ADVERTISEMENT

Shovel pass, misdirection

Has ND tried to get Mitchell or Ford in space yet? Seems like they could one of these guys loose
That's a nice complimentary part of the offense but we have a huge issue with an entire facet of the game. Throwing.

The passing looks like the Wimbush experiment all over again with a weaker arm.

11-1 is only a possibility if another QB is taking snaps.
Remember last year's selection precedent set and their answer was how does FSU look now. This isn't the same team as before the QB got hurt.

That sentiment can go both ways but only if a different QB takes the snap and we're throwing the ball down field.

Reactions: edub72
I have always felt that misdirection had to be a major component of every Notre Dame offense; particularly when we are favored in a game. An underdog playing ND is usually fired up and will sell out going after their first inclination as to where the play is going. This is reinforced when there never appears to be a danger of misdirection.

Reactions: IrishHerb
I have always felt that misdirection had to be a major component of every Notre Dame offense; particularly when we are favored in a game. An underdog playing ND is usually fired up and will sell out going after their first inclination as to where the play is going. This is reinforced when there never appears to be a danger of misdirection.
Yes. Even the pros, the good pro teams, use misdirection from time to time, just to keep the opponent's defense honest.

ND has thrown one swing screen to Ford. 2-3 between Love and Price. 1 backfield screen to Price I believe against A&M end of half. I think 4 WR screens.

I’m just answering the question and not defending/criticizing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT