ADVERTISEMENT

The last playmaking LB ND has was JOK.

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
Why haven't they been able to land playmakers for that position? People are still high on Marist and honestly I think he's overrated. He consistently gets lost in traffic, doesn't have that sense for the ball and isn't a sure tackler. Kizer and Bertrand really aren't any better. If ND is able to land one Payton Wilson type player/production a recruiting season, we wouldn't witness this crappy LB play.

Why haven't they been able to land playmakers for that position? People are still high on Marist and honestly I think he's overrated. He consistently gets lost in traffic, doesn't have that sense for the ball and isn't a sure tackler. Kizer and Bertrand really aren't any better. If ND is able to land one Payton Wilson type player/production a recruiting season, we wouldn't witness this crappy LB play.
Betrand is A+ against the run. Can’t cover for 3.5 seconds downfield though. A more disruptive pass rush would help him.

Marist is an arm tackler, he avoids the direct hits. He has had 1.5 games worthy of his hype, IMO. Sneed still green but gaining confidence. Frosh not ready

I was going to post this about Marist. Have you ever noticed he try’s to punch the ball out instead of wrap? He did that on the long Louisville run.

I like the intent but he has to learn to go across with that and wrap. Watch it again. It’s why his missed it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT