ADVERTISEMENT

Tevon Coney to start at WLB against Michigan State.

I've always liked Martini and thought he was really good against the run, but I really liked what we saw from Coney. He may not be as fast as Bilal for example, but we keep reading that he has great instincts for reading plays, etc... and that this makes up for lack of speed. Sure looked the part against Nevada. Hope he shows Saturday that he can play at a high level against a bigger and faster opponent. Martini will gets his reps as a substitute, and he will contribute.

Mantini is a nice backup at all of the linebacker positions.
Agreed, and that is saying a lot about his understanding of the defense and his abilities. Fortunate to have him in this role.

The only elite linebacker we have is Morgan. Everyone else is slightly above average. They look good against teams like Nevada but the big boys run all over them. We need a well known linebackers coach because linebacker is the weakest position on the team.

Coach Rob Freeman at PBG HS, good guy has Coney and Studstill starting for ND on Saturday.

Huh, there is a High School Coach in FL doing depth chart engineering with ND's roster and you are egging this behavior on and perhaps participating....

At 1-2 he probably should figure out what the heck he's doing with his own team.....

Dear Lord, what a bunch of social self-aggrandizing inconsequential misfits sitting around playing ND HC... .

PS You should never be around kids...ever...

Reactions: BGI User 1596
I've rewatched both games and Morgan is not even close to playing elite. He was bad against Texas and not that great against Nevada. He should be the one benched, not martini. Watch the tape again and get back to me. I hope he improves but I'm not sure what people are watching when they call him elite.

The only elite linebacker we have is Morgan. Everyone else is slightly above average. They look good against teams like Nevada but the big boys run all over them. We need a well known linebackers coach because linebacker is the weakest position on the team.
I'm not sure Morgan warrants "elite" status yet, but he's been a huge upgrade from the miserable season Schmidt had last year. Coney is a playmaker. He has pretty much the same number of tackles as Martini and more solo tackles, in a lot fewer snaps. He needs to play. And Onawalu, who was pretty much the invisible man last year, is playing much better. I like this threesome, I think by mid season they could be one of the better linebacker groups we've had recently.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Huh, there is a High School Coach in FL doing depth chart engineering with ND's roster and you are egging this behavior on and perhaps participating....

At 1-2 he probably should figure out what the heck he's doing with his own team.....

Dear Lord, what a bunch of social self-aggrandizing inconsequential misfits sitting around playing ND HC... .

He was one of the top linebackers coming out of Florida in his year - very good will play on Sunday's

Okay, that rant at the end was pretty funny.

But that doesn't mean were spooning on cold winter nights, CGVR, disdain still abounds! ;)

Reactions: cgvr
Anyone is an upgrade to Schmidt post injury. I like coney. He has a good nose for the ball. I think Morgan lacks this. I'm not saying he can't get better but he has been our worst lb so far. He's been out of position or biting on fakes way too often. I think he's thinking too much and not letting it loose. So far, coney, martini & onwualu have played better. I'm hoping he plays better this week, we'll need him to.

Huh, there is a High School Coach in FL doing depth chart engineering with ND's roster . . .

Has anyone on this board figured out what the heck this means?

I think the OP was simply pointing out that both Coney and Studstill played for Freeman at Palm Beach Gardens and that 2 of "his guys" are starting for ND.
For some reason it offended some posters on here, although I can't understand why. I'd be very proud as well.

I think the OP was simply pointing out that both Coney and Studstill played for Freeman at Palm Beach Gardens and that 2 of "his guys" are starting for ND.
For some reason it offended some posters on here, although I can't understand why. I'd be very proud as well.

cgvr and Rearend23 are just lowlife trolls. They are to be ignored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT