ADVERTISEMENT

Tillery concussion?

Is this a second concussion or the same one from weeks ago?

Its good Tillery has a concussion and he is out for the spring game?? Am i reading this right? Resting a player and sitting a player for a concussion are 2 different worlds.

This is Tillery's contract year. I am sure he knows what is at stake as does the staff. The Staff does not seem concerned. If he isn't fully engaged in Camp Balis, I will start to worry. I think 3T is easier to play than 1T. I think he played 3T in 2015 and 2016.

It is nice to have depth. MTA, MDT and Ademilola at 3T. I am not as excited about 1T. I have not seen much mention of Bonner and Hinish only on occassion. Same with Ewell. I wonder if Franklin might slip into the rotation for 10 plays a game.

This is Tillery's contract year. I am sure he knows what is at stake as does the staff. The Staff does not seem concerned. If he isn't fully engaged in Camp Balis, I will start to worry. I think 3T is easier to play than 1T. I think he played 3T in 2015 and 2016.

It is nice to have depth. MTA, MDT and Ademilola at 3T. I am not as excited about 1T. I have not seen much mention of Bonner and Hinish only on occassion. Same with Ewell. I wonder if Franklin might slip into the rotation for 10 plays a game.

Bonner has a broken/injured hand, which is why you haven't heard much from him this spring.

However, the reports on Hinish have been really positive. Sounds like he could end up as Co-Start at NT, even though Bonner is a 5th Year and a really solid player.

Ewell has a ways to go technically and needs to make strides in conditioning, but he still has major upside as he develops.

Bonner has a broken/injured hand, which is why you haven't heard much from him this spring.

However, the reports on Hinish have been really positive. Sounds like he could end up as Co-Start at NT, even though Bonner is a 5th Year and a really solid player.

Ewell has a ways to go technically and needs to make strides in conditioning, but he still has major upside as he develops.

maybe by fall practice, Ewell will be in better condition.
do you see him getting much PT

How the hell did Ewell get so out of shape? He couldn't even get through the stretches his first fall camp reportedly. He was a swimmer in high school and I think a wrestler as well and built like a brick sh*t house. I really hope he develops.... 5 star potential

maybe by fall practice, Ewell will be in better condition.
do you see him getting much PT
How the hell did Ewell get so out of shape? He couldn't even get through the stretches his first fall camp reportedly. He was a swimmer in high school and I think a wrestler as well and built like a brick sh*t house. I really hope he develops.... 5 star potential

Ewell had next to no coaching in high school, which is the standard for the area that he's from. It just is the way it is. He could dominate his high school competition with raw strength and quickness.

So he's had to complete reshape his body, build conditioning from the ground up, and basically learn to play the game from "scratch"

Based on reports, he may get some burn this year, but with Bonner and Hinish both being talented and more ready to play, he may not see meaningful minutes until 2019.

We'll see how things look in Fall Camp, but barring a major injury or 2 at DT, that's my current expectation level.

Still love Ewell's ceiling and potential, but it may take him a while to realize it.

Its good Tillery has a concussion and he is out for the spring game?? Am i reading this right? Resting a player and sitting a player for a concussion are 2 different worlds.

No, it is not good that he has a concussion (no one wants that) -- but it is good he can sit out the spring game -- he does not need to play regardless. Now he can simply focus on getting better and being ready for the fall.

Pretty sure this is the original concussion that happened a while ago. Just being conservative with Jerry. He doesn't need these spring reps.. .Just be ready in the fall.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT