Danielson. Danielson has become an SEC (especially Alabama) homer after doing their games all these years.

Reactions: francade
I'll give it a shot. Cant say I'm overly excited but it's worth trying.

They finally have a Notre Dame man in the booth.

NBC has never wanted these games to be that homerish. I've not seen anything that indicates the level of input ND has in hiring announcers. can't be much when one looks back on the previous booths

I dont care. And theres always wiggle room

No on the wiggle room. CBS paid the Big Ten for a specific time slot. I don't see CBS paying that much money and then skipping a couple of weeks of Big Ten games. NBC will be Big Ten in prime time and CBS will be the 3:30 slot.

There's always Amazon Prime.

NBC has never wanted these games to be that homerish. I've not seen anything that indicates the level of input ND has in hiring announcers. can't be much when one looks back on the previous booths

I believe the feeling is having homer broadcasters, like we have with radio, is considered bush league on network TV. CBS came closest to having homer announcers when it had an SEC vs non-SEC team; which was pretty damned annoying from my perspective.

No on the wiggle room. CBS paid the Big Ten for a specific time slot. I don't see CBS paying that much money and then skipping a couple of weeks of Big Ten games. NBC will be Big Ten in prime time and CBS will be the 3:30 slot.

There's always Amazon Prime.
Always is

NBC must really feel they're overpaying for ND football when you consider the announcing teams they always come up with. It's like the Fox "C" team for their NFL weekends. They probably told Tirico "Don't worry Mike, you won't be on this job for long" when they presented it to him.

Looks like Sluggo will be muting the telly and listening to tunes.

“CBS came closest to having homer announcers when it had an SEC vs non-SEC team; which was pretty damned annoying from my perspective.”

CBS has the biggest homer in the profession when it comes to Danielson & the SEC. And yes, it’s as annoying as it gets.

Reactions: Golson5
Completely agree
It’s a shame right? I’ll be honest, I haven’t liked NBC broadcast of Notre Dame football in a long, long time. It always seems flat and kind of boring. It’s like they’re doing a golf match.

I have three close friends that share my passion for Notre Dame football and we’re in a group text thread together. Not a single one of us likes NBC or has for a long time.

It’s a shame right? I’ll be honest, I haven’t liked NBC broadcast of Notre Dame football in a long, long time. It always seems flat and kind of boring. It’s like they’re doing a golf match.

I have three close friends that share my passion for Notre Dame football and we’re in a group text thread together. Not a single one of us likes NBC or has for a long time.
They treat Notre Dame like its not important to them

What a joke. Garret is boring and dry as they come. Jac is riding daddy's coat tails. In fact I cant stand Chris C., quite an annoying announcer. These are terrible hires

Seems like you would give the best for a team your paying 70ml for only home games.

I like Jack and believe he will be a good play by play but it does feel like ND is getting the scraps. Pretty low budget if you ask me.

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT