ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Sales

Chitownrealist

Shakes Down The Thunder
Dec 27, 2006
I had four tickets to the game. Needed one more but decided based on all the chatter we would just go and maybe I pick one up for a song tailgating or walking around. Goose eggs. Not a soul with tickets outside the stadium and tons of people walking around with their fingers in the air. I ended up texting a friend who came with a couple extra, and worked out, but the sellout was strongly intact for that game. Fun team to watch. Obvious why Zaire left. Wimbush is the biggest threat we have seen at QB since Tony Rice.

I had four tickets to the game. Needed one more but decided based on all the chatter we would just go and maybe I pick one up for a song tailgating or walking around. Goose eggs. Not a soul with tickets outside the stadium and tons of people walking around with their fingers in the air. I ended up texting a friend who came with a couple extra, and worked out, but the sellout was strongly intact for that game. Fun team to watch. Obvious why Zaire left. Wimbush is the biggest threat we have seen at QB since Tony Rice.
You're talking the Temple game? I picked one up for 15 bucks. But it was section 6 the lower bowl and I don't really like being on the field so I sold it for 15, then got another in section 112 for 20. I saw quite a few empty seats also.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Where and when did y get a seat for 15 bucks yesterday? It was not within .5 miles of the stadium before the game. How many people did you see walking around at 3 PM holding their hands up looking for seats. I think the ticket availability thing got over played and a lot of people ended up going thinking they could find them easy. That was not the case.

There were lot of empty seats in my section I work. I have never seen anything like that before. That was not a sell out.

From my section in the lower bowl NW corner by the band, it looked like all seats were full, but, maybe it was just an optical illusion.

The stadium looked full from my luxury seat in Kentucky. Official sellout is now 78,000 according to UND.com

Reactions: Bodizephax
There seems to be an intentional gap between the back of the band and the front of the freshmen. That looked a bit odd.

I have to say I went Golfing instead of going to the game...The 4-8 swayed me to golf, drink with my good friends, and use the bathroom when needed.

A game is a sell out when all the tickets are sold. When people don't attend the game many return the tickets and the box office sells them again.

Empty seats certainly does not mean the seat wasn't sold.

Where and when did y get a seat for 15 bucks yesterday? It was not within .5 miles of the stadium before the game. How many people did you see walking around at 3 PM holding their hands up looking for seats. I think the ticket availability thing got over played and a lot of people ended up going thinking they could find them easy. That was not the case.
I was just outside the stadium. I got there about 315. Bought, sold, and bought another ticket and was in my seat before kickoff. I've done this every year and have not had a problem, except big games. I'll try next week but I'm guessing I won't get one.

The stadium looked full from my luxury seat in Kentucky. Official sellout is now 78,000 according to UND.com
Intresting, that's 2,000 less than capacity. That's one way to maintain the sell out lol.

There were lot of empty seats in my section I work. I have never seen anything like that before. That was not a sell out.
Ya, it was pretty mellow all around the stadium for such a beautiful day and a home opener with the new stadium. Even the parking lots around the stadium that are normally full were not. I'm betting next week will be crazy though.

There will be thousands outside the gates unable to get tickets on Saturday. The UGA fans will buy up any ticket people are willing to sell.

Wow, I knew it was reduced but didn't know by that much!
Keep in mind, a lot of new deluxe seating options were created as part of this project that are not counted in the general attendance. So there won't be 3,000 less people watching the game in the stadium, there will just be people watching from previously unavailable locations. Us just keeping up with the times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT