ADVERTISEMENT

Tight Ends

hvillebill

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
I don’t put too much stock in first games, whether ND wind or loses. Normally you see the biggest changes from the first game to the second.

With that said, I hope Leonard learns to utilize the tight ends more. With a stable of Evans, Raridon and Flanagan he’s got some big targets. As they say, “A tight end is a QB’s best friend”.

Using the tight ends in the middle of the field will open up the perimeter for deeper passes, once the O-line gels and provides time for those plays.

I don’t put too much stock in first games, whether ND wind or loses. Normally you see the biggest changes from the first game to the second.

With that said, I hope Leonard learns to utilize the tight ends more. With a stable of Evans, Raridon and Flanagan he’s got some big targets. As they say, “A tight end is a QB’s best friend”.

Using the tight ends in the middle of the field will open up the perimeter for deeper passes, once the O-line gels and provides time for those plays.
Two off target throws to Devyn Ford, one in the endzone and the other deep in our own territory where all he had ahead of him was green grass. If he makes those throws we might have seen some breathing room in the first half.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Evans barely played

I think the game plan was 1, 2 and 3: Don’t turn the ball over.

That might have accounted for the lack of over the middle throws.

Two off target throws to Devyn Ford, one in the endzone and the other deep in our own territory where all he had ahead of him was green grass. If he makes those throws we might have seen some breathing room in the first half.
I agree the pass into the end zone was a bad throw, but I can't blame Leonard for failing to connect with Ford in the flat as he was under duress and off balance. But if he could have gotten a decent throw off there, it was a TD.

Last edited:
They were he,ping oline with blocking. Good strategy

How about Center blocking ? How was our Center's blocking ? LOL Would we score more points with better Center blocking ?

You're a comic strip character !

How about Center blocking ? How was our Center's blocking ? LOL Would we score more points with better Center blocking ?

You're a comic strip character !
Pretty darn good. I’m sure Craig’s blocking graded out well… Flanagan probably had the lowest grade on the team blocking … crushed us in a few short yardage situations

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT