ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Some 2019 OL film review notes.....

Bryan Driskell

Football Analyst
Apr 19, 2015
Granger, IN
Starting to work through 2019 film while I finish breaking down the 2017 season for ND.

Had a chance to watch a lot more of the OL that ND is after. Some thoughts on the top guys.

Quinn Carroll - He's really grown on me. His athleticism doesn't jump off the screen, but the more you watch him the more I like his feet, his change of direction and comfort level on the edge. Its still not top-level athleticism, but it's better than I thought it would be. I used to think he was more of a pure guard. I still think he could be an elite guard but I've really come to like his ability at tackle. His frame is outstanding. Saw him in person before the USC game, and he's super long, has a great frame and doesn't have hardly any fat on him. Carroll is powerful and an excellent finisher, and when its all said and done his game is going to be about mauling and beating people up. He's a highly ranked recruit, and it's a legit ranking. Carroll is very good right now and he's only going to get better if he keeps working.

John Olmstead - I still love his frame and power. He's going to be 315+ and a nasty, physical player. Overall his junior film was a bit underwhelming. Olmstead put on a little bit of bad weight and he got stiffer. His quickness wasn't as good and he wasn't as comfortable on the edge. Based on his junior film I like him more as a guard right now than a tackle. If he can get in better shape and get his quickness back he'll be back up on my board, but right now he's fallen down a bit. Still a take, but he's not a Top 100 player at the current moment. Really looking forward to seeing his senior film.

Saleem Wormley - Wormley shot way up my list after seeing his junior film. If we are looking for things to nitpick I wish he was an inch or two taller, but he's got enough length to play tackle in college. This kid could play all five positions at Notre Dame. Some will like him more inside, some will like him more outside, but what I like is that he can play both at a high level. He is an athletic player that is quick off the snap, moves well in space, can quickly overtake defenders to the outside on the zone and he shows the COD to handle double moves on the outside. His hand technique needs work, but he packs a serious punch and they are pretty quick hands. For me, this kid is a must-get. He is good right now, but he's only going to get better.

Zeke Correll - Although his length isn't what I ideally want to see, Correll has everything else you want in an top-notch OL. Correll is on the shorter side when it comes to the typical elite OL, which is why he projects more inside. In fact, he plays guard in high school, which is where he projects in college - guard or center. He's very physical, possessing a really nice punch and the ability to finish well inside. He reminds me of a more athletic version of Chris Watt. Correll doesn't have an edge player's demeanor, which is another reason I really like him inside. He's a nasty kid who will compete like crazy. His technique needs work and he needs to fill out and get stronger, but I love the kids potential inside.

Andrew Kristofic - No one on this list needs more work in the weight room and from a technique standpoint than does Kristofic, who is just starting to tap into his full potential. He needs to add weight and strength, but man this kid has a lot of awesome tools. He's tall, he has exceptionally long arms and he's atop-level athlete. Kristofic is a natural edge player. He looks comfortable in space as a pass blocker and blocker. He's a two-way lineman for Pine Richland and he also plays basketball. Once he focuses on just the OL and stops playing basketball his body will blow up, and his game will take off. Kristofic is a tough kid who competes hard, and he's a natural knee bender. His feet are quick and he'll likely get way more explosive once football becomes his only focus athletically. Love this kid's film, must-get for Notre Dame.

Harry Miller - Miller could play tackle in the right system in college, but his tools as a potential guard are truly special. It's probably unfair to say this, but Miller is the closest thing Notre Dame has recruited to Quenton Nelson from a style standpoint. Miller is long for a guard and he's athletic. He comes off the ball quickly and plays with incredible force. He has a really nasty demeanor and seems to relish in not just winning, but dominating his opponents. Miller drives through contact, works his feet when engaged and is a first-class finisher in the run game. I've seen him play guard, tackle and center in high school, and play on both the right and left side. That's not easy, and he looked good every spot he played in. Miller is going to be hard to land, but if ND were to get him it would be a monster pickup.

Bryan Hudson - I'm not quite as high on Hudson as I am other players on this list. He's on the shorter side, but he does have long arms, which I like. He's an extremely physical kid and I really like his toughness. That alone makes him recruitable, but to me he's not as athletic as other guys on the board. He's a pure inside player at the next level. If you can keep him in tight spaces he's good, but his movement game isn't as good as other guys on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News