ADVERTISEMENT

*** Thursday Night Demetris Robertson Update ***

Andrew Ivins

I've posted how many times?
Dec 16, 2014
1772gk.jpg

I just wanted to add some more of what I have heard following Notre Dame's visit with Savannah (Ga.) Christian School five-star athlete Demetris Robertson on Thursday. If you haven't read the update from UGASports.com, stop and do that right now. There's some telling quotes in there about where Robertson's recruitment stands and also his thoughts on Notre Dame rolling an equipment truck into town. The update also includes the latest planned visit schedule.

It's as follows ... Georgia Tech on Friday, Alabama on Sunday, and then Georgia the following Friday. That's three stops in seven days for Robertson. While that might not look like good news for the Irish with National Signing Day next Wednesday, we're told that Notre Dame is trying to "clear some things up" and get Robertson not to delay things. The Irish continue to feel good about where they stand in the recruitment – especially after Thursday's visit – and with Robertson already having pushed two trips to Alabama the thought is that his actions speak louder than his words, meaning it wouldn't be a surprise if he didn't see anymore schools and shut things down after the weekend.

Georgia appears to becoming more and more of a threat to Notre Dame in the recruitment, but based on upon what his brother and legal guardian, Carlos Robertson, told Blue & Gold Illustrated earlier this week and has said in the past, it's hard to see the Bulldogs being the pick. Still, this thing is far from over, and while there could be more twists ahead, the Irish have positioned themselves as the school to beat down the stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News