ADVERTISEMENT

Football Snap Counts: Here's who played for Notre Dame football against Georgia Tech

Eric Hansen

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021

Here's a little postscript that will provide some needed context for those who love the deep statistical dives, and a cure for insomnia for those who don't. PFF confuses things with fake field goals and fake punts, and they're kind of inconsistent with it and provide a moving target. Let me give you an example. Ty Chan plays on the line on field goals and extra points. He has not taken a single snap as a tackle on offense this season. However, due to the bad snap in one game and a fake field goal on Saturday, PFF now lists him as having played two snaps this season as a tackle. Technically maybe. But they also list Zac Yoakam as a position player for the same reason. I'd rather see these stay as special teams-graded plays. The issue is, when they make the change -- that can be later on Sunday after their initial counts and grades are distributed Sunday morning -- or as late as Thursday. And they are not always accurate on the special teams players, sometimes confusing the players with duplicate numbers. And some of the ones they have for Saturday are still wrong. In any event, I went with the initial number of snaps and snap counts. I'll talk to Tyler later and will consider adjusting these at some point with an explanation that -- WARNING - could cause drowsiness. That is all!

Reactions: 2581
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.