ADVERTISEMENT

Teams ND should eventually (hopefully) get a home/home series with in the future

Not a particularly well reasoned analysis by the author. I have never been a fan of the Shamrock Series games. If we dumped the Shamrock Series games, we might be able to schedule some of these home and homes.
If we want more of a presence in Texas, forget about the Shamrock Series. Schedule home and homes with Texas or TCU, in addition to the 2024-2025 games coming up with A&M.

Texas is adopting the sec scheduling mentality. They won't do a home and home. Just like many other teams. The shamrock series can serve a purpose.

Reactions: Golson5
Texas is adopting the sec scheduling mentality. They won't do a home and home. Just like many other teams. The shamrock series can serve a purpose.

It serves the purpose of limiting ND's scheduling options. I have not seen Texas make any announcement that they won't play a home and home. But if so, there are always TCU, Texas Tech, SMU, etc.

Reactions: HRC08
Wait...
I thought you were going to say they won't play above the Mason Dixon line post Halloween.
That would in fact be adopting the SEC's "scheduling mentality"

Apparently you meant the other way around of not obliging traveling to...

That's not accurate. Just like any bigger school...they all do a home and home if it's worth it to them.

Bama playing the Citadel or any other D1AA they love filling out the schedule with....it doesn't make sense to play on the road against those teams.

Not a particularly well reasoned analysis by the author. I have never been a fan of the Shamrock Series games. If we dumped the Shamrock Series games, we might be able to schedule some of these home and homes.
If we want more of a presence in Texas, forget about the Shamrock Series. Schedule home and homes with Texas or TCU, in addition to the 2024-2025 games coming up with A&M.
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Shamrock Series. I do wish the games had better opponents.

Reactions: jerbach and Golson5
I’d like to see Penn state on the schedule again. I’d like to see Texas again as well at some point. Since Prime Time is at Colorado, a home and home with them would be interesting
Penn State should never get on the schedule again. I throw up in my mouth just a wee bit every time I see that name.

Iowa will never budge as long as Barta is there. They would not want to potentially give up another home game in a same year they play at Iowa State. Iowa annually plays a weak OOC schedule, all at home except for the rotation with Iowa State.
Yeah, I put Iowa down strictly for selfish purposes since I lived there for so long. Got tired of listening to Iowa fans tell me how they would crush ND. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BM16 and Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT