ADVERTISEMENT

Ski…happy now?

Merry Christmas Ski…Parker gone and Denbrock our new OC.
TelX
And all my fellow posters - I know you all, in some measure your quirks, likes, dislikes, etc — yet, we have never met.

I wish each of you the very best Christmas and New Year. You all matter to me. (Wipe eye with tissue)

Seriously, my best to you all. May you have better health and some of you have struggled in this area. God bless

and yes, the way Parker left and Denbrock returned seems divine providence. I mean an unsigned contract at LSU. A new job for Parker. All worked out

We are fortunate to be part of loving possibly one of the most special places on earth. Not to be taken lightly.

Go Irish

Ski

Last edited:
Happy Days, indeed! Marcus is putting together one experienced coaches room. If we can get the offensive line figured out, we will do some damage next year.
Don

U still in s California? Still working?

TelX
And all my fellow posters - I know you all, in some measure your quirks, likes, dislikes, etc — yet, we have never met.

I wish each of you the very best Christmas and New Year. You all matter to me. (Wipe eye with tissue)

Seriously, my best to you all. May you have better health and some of you have struggled in this area. God bless

and yes, the way Parker left and Denbrock returned seems divine providence. I mean an unsigned contract at LSU. A new job for Parker. All worked out

We are fortunate to be part of loving possibly one of the most special places on earth. Not to be taken slightly.

Go Irish

Ski
Thank you Ski. And you’re right, many of us have developed a sense for one another over thousands of posts covering several years of ND highs and lows, and too much in between. I personally value the daily interactions that are the fabric of this board, and the one constant that we are die hard Notre Dame fans. The negative is the silent disappearance of posters we’ve grown to know, being left with questions and concerns over their well being; and the positive is the constant influx of newbies to the board.

As for Denbrock’s hire, he’s an excellent choice. I don’t think he’s an offensive genius as some have suggested based on his work product at LSU and Daniel’s tremendous development. But I do think he is damn near a perfect fit for us. Great TE coach, prior working relationship with Gino and Freeman, tremendous resume, success as an OC at two major stops; and a real love for Notre Dame.

Wishing you and everyone else a Merry Christmas and a Healthy fun filled prosperous New Yea, Chase included!

Freeman needed an OC that can do wayyy more than just call plays.

Organize offensive coaching amongst entire staff
Prepare and develop entire offense
Develop game plan
Call plays

Under Parker in big games our game plan, prep, and play calling were all very bad at times… when he occasionally called a great play we didn’t execute it.

This hire is way more than just game day Xs and Os

Freeman should utilize golden and denbrock for next 2-3 years while preparing for the next OC and DC

First round of playoffs needs to be in south bend next year

TelX

We are fortunate to be part of loving possibly one of the most special places on earth. Not to be taken lightly.

Go Irish

Ski
Great post and the same to you and yours

Happy Days, indeed! Marcus is putting together one experienced coaches room. If we can get the offensive line figured out, we will do some damage next year.
Absolutely agree.

And why can’t we get the OL figured out?

Craig, Schrauth, Rocco, Jagusah, Wagner, Pendleton, Absher, Chan, Coogan, Terek, Baker……11 talented guys ready to battle for 5 spots. Lambert may want in too. We’ll see how it shakes out, but I’m excited to see this unit come together.

Absolutely agree.

And why can’t we get the OL figured out?

Craig, Schrauth, Rocco, Jagusah, Wagner, Pendleton, Absher, Chan, Coogan, Terek, Baker……11 talented guys ready to battle for 5 spots. Lambert may want in too. We’ll see how it shakes out, but I’m excited to see this unit come together.
The OL in 2024 is one huge question mark.

No it's not. The tackles are right now.
Collectively, the 2024 OL, IMO, is a significant concern going into 2024.

I did not think the 2023 OL, overall, played that well last season. Especially the interior of the OL.

Collectively, the 2024 OL, IMO, is a significant concern going into 2024.

I did not think the 2023 OL, overall, played that well last season. Especially the interior of the OL.
Craig and Scgrauth looked very good the last 2.5 games and only going to get better. More talented than the starters

Spindler and Coogan will be a year older

Interior OL will be good next year. Its the tackles that is a concern. But lot of talent

If Jagusah looks good in the bowl game, I'll be very bullish on the 24 OL

Don

U still in s California? Still working?
Great post, Ski! Yes! Still teaching at USC... Have a show on Amazon Prime right now -- made it in Germany so it is dubbed... "Sebastian Fitzek's Therapy" -- a psychological thriller. Where are you these days, ski?

Merry Christmas to all of you! After all these years, I still enjoy reading your thoughts about Irish football. I'm feeling pretty good about '24. If the OL can get figured out, we could make a run!

Great post, Ski! Yes! Still teaching at USC... Have a show on Amazon Prime right now -- made it in Germany so it is dubbed... "Sebastian Fitzek's Therapy" -- a psychological thriller. Where are you these days, ski?

Merry Christmas to all of you! After all these years, I still enjoy reading your thoughts about Irish football. I'm feeling pretty good about '24. If the OL can get figured out, we could make a run!
Don

I figured you are still at USC. Impressive with show on Amazon. What role did you play in this - consultant? Can we watch it or just in Germany?

I am in Naples, Florida. As far as I know our common friend, Mike Ditka still is trying to play golf in Naples also

I play tennis n follow ND. It’s probably not enough for a full retired life but I’m not complaining

Don

I figured you are still at USC. Impressive with show on Amazon. What role did you play in this - consultant? Can we watch it or just in Germany?

I am in Naples, Florida. As far as I know our common friend, Mike Ditka still is trying to play golf in Naples also

I play tennis n follow ND. It’s probably not enough for a full retired life but I’m not complaining
I wrote two episodes, helped design the show from the novel -- and yes it is on Amazon Prime. Ditka is a legend. The guy you helped connect with him has passed but that call meant the world to him. Thanks so much.

Naples is a great place. My Uncle used to live there and I visited. He loved to fish. Have a great Christmas day, my friend!

Craig and Scgrauth looked very good the last 2.5 games and only going to get better. More talented than the starters

Spindler and Coogan will be a year older

Interior OL will be good next year. Its the tackles that is a concern. But lot of talent

If Jagusah looks good in the bowl game, I'll be very bullish on the 24 OL
I think one of Spindler and Coogan will lose their starting position, and possibly both. Schrauth will likely start at one guard, and as you noted previously, keep an eye on Pendleton.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
I think one of Spindler and Coogan will lose their starting position, and possibly both. Schrauth will likely start at one guard, and as you noted previously, keep an eye on Pendleton.
I fully expect Schrauth to start.

Those 2 will battle for the other spot with Pendleton

Whoever won should be better than this year with another year older and experience

I expect the interior to be much improved

Whoever won should be better than this year with another year older and experience

Also we shouldn’t have to play injured players on the line next year due to depth not being ready… that hurt us at time especially middle of the year with Coogan playing banged up

Is there any scenario where Pendleton or Schrauth play RT?

We are pretty full at OL. I fully expect some guys will leave after the bowl game or in the spring. That said, I like our young talent and I defer to the experts -- Telx & Golson -- to predict who will be the guys vs. A&M. I kinda feel if our OTs underperform in the bowl game, we might hit the portal for a transfer OT.

I'm disappointed we aren't making a play for the Stanford TE, Yurosek, but I imagine the whole process is fraught. We have some promising TEs who we want to keep in the fold. Still, I think he'd be the perfect replacement for Staes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT