ADVERTISEMENT

Tillery - Trumbetti

continually35 irish

Irish Insider
Aug 17, 2016
Tillery is a different guy this year ( gotten stronger and is more focused ) and has been moved from NG to DT . Trumbetti dropping those ten lbs will give him that split second more of quickness needed to pressure the QB . A tenth of a second in that area is the difference between a QB rush and a touchdown pass .

Also Trumbetti will be coming off the weakside so speed is big and plays to his strength .

I believe that the evolution of these two players is the difference between ND making the playoff or not making the playoff .

Rochell - Cage D & J Hayes will all help and Jones is a pro .. If ND can get high level production from Tillery and Trumbetti that will position ND to win every game on their schedule .

Continually, been saying much the same about the importance of these two. Thought Tillery would be a star, and then started reading about all his outside interests, and questioned whether he has the focus and commitment needed to excel at this level. The little I've read about him this year suggests he is maturing in this regard, and if that is the case, he'll be a difference maker. I thought Trumbetti played exceptionally well for a freshman, and expected him to be a force by his Junior year, but then they moved him out of necessity to strong side defensive end last year, and his drop off was noticeable. The move back to WDE is huge in my opinion. He has a great motor, but interesting to read Kelly comments in the past about his inconsistency, largely due to over questioning himself. I expect both these guys to have big games against Texas and hopefully that will set the foundation for the season.

Tillery is a different guy this year ( gotten stronger and is more focused ) and has been moved from NG to DT . Trumbetti dropping those ten lbs will give him that split second more of quickness needed to pressure the QB . A tenth of a second in that area is the difference between a QB rush and a touchdown pass .

Also Trumbetti will be coming off the weakside so speed is big and plays to his strength .

I believe that the evolution of these two players is the difference between ND making the playoff or not making the playoff .

Rochell - Cage D & J Hayes will all help and Jones is a pro .. If ND can get high level production from Tillery and Trumbetti that will position ND to win every game on their schedule .
For once you make sense. Good post.

Agreed, and Morgan will have a great year if they do.

Morgan is a kick ass MF , in interviews he just has this look like just wait and see ..

I like that Martini with great confidence said the LB corp will be better on the whole than last yrs group . I think the front seven might really surprise a lot of people .

Morgan is a kick ass MF , in interviews he just has this look like just wait and see ..

I like that Martini with great confidence said the LB corp will be better on the whole than last yrs group . I think the front seven might really surprise a lot of people .
I am sure Morgan really appreciates being called a sick ass MF. Come on...be better than that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT