ADVERTISEMENT

Time to stop calling Faison a Lacrosse player

IrishExpert2288

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 10, 2023
That young man is a football player. He has “it”. That intangible that’s hard to describe, but easy to see. Energy, juice, pop, unafraid, quick twitch explosion, catches the ball with strength and runs after with a purpose.

Even the way he fielded those punts back there yesterday, effortlessly smooth and confidently. Love this kid. Have fun Denbrock he is only a Freshman!

That young man is a football player. He has “it”. That intangible that’s hard to describe, but easy to see. Energy, juice, pop, unafraid, quick twitch explosion, catches the ball with strength and runs after with a purpose.

Even the way he fielded those punts back there yesterday, effortlessly smooth and confidently. Love this kid. Have fun Denbrock he is only a Freshman!
Yep, he’s a great athlete and I wish him well in both sports and in his studies

Yep, he’s a great athlete and I wish him well in both sports and in his studies

I agree, but there was this narrative, like he was some kind of Rudy, 2 star walk on, overachieving lacrosse player, in a room of underachieving 4 star players.

The kid is a full blown football player and playmaker.

Reactions: d1042
I agree, but there was this narrative, like he was some kind of Rudy, 2 star walk on, overachieving lacrosse player, in a room of underachieving 4 star players.

The kid is a full blown football player and playmaker.
Don’t want to hear another announcer refer to him as a walk on lacrosse player. In fact, hope to never hear yesterday’s CBS telecast announcers ever again. Pathetic preparation on their part, and can’t recall ever hearing the play by play announcer make so many obvious mistakes.

Don’t want to hear another announcer refer to him as a walk on lacrosse player. In fact, hope to never hear yesterday’s CBS telecast announcers ever again. Pathetic preparation on their part, and can’t recall ever hearing the play by play announcer make so many obvious mistakes.
Especially when Danielson stated that J.Love didn't have much speed!

I completely agree. Watching him play, it feels like he’s played WR his entire career. He has exceptional agility, can make rapid change of direction moves with and without the ball, and shows quick acceleration off the line of scrimmage AND the “energy, juice, unafraid” once he gets the ball. Every time I’ve seen him, he shows short-area burst, and is difficult to tackle in space as he’s moving forward with purpose as you said.

He also shows strong route-running precision, looks to have reliable hands, and shows the ability to create separation while demonstrating an understanding of defensive coverages and the knack for finding soft spots in the defense. Having played QB in high school gives him a feel for reading defenses. He looks like a player who could eventually play slot receiver in the NFL.

Last edited:
Especially when Danielson stated that J.Love didn't have much speed!
Yep…no speed and not very explosive! Or Jaydon Thomas is one of our tight ends! Or first down when it was three yards short! Or mistaking a run to the line of scrimmage as a run to the first down marker! Pathetic!

Reactions: tbone3114
NDs footballs last 2 Bowl Game MVPs are on the Lacrosse team!!

Hmmm, who was the other one? I know a few of our football players played lacrosse, but not many lately.

In the old days (ND didn't have an official LAX team), a lot of the teams from the northeast had their football players play LAX in the spring ... I remember Jim Brown, Dan Pastorini, and several others.

Hmmm, who was the other one? I know a few of our football players played lacrosse, but not many lately.

In the old days (ND didn't have an official LAX team), a lot of the teams from the northeast had their football players play LAX in the spring ... I remember Jim Brown, Dan Pastorini, and several others.

Tyler Buchner was the MVP of the Gator Bowl last year.

Faison just plays fast mean and explosive. Measurables be damned (in this case). He’s a tough competitive dude. Tobias never was. And we’ve had plenty of other freak show athletes who were, for lack of better term, soft. Soft people don’t succeed in the world, and certainly don’t succeed in sports. Faison is a dude and I’m pumped to see him get even better.

Maybe Saldate is similar: Tough (former wrestler) fast, shifty, competitive.

Yep…no speed and not very explosive! Or Jaydon Thomas is one of our tight ends! Or first down when it was three yards short! Or mistaking a run to the line of scrimmage as a run to the first down marker! Pathetic!
I did not hear the Love comment about speed, but I think he said Thomas was big enough to be tight end. I think Nessler missed three or four down and distance calls, which was a new one for me.

Faison just plays fast mean and explosive. Measurables be damned (in this case). He’s a tough competitive dude. Tobias never was. And we’ve had plenty of other freak show athletes who were, for lack of better term, soft. Soft people don’t succeed in the world, and certainly don’t succeed in sports. Faison is a dude and I’m pumped to see him get even better.

Maybe Saldate is similar: Tough (former wrestler) fast, shifty, competitive.

In my mind Jordan is an upgrade over Rico Flores. He's faster, shiftier, and much tougher. I am not sure who the better route runner is. Jordan isn't at all afraid to mix it up in the middle of the field, whereas I thought Rico got alligator arms a few times, or at least could have been more aggressive in going after the ball. I am sorry Rico decided to leave the program, but maybe it ended up working out for the better.

Reactions: IrishExpert2288
In my mind Jordan is an upgrade over Rico Flores. He's faster, shiftier, and much tougher. I am not sure who the better route runner is. Jordan isn't at all afraid to mix it up in the middle of the field, whereas I thought Rico got alligator arms a few times, or at least could have been more aggressive in going after the ball. I am sorry Rico decided to leave the program, but maybe it ended up working out for the better.
Different positions. Faison is a slot guy mostly. Flores is an outside guy mostly

Thomas Greathouse etc would be Flores' competition

The Tyree transfer opened up more for Faison

Faison is arguably the best WR on the team. Period.

Different positions. Faison is a slot guy mostly. Flores is an outside guy mostly

Thomas Greathouse etc would be Flores' competition

The Tyree transfer opened up more for Faison
Understand, and good points. I compared Rico and Jordan because they are comparable in size, with Rico being a little taller and heavier. But I agree that Tyree's departure opened up more playing time for Jordan in the slot position. He could really blossom there next year. Jordan may not have Tyree's top end speed, but he looks shiftier to me.

I guess so. He clearly is going to be one of our, or indeed our very best WR for next season. So that was a major score getting this lacrosse player who was also sort of a legit sleeper football prospect as well, and have him turn out to be this good.

Understand, and good points. I compared Rico and Jordan because they are comparable in size, with Rico being a little taller and heavier. But I agree that Tyree's departure opened up more playing time for Jordan in the slot position. He could really blossom there next year. Jordan may not have Tyree's top end speed, but he looks shiftier to me.
He's way shiftier and he's pretty damn fast too. Not Tyree but still fast

I know he came as a lacrosse guy and probably loves the sport but might not be the worst idea to focus full time on football? He could make an NFL roster if he keeps developing

Reactions: IrishMike409
I know he came as a lacrosse guy and probably loves the sport but might not be the worst idea to focus full time on football? He could make an NFL roster if he keeps developing
As good as Faison is at LAX, there is zero reason to quit lacrosse. He can easily train for both, and have plenty of time after LAX to prepare for football.

Yeah, I get that NFL slot WR, Welker, Amendola, Edelman, Hunter Renfrow, Cole Beasley vibe with the kid.

curious what his 40 time is

There was an article on ISD that said Jordan ran a self-reported 4.4 40 as a junior in HS. I'm not sure how much stock to put in that time, but there is no question he is fast. On the 55-yd completion from Angeli early in the Sun Bowl game he was caught from behind by the OSU DB, but the DB had an angle and Jordan looked like he might have slowed down slightly to make the catch, so that may not mean much. What I notice about Jordan is how explosive he is on cuts and how quickly he changes directions. He could be a really good player in the slot.

He was watching a different game than the rest of us. Time to play golf full time for GD.

Reactions: Telx1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT