ADVERTISEMENT

This Year's Transfers

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Justin Brent 1 reception for 21 yards for 1-7 Nevada
Corey Holmes 1 reception for 7 yards for 3-4 Purdue
Malik Zaire 9-17, 106 yards, 5 sacks for 3-3 Florida

I believe Malik got his degree? Class kid. I wish them all the best. All four star recruits: #11, #19, #3 at their positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telx1 and TXNDFan88

You give up an ND degree for that? Although I believe Malik got his degree? Class kid. I wish them all the best. All four star recruits: #11, #19, #3 at their positions.
I think it is amazing someone sitting at a computer can understand each of these kids situation. There could be 100 reasons why they transferred..... we will never know. I wish them all luck and hope they do great.

I hate to see kids leave ND, but none of the above was going to see the field this time in anything other than garbage time (other than maybe Zaire against UNC). Wish them all the best.

Agree, It’s a really interesting observation. Good post Stu!
Interesting, yes.... but the "You gave up an ND degree for that?" is uncalled for in my opinion. No, they did not give up a shot at an ND degree to go underperform at some lessor college..... they decided not to pursue it anymore for a handful of reason.... which we will not ever know.

All 3 of these guys graduated from ND and then transferred. I don't know any of the details regarding Jalen Guyton's ND departure, but he's actually having a great season for North Texas:

Leads Conference USA in receiving yards (626), receiving yards per game (104.3) and receiving touchdowns (7). In those same categories, ranks ninth, 11th and third nationally.

You give up an ND degree for that? Although I believe Malik got his degree? Class kid. I wish them all the best. All four star recruits: #11, #19, #3 at their positions.

Yes, I believe Malik has his degree, as well as Holmes too (thought I read that somewhere)

Speaking of transfers... just looked at our 2013 class... complete misfit class

i take back the degree comment, went too far. you are right, didn't mean to slam these kids, only wish them the best... glad they got degrees
agree again. That wasn’t my focus when I read the post, it was the level of performance in relation to both star ranking and national position ranking.

With all due respect, these kids didn't KNOW what they were going to get at their new schools/teams as far as playing time, etc. They probably left because they wanted a CHANCE to play college ball. They weren't getting the chance (for whatever reason) at ND.

ND is not for everyone, and you can't blame someone for wanting to pursue their dreams.

As the old saying goes, "Hindsight is 20/20".

Interesting, yes.... but the "You gave up an ND degree for that?" is uncalled for in my opinion. No, they did not give up a shot at an ND degree to go underperform at some lessor college..... they decided not to pursue it anymore for a handful of reason.... which we will not ever know.
You don't know there were a handful of reasons. How about they were overtaken by ego and thought they could play elsewhere and make it to the bigs. None of us know so just jump off the snarky train and accept the original OP post for what it was--interesting info.

You don't know there were a handful of reasons. How about they were overtaken by ego and thought they could play elsewhere and make it to the bigs. None of us know so just jump off the snarky train and accept the original OP post for what it was--interesting info.
You are right I don't know...... What is ironic is that all of them had already gotten their degrees as someone later pointed out. So it looks like they didn't give up a ND degree for that! Thanks for the suggestion though Dougs Dad.

Speaking of transfers... just looked at our 2013 class... complete misfit class

You are a tough grader - 2 NFL first round picks, one that should have been J. Smith, and another 3 pros. Also had a ND Class President. Yes, the West Coast 5 stars fizzled, and Bryant is tragic, but if we could get 2 first rd draft picks out of each recruiting class we should be OK.

Reactions: tbonesays

You can't really blame Justin for his low reception total at Nevada. Here is a pic of Nevada's quarterback;

You are a tough grader - 2 NFL first round picks, one that should have been J. Smith, and another 3 pros. Also had a ND Class President. Yes, the West Coast 5 stars fizzled, and Bryant is tragic, but if we could get 2 first rd draft picks out of each recruiting class we should be OK.
I counted 14 guys who either transferred, stopped playing due to another reason (some of which are very positive reasons), or guys who signed on signing day but never made it to ND. One player is even suing the university as we speak. A tragic death (RIP GB). Just so many weird things happening with that class. Obviously there was some major successes, but just a strange class.

agree again. That wasn’t my focus when I read the post, it was the level of performance in relation to both star ranking and national position ranking.
I agree to agree. Don. TelX. Nemertes
Lovefest

Most transfers come down to playing time. Some are for academic or off field issues but most are simply lack of future playing time. Brent, Zaire, and Holmes were not going to play at ND. I'll be interested to watch the careers of Hoge and Brodeaux but my guess is neither ends up being a high draft pick. The O-Line at ND is great and also stacked for the future.

2018: Eichenberg-LT Kraemer-LG Mustipher-C Bars-RG Hainsey-RT (Back-ups Lugg, Banks, Ruhland)

2019: Eichenberg-LT Kraemer-LG Ruhland-C Banks-RG Hainsey-RT (Lugg could be RG also) (Back-ups Dirksen, Mabry, others)

No spots for Hoge or Brodeaux

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT