joemot

Future coach
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2007
Minersville
3-4 vs 4-2-5

The school I coach at currently runs the 4-2-5
Up until the last year we were a 5-3 stack
b/c we play mostly in a smaller school division (graduate about 140 ) and we see a lot of the wing -t teams ( we play Wyomissing where Anzolone graduates from)
we switched to the 4-2-5 Bc our personnel is better fit for the 4-2-5 ( we have some decent underclassmen at the safety position and this allows us to get all three on the field plus we historically have not had great size or athleticism at the DL position)

Anyway would ND be better off going back to the 3-4 bc it seems it is easier for them to recruit LB then highly rated DT's. (I do not really get into the star rating argument so I'm happy with who the staff thinks will help)

At the HS level we get who we get in terms of players and must change at times to get the best 11 on the field.

At the next level you compete for every athlete at each position and needing that extra tackle it just seems in terms of athleticism we would be better off going back to the 3-4 and focusing that time on another backer.

I understand that the with a 3 man front you need three guys who can two gap and really play. However with certain schemes you just need guys to eat up blocks and let the backers run free

It's late I'm bored and just wanted to know what you guys thought.......

Oh and.....JBT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News