ADVERTISEMENT

***The latest with 5-star ATH Demetris Robertson and Notre Dame***

Andrew Ivins

I've posted how many times?
Dec 16, 2014
og9ut4.jpg

I'm about to depart San Antonio but just wanted to update the latest I have heard regarding five-star athlete Demetris Robertson.

People keep asking if Notre Dame is really a contender for the No. 1 prospect in the state of Georgia, and to put it simply, the answer is yes and will continue to be that.

Robertson said this weekend that two schools are out in front.

"To be honest, I really like Notre Dame and Stanford," he said.

So why does he keep getting linked to Georgia? Well, that's a good question. I caught up with multiple people in his camp over the weekend and this is everything that I know to date.

– Robertson plans to take two or three official visits before Feb. 3's National Signing Day, and I'm getting the vibe that Georgia won't be one of those schools. The family feels that some of the local media has twisted his words and while they have interest in the Bulldogs, they feel like they have already seen enough of Athens. "We have been there plenty of times," one family member said. That means Stanford and Alabama are the likely official visit destinations with Georgia Tech still in play because of mom.

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly hasn't used his in-home visit on Robertson yet, and it looks like the Irish are saving that for the final week of the contact period. The family says that they have developed a strong relationship with area recruiter Scott Booker and noted that they also like associate head coach Mike Denbrock. What they also like about Notre Dame is the environment and the living situation where student athletes are paired with regular students.

– That brings us to Stanford. Robertson continues to list the Pac-12 school as a favorite, but it should be noted that he has yet to gain admission and has yet to visit campus. While there's a good chance that he will pass admissions, it's unclear at the time if he will see himself as a fit there. Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren is from North Florida (which is close to Savannah) and they said that's one of the reasons they like him.

So what does this all mean?

I came into the week thinking that Alabama was the team to beat for Robertson. I now don't think that's the case. I think Notre Dame is more than just a co-leader at this point in the recruitment, and if he had to sign today there's a very good chance he would end up in South Bend. Still, the Crimson Tide are a dark horse that he was once committed to and Stanford still has an official visit and David Shaw in-home visit to use.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News