ADVERTISEMENT

The One Series

mmboys07

All Star
Oct 3, 2004
To me the one series that sums up everything wrong with the Kelly era came today after VT had kicked the field goal to go ahead 34-31. ND has plenty of time, but needs to drive down the field to set up the field goal; at a minimum. The first play from the 25 gets 6 yards. 2nd and four; I thought another run, perhaps a keeper with Kizer, or a short dump off. Just need to march down the field. Nope, a 15-20 yard pass play down the right side line into a wind. Nothing. 3rd down sees a swing pass to the right for nothing, when something was needed going forward. 2nd and 4 and can't get anything.

This is an excellent observation. Another poster noted that on one of the plays CJ Sanders was wide open down the middle. When Kelly coached at Cincy his hallmark was roll the QB out and go long in close end of game situations. We saw it with Fuller. They usually connected on something big. But this year the play calls seem senseless and random. I really think another problem series was when we had the ball on the goal line and Kizer in the shotgun fumbled. The entire season has been one head scratcher after another. I truly believe that ND should never have long term contracts for coaches ever again. I am really starting to wonder if these plays are being called by someone who wants to collect some easy money when he gets fired. I strongly believe his contract should be voided for willingly being incompetent if there is such a law.

This is an excellent observation. Another poster noted that on one of the plays CJ Sanders was wide open down the middle. When Kelly coached at Cincy his hallmark was roll the QB out and go long in close end of game situations. We saw it with Fuller. They usually connected on something big. But this year the play calls seem senseless and random. I really think another problem series was when we had the ball on the goal line and Kizer in the shotgun fumbled. The entire season has been one head scratcher after another. I truly believe that ND should never have long term contracts for coaches ever again. I am really starting to wonder if these plays are being called by someone who wants to collect some easy money when he gets fired. I strongly believe his contract should be voided for willingly being incompetent if there is such a law.
No. the series that defines Kelly is the second drive that ended in s fg instead of a td when we were on the 5 yard line and could not pinch it in
Kelly sucks as an offense coach

The big series was with ND up 7-0 on the half yard line 2nd and goal, and moron bk stays in shotgun. How can he be so fricking stupid. Get Kizer under the centers a$$ and sneak it in. No, screwed up shotgun snap and fg time. Unbelievable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT