ADVERTISEMENT

Take Purdue off the schedule

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Time for new competition and add some value to schedule. Purdue is an awful football program right now. ND won 66-7 and had bad injuries

Time for new competition and add some value to schedule. Purdue is an awful football program right now. ND won 66-7 and had bad injuries
dumb
typical of todays I WANT IT NOW OR I AM GOING TO THROW A TANTRUM mentality

Purdue is up and down and right now its down but no reason to think it will NOT rise again
But YOU want to dump nearly a century of tradition because you WANT IT NOW

“My brother said Clemson fans have filled 60% of the stadium”….still is dumber than this post

dumb
typical of todays I WANT IT NOW OR I AM GOING TO THROW A TANTRUM mentality

Purdue is up and down and right now its down but no reason to think it will NOT rise again
But YOU want to dump nearly a century of tradition because you WANT IT NOW
Typical Purdue heads, hire a coach who isn't ready and the wonder why,,,,,,

Do you understand that most of the scheduling is done years in advance? It was always hard to project what a team will be like 5-8 years in the future when the schedule is made out and now even more difficult with NIL and players constantly moving from one school to the next.

Do you understand that most of the scheduling is done years in advance? It was always hard to project what a team will be like 5-8 years in the future when the schedule is made out and now even more difficult with NIL and players constantly moving from one school to the next.
And don't forget that Southern Cal has not yet continued the annual rivalry game past 2026.

I wonder why ND doesn't just fill the schedule with MAC schools.

ND fans (especially the older ones who post here) don't care how easy the wins come, just as long as they come.

The watered down roster combined with the watered down schedule cannot be good for the long-term branding of the Notre Dame football program.

Reactions: Rockne's Rambler

ND fans (especially the older ones who post here) don't care how easy the wins come, just as long as they come.

The watered down roster combined with the watered down schedule cannot be good for the long-term branding of the Notre Dame football program.
The schedule is fine. The brand is strong

I used to watch every snap 100% of ND games from about 2005-2014 time.

Since the ACC deal, combined with military academies, G5 schools, rivals being down, Michigan and Michigan State off, etc. i maybe watch like 50-75% of snaps and im DIE HARD.

I can only imagine how many less new viewers ND games are getting now.

The school refuses to build up the roster so that the team can compete with anybody and instead is taking a short-sided approach to just watering down the schedule to make the team seem more competitive but its just eroding the brand

Since the ACC deal, combined with military academies, G5 schools, rivals being down, Michigan and Michigan State off, etc. i maybe watch like 50-75% of snaps and im DIE HARD.

The school refuses to build up the roster so that the team can compete with anybody and instead is taking a short-sided approach to just watering down the schedule to make the team seem more competitive but its just eroding the brand
I would say the ratings are probably up

It's not so much watering down the schedule as the entire landscape of scheduling has changed with the new 12-team playoff format. The top brands will be steering clear of ND for the same reason that USC is doing it. All schools in the Big Ten or SEC will inherently have much tougher conference schedules in the future with the recent realignment. A team that finishes 2, 3 or 4 in either conference could lose out on a playoff berth if they have a loss to ND.

I know how you domers feel about the USC rivalry but let's face it, Lincoln Riley is doing the smart thing for himself.

It's not so much watering down the schedule as the entire landscape of scheduling has changed with the new 12-team playoff format. The top brands will be steering clear of ND for the same reason that USC is doing it. All schools in the Big Ten or SEC will inherently have much tougher conference schedules in the future with the recent realignment. A team that finishes 2, 3 or 4 in either conference could lose out on a playoff berth if they have a loss to ND.

I know how you domers feel about the USC rivalry but let's face it, Lincoln Riley is doing the smart thing for himself.
Our schedule will be fine. We won't have any problem with scheduling

Well then I guess he means from here on out. No more scheduling Purdue in the future, for any additional matchups. And then we'll play them 8 more times, because it's already scheduled. And then never again.

ND will be in a conference long before then, so we'll have to see how that will affect all their years in advance schedules. Because of the formation of the long-awaited, long-rumored super conferences, whose arrival is imminent.

Does not match my definition of die-hard, or even a true supporter unless missing for some family function.
Im die hard as in i dont miss games, ever, and usually watch every snap (haven't in recent times because of the bad product).

I follow ND 24/7 365 days a year. The fact that im this die hard and bored half the time im watching ND these days (because of the low competition schedule week in and week out going back to about 2016) is a problem for the brand long-term IMO. If a die hard like me is not tuned in, I can only imagine other fans or potential new fans out there.

Last edited:
Im die hard as in i dont miss games, ever, and usually watch every snap (haven't in recent times because of the bad product).

I follow ND 24/7 365 days a year. The fact that im this die hard and bored half the time im watching ND these days (because of the low competition schedule week in and week out going back to about 2016) is a problem for the brand long-term IMO. If a die hard like me is not tuned in, I can only imagine other fans or potential new fans out there.

Sounds more like a casual fan than a real fan, certainly not die-hard.

It's funny you watched every snap from 05-14 and not now. We were awful in 07 and stunk in 08, 09. Very average in 10 and 11. We had a great 12 and were good but far from elite in 13 and 14.

So that a weird viewing habit to watch when we were worse but not now that we are much better. Odd

Reactions: BGI User 756
Here's an example of what I mean. Since the A&M game we've played:

Purdue (#85)
Northern Illinois (#87)
And the upcoming game is vs Miami OH (#93)

Don't worry after a game vs a luckily competitive Louisville (#21) we'll be facing Stanford (#81) at home.

That's 4 games out of the last 5 vs BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TRASH. And it doesn't get any better in the 2nd half of the schedule either. And last years schedule was just as bad if not worse.

Before the ACC deal and before the proceeding bastardization of the schedule est 2016-present) we used to play teams up and down the top 25 & top 50 week in and week out. We didn't dumb the schedule down and then market the hell out of our W-L record. We played good teams week in and week out and tried to build a roster to be competitive against that level of competition.

ND will do ANYTHING to increase the perception of their product except build/invest in a better product/roster. And its just cheap and ineffectual and anyone with any common sense and critical thinking skills can see it from a mile away.

Last edited:
Here's an example of what I mean. Since the A&M game we've played:

Purdue (#85)
Northern Illinois (#87)
And the upcoming game is vs Miami OH (#93)

Don't worry after a game vs a luckily competitive Louisville (#21) we'll be facing Stanford (#81) at home.

That's 4 games out of the last 5 vs BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TRASH. And it doesn't get any better in the 2nd half of the schedule either. And last years schedule was just as bad if not worse.

Before the ACC deal and before the proceeding bastardization of the schedule est 2016-present) we used to play teams up and down the top 25 & top 50 week in and week out. We didn't dumb the schedule down and then market the hell out of our W-L record. We played good teams week in and week out and tried to build a roster to be competitive against that level of competition.

ND will do ANYTHING to increase the perception of their product except build/invest in a better product/roster. And its just cheap and ineffectual and anyone with any common sense and critical thinking skills can see it from a mile away.
Don't care about those rankings. NIU is much better than that ranking. Stopped reading after that. Just stupid ranking

I accidentally hit the like button. My apologies to the other posters? Anyway, what age are the "older ones" you speak of?

Please put me on "ignore." That's what I'm doing to you, where you will join three other posters who prefer insults and name-calling to open discussion.
You're a Purdue fan, right? I can't keep track, I didn't realize that at first I thought you were just another ND fan. In any case, I guess you're a little sore about what happened. I'm surprised as anyone. I expected us to win, but not quite like that. Anyway, good luck on the rest of the year. You might need it!

If anything the players aren't battle tested by playing a cupcake schedule. We can't control some of the traditional powers in rebuild mode but yeah we need to play some tougher teams. It would be more positive if we had 2 losses to legit programs vs 1 loss to NIU or Miami(OH) or the military academies. As long as our players are gonna get season ending injuries vs weak teams they may as well risk injury against other top tier teams. I propose 2 cupcakes, multiple middle of the road big 10 or SEC or ACC and then 2 to 3 real tough top 10 programs each year.

You still lie

You are right, Purdue should have steered clear

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT