ADVERTISEMENT

St. Brown with a dirty hit on Dolphins player

What’s the rule on that when the player is pursuing to make a tackle. No crackback blocks allowed at all anymore?

Player was well out of bounds...now I
admit that we coach that...just thought it was dirty to do in the NFL...........

Player was well out of bounds...now I
admit that we coach that...just thought it was dirty to do in the NFL...........

Say what? He wasn’t close to being out of bounds and was pursuing the ball carrier. I think it’s a totally legal block unless crackback blocking is always a penalty anywhere on the field now. I don’t know. Check the video.

Say what? He wasn’t close to being out of bounds and was pursuing the ball carrier. I think it’s a totally legal block unless crackback blocking is always a penalty anywhere on the field now. I don’t know. Check the video.

A crack back block is illegal if the receiver targets the head or neck. The defender is considered a defenseless player in that situation.

A crack back block is illegal if the receiver targets the head or neck. The defender is considered a defenseless player in that situation.

I don’t know, He led with his shoulder. He also seems to hit the Dolphins player in the chest area.

Anyone see the Charger game? The Raiders sack Rivers. 2 DL sack Rivers then get flagged because too much weight?

He didn't launch himself, he didn't go high, you can see him duck a bit before the hit to make the block on the chest with his pads and not his helmet. The ball was still in play at the time. I don't see why this is a penalty.

He didn't launch himself, he didn't go high, you can see him duck a bit before the hit to make the block on the chest with his pads and not his helmet. The ball was still in play at the time. I don't see why this is a penalty.
This is what is wrong with football. That is not a great block. That is a pussy coward trying to hurt a guy

A great block is taking a defender on straight up and beating him

Any child can do what ESB did. Does not take talent. It takes a loser attitude. He could have just as effectively blocked the guy without force His intent was to boost his own ego and potentially hurt the defender

Total bs Should be ejected. That is as bad as targeting

This is what is wrong with football. That is not a great block. That is a pussy coward trying to hurt a guy

Any child can do what ESB did. Does not take talent. It takes a loser attitude. He could have just as effectively blocked the guy without force His intent was to boost his own ego and potentially hurt the defender

Dumb post of the day award.

The defender was completely turned around to him and had every opportunity to get his head on a swivel as they coach! He was lazy as a defender with the play still going on an adams about a yard or two still in bounds and ESB did exactly what he should have done. Clean shoulder hit to the cheast, no helmet, no head.

That hit is 100% on the defender and completely legal. You want to be lazy, you'll get your rear end handed to you in the NFL.

You are pathetic and you are what is ruining football. You want players running around with the mindset "I don't want to hurt anyone". You are the child that should be sticking to flag football. You coach players now not to head hunt, launch, and lead with helmet. ESB did exactly that.

Oh No, quenton nelson pancaked and crushed this safety. He should have just tapped him. Boo hoo hoo

MOVE ON JOKE

There is literal video evidence in this thread. St. Brown got his full body in front of the defender. You're calling him a pussy coward? You are making an ass of yourself.

The defender was completely turned around to him and had every opportunity to get his head on a swivel as they coach! He was lazy as a defender with the play still going on an adams about a yard or two still in bounds and ESB did exactly what he should have done. Clean shoulder hit to the cheast, no helmet, no head.

That hit is 100% on the defender and completely legal. You want to be lazy, you'll get your rear end handed to you in the NFL.

You are pathetic and you are what is ruining football. You want players running around with the mindset "I don't want to hurt anyone". You are the child that should be sticking to flag football. You coach players now not to head hunt, launch, and lead with helmet. ESB did exactly that.

Oh No, quenton nelson pancaked and crushed this safety. He should have just tapped him. Boo hoo hoo

MOVE ON JOKE
Perfectly legal block and a great aggressive football play he led with his shoulder the dB should have seen it coming

That’s what I thought. I mean if the rule states otherwise than I understand why the flag was thrown but I’d like to see what the league says about it. Thought you could throw those blocks when the player is absolutely pursuing the ball carrier and part of the play.

MOVE ON JOKE
And ESQ got a flag. Why is that ? Guess refs. NDL and I must be dumb posters and you are the brilliant one
I am all for putting toughness back in the game. But a blind hit is bs. Swivel his head my ass. You could not even run much less be looking to take on a cheap shot from a pussy ass like ESQ

And ESQ got a flag. Why is that ? Guess refs. NDL and I must be dumb posters and you are the brilliant one
I am all for putting toughness back in the game. But a blind hit is bs. Swivel his head my ass. You could not even run much less be looking to take on a cheap shot from a pussy ass like ESQ
Do you know what the blindside is, or a blind hit is? It is not when you hit somebody that's running right at you square in their chest.

Refs made wrong call because it looked so bad in full speed, in reality, legal as can be.

When the league reviews that call, I'd be surprised if they did not admit to referee error.

It was a powerful hit, but as has been pointed out, appeared to be textbook.

You see blocks like this in high school and college all the time.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
This is what is wrong with football. That is not a great block. That is a pussy coward trying to hurt a guy what ??? Are you kidding me?.... you know nothing about football. That's a clean hit. Very physical play. But football is supposed to be a physical game. Nothing wrong with that block. Its part of the game. Blindside hits are part of the game. It goes both ways. He lead with his shoulder and didn't leave the ground and launch himself at the other player . Completely legit and block. Anyone who has played football and understands the game would say that. You obviously hv no understanding of the game of football. To call EQ a coward for that hit is one of most ridiculous and frankly shameful things I've read. It was a very physical and aggressive play on an opposing player but completely legit hit. Football is an aggressive and physically game. The flag was wrong imo. Players wear pads and helmets for a reason. They dont wear skirts... stop trying to sissify the game

You need to pull your head out of your ass!
Exactly ! What is wrong with these posters calling EQ a dirty SOB and coward for that hit. That's a legit hit. Part of the game. If you have a problem with that stop watching football and switch to gymnastics or figure skating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT