ADVERTISEMENT

This game shows Pyne should not be on scholarship at ND

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Pyne showed today he is not a top D1 QB.

All of you guys that kept posting about how great his QB rating is NEED TO STOP!!!!

I said for weeks it does not matter about stats. You can see in his performance he should not be on scholarship.

Stanford played man on the outside and loaded the box. They wanted Pyne to beat them.

The only fault I put on the coaches is WHY DID YOU OFFER PYNE A SCHOLARSHIP???

Please don’t come back with Alabama offered him. No way in the world he would start at Bama or even see the field at Bama. Alabama offered him when he was in 8th grade. He stopped growing in 9th grade. They did NOT want him his senior year.

All of you guys that kept posting about how great his QB rating is NEED TO STOP!!!!

I said for weeks it does not matter about stats. You can see in his performance he should not be on scholarship.

Stanford played man on the outside and loaded the box. They wanted Pyne to beat them.

Please don’t come back with Alabama offered him. No way in the world he would start at Bama or even see the field at Bama. Alabama offered him when he was in 8th grade. He stopped growing in 9th grade. They did NOT want him his senior year.
Come on man! He would be a perfect traditional leprechaun. Don’t tell me that guy doesn’t get a little scholarship money
espn corso GIF by College GameDay

He had a pretty terrible game. No doubt.

He did have a nice toss to Mayer that was called back and to Tobias late but he missed a wide open Lenzy, Tobias and Mayer a few times. I think Styles could have made a tough catch in the end zone on the one he missed but even that throw needed to be on the outside shoulder.

The secret formula to hold ND under 20 is out. 8 in the box, press coverage, safety on Mayer or double him. Our WR’s should destroy press. DP needs to believe in Lo or Tobias and eat that up. You have to push them back into zone or saftey’s over the top.

Our offense so far this year is really quite bad

Reactions: Zorich 88
He had a pretty terrible game. No doubt.

He did have a nice toss to Mayer that was called back and to Tobias late but he missed a wide open Lenzy, Tobias and Mayer a few times. I think Styles could have made a tough catch in the end zone on the one he missed but even that throw needed to be on the outside shoulder.

The secret formula to hold ND under 20 is out. 8 in the box, press coverage, safety on Mayer or double him. Our WR’s should destroy press. DP needs to believe in Lo or Tobias and eat that up. You have to push them back into zone or saftey’s over the top.

Our offense so far this year is really quite bad
Great points!

Pyne doesn’t make make any DC in the country nervous.

Anyone on this board that thought Pyne was the future of the ND success, STOP, just stop.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Do we see Angeli this week? If I’m MF I would force it. Your one play from DP going out and you have no one with a snap.

Even if you just rotate him in a few plays.

Everyone can have a bad game, he is 3-1 but the signs are there that he is not the guy so you have to put your team in a better position.

Freeman should not be on scholarship. What a colossal waste of money.

Freeman should not be on scholarship. What a colossal waste of money.

Ha. Now that is funny!!

Freeman knows the game. He can recruit. The players are high on him.

The question is can he learn? Kirby was a DC. No experiencea loaded team when he walked in.

Everyone wanted him fired after year one. He was 8-5. He also spent years under lord Saban and has much more experience.

He out recruited Mark Richt and turned it in a few years.

MF needs to grow quickly. Maybe TR is not the answer and he needs to make that call. Al Golden seems to be very good.

This team is in desperate need of a top 5 QB and some WR’s. I don’t know if that is Carr or someone in the portal. Maybe it’s Tommy but we are pathetic on O.

Reactions: IrishMike409

That's simply not the case. He is a fine backup for a single GameDay. The issue is there is no long term starter in the team other than Buchner. They have to get a good QB every year.

They simply have no where to go with Buchner out. Angeli is another solid single game QB, he was never projected as a starter.

Reactions: IrishBeer
That's simply not the case. He is a fine backup for a single GameDay. The issue is there is no long term starter in the team other than Buchner. They have to get a good QB every year.
The real problem is what real starter is going to tie themselves to Tommy Rees?

We are obviously deficient at the position, but how does it get better when the guys you need don't want anything to do with him?

Tommy needs lots of work. First and foremost thy need to introduce Payne and Tommy to other receivers. I believe ND has the horses they just need a qb and OC.

They simply have no where to go with Buchner out. Angeli is another solid single game QB, he was never projected as a starter.
You do not offer a full ride scholarship to come be your backup QB.

A scholarship QB will transfer if he is told you are now our permanent backup.

Agreed. I think he’s tough and gritty, but I truly believe having a better qb would make a bigger difference than any other change we could make, including coaching. There’s no way a qb that’s small, average at best speed, with below average arm strength should be starting for us.

Weren’t you and others high on him over the previous games ?

What were your alternative choices ?
Are you talking current roster or recruiting?

Current roster you really have no choice but to play Pyne. However, if he looks like he did against Stanford again, then the true freshman might play.

If your talking recruiting, I believe ND should have brought in a QB from the portal this season. The same way they brought in Jack last season.

one week: Heisman watch
next week lose your schol!

fans are cruel!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT