ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford

They lost at home to Sacramento State. Going forward they will only be earning $7-8 million in TV revenue in the ACC. I think the days of Stanford being a quality opponent will be long gone. Sucks.

I’ve had them down and out before and they came back with a vengeance taking recruits that we wanted along the way. It may take a while, but all it takes is a good coach and an administration that wants to win.

Hell, that crap team beat us last year

The fact that we lost to those clowns last year blows my mind, they’re a total dumpster fire. Stanford losing to the team they did today is absolutely embarrassing.

I’ve been saying for years, that I’d like to see them off the schedule permanently, calling them a rival is a joke. They historically suck, I simply can’t stand them. I don’t want to hear about academics either, we don’t play them for Jeopardy titles.

Last edited:
The fact that we lost to those clowns last year blows my mind, they’re a total dumpster fire. Stanford losing to the team they did today is absolutely embarrassing.

I’ve been saying for years, that I’d like to see them off the schedule permanently, calling them a rival is a joke. They historically suck, I simply can’t stand them. I don’t want to hear about academics either, we don’t play them for Jeopardy titles.
Yawn.

I think Stanford made a really good hire in Troy Taylor. He’s created an offensive juggernaut every place he’s been, and I expect Stanford to be playing at a top fifteen level two years from now. They just lost to Sac St, the team Taylor built into a damn good one as their head coach before accepting the Stanford job. I don’t like Stanford, but Taylor will have them noted for their outstanding QB play and passing attack again, and a team to be taken seriously.

Reactions: theskibro
In todays game, your one coach and a blind eye to “student athlete” away from a championship team.

Last edited:
Reactions: theskibro

It wasn't just last year

I think Stanford made a really good hire in Troy Taylor. He’s created an offensive juggernaut every place he’s been, and I expect Stanford to be playing at a top fifteen level two years from now. They just lost to Sac St, the team Taylor built into a damn good one as their head coach before accepting the Stanford job. I don’t like Stanford, but Taylor will have them noted for their outstanding QB play and passing attack again, and a team to be taken seriously.
That's very wishful thinking with them not bringing in many transfers and not recruiting at a top level.

That's very wishful thinking with them not bringing in many transfers and not recruiting at a top level.
They’ve been recruiting in the 60-80 rankings range the past few years. This is Taylor’s first year, and their ranking is in the low 20’s right now. You follow recruiting much more than I do, and rankings between now and signing will change. I’ve watched Taylor succeed at each stop along the way, and his offenses have been exceptional. I just think he’ll be successful recruiting high end skill position players and putting a high scoring entertaining offense on the field. Time will tell.

They’ve been recruiting in the 60-80 rankings range the past few years. This is Taylor’s first year, and their ranking is in the low 20’s right now. You follow recruiting much more than I do, and rankings between now and signing will change. I’ve watched Taylor succeed at each stop along the way, and his offenses have been exceptional. I just think he’ll be successful recruiting high end skill position players and putting a high scoring entertaining offense on the field. Time will tell.
They have 26 recruits so they will be higher. Probably end in the high 20s into the 30s which is good but they need an infusion of more talent than that when everyone is hitting the portal as well

Yes time will tell. I want them to be better than this. This is pathetic

Interesting comments about my 2nd favorite team, right after the Irish. I live in the Bay Area and follow and like the Cardinal. True student athlete ideals, period.

Troy Taylor seems like a good coach who normally could be expected to turn around recruiting, the life blood of competitiveness. We're not in normal times with NIL and transfers. Sanders can rebuild Colorado in a way impossible at Stanford.

Like the Irish, Taylor has to figure out to build a compelling draw for top students who happen to play good football. Judiciously use NIL and transfers. You can find the rare Hartman, capable of doing a tough degree while playing at a high level.

Schools like Notre Dame and Stanford are in it together here. As compared to the current Colorado carnival that can attract ANY athletes suddenly for impact. As an aside I wish Sanders luck, but something tells me the wheels will fall off. I'm not sure that type of coaching succeeds when you lose, as a Oregon and USC loom.

Anyways, Stanford has to build a compelling brand to compete with a circus where players can exclusively be athletes and celebrities. Hell, Saban is facing this. Players and coaches can bolt, raising volatility. Stacking 4 QBs who a transfer and play is the reality. Notre Dame and Stanford are adapting as they can...rooting for their success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telx1
Interesting comments about my 2nd favorite team, right after the Irish. I live in the Bay Area and follow and like the Cardinal. True student athlete ideals, period.

Troy Taylor seems like a good coach who normally could be expected to turn around recruiting, the life blood of competitiveness. We're not in normal times with NIL and transfers. Sanders can rebuild Colorado in a way impossible at Stanford.

Like the Irish, Taylor has to figure out to build a compelling draw for top students who happen to play good football. Judiciously use NIL and transfers. You can find the rare Hartman, capable of doing a tough degree while playing at a high level.

Schools like Notre Dame and Stanford are in it together here. As compared to the current Colorado carnival that can attract ANY athletes suddenly for impact. As an aside I wish Sanders luck, but something tells me the wheels will fall off. I'm not sure that type of coaching succeeds when you lose, as a Oregon and USC loom.

Anyways, Stanford has to build a compelling brand to compete with a circus where players can exclusively be athletes and celebrities. Hell, Saban is facing this. Players and coaches can bolt, raising volatility. Stacking 4 QBs who a transfer and play is the reality. Notre Dame and Stanford are adapting as they can...rooting for their success.

I agree with this sentiment. It’s not an easy road back for Stanford due to their own restrictions regarding transfers, but it’s not an impossible journey. It has been done before and can be done again. If they end up in the 30’s recruiting wise this year, that tells me this new coach has them headed in the right direction.

Reactions: banmate6
I agree with this sentiment. It’s not an easy road back for Stanford due to their own restrictions regarding transfers, but it’s not an impossible journey. It has been done before and can be done again. If they end up in the 30’s recruiting wise this year, that tells me this new coach has them headed in the right direction.
I believe it's good for ND to play in California every year, SC in even years and Stanford in odd years. I would think it helps in recruiting California guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT