ADVERTISEMENT

See what Michigan is doing to UCF?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
That's how a playoff/national championship bound team looks vs a much inferior opponent.

After 6+ years, that's what BKs Irish should look like vs Nevada. That should be the standard.

We shouldn't need last minute TD drives to beat a team like Nevada. We should be up by 4+ scores before half time, with our back ups playing most of the 2nd half.

Sadly we all know that won't be the case.

That's how a playoff/national championship bound team looks vs a much inferior opponent.

After 6+ years, that's what BKs Irish should look like vs Nevada. That should be the standard.

We shouldn't need last minute TD drives to beat a team like Nevada. We should be up by 4+ scores before half time, with our back ups playing most of the 2nd half.

UCF was 0-12 last year. Inferior doesn't even scratch the surface in this case.

Nevada FPI rank: 94
Central Michigan: 97

These two teams are equally terrible.

I get your point on this issue and I agree. UM is doing just what they should be doing. Hopefully ND can do likewise to Nevada later today if the defense decides to show up.

Nevada went 7-6 and won a bowl game last year. UCF went 0-12. Not equal at all.

FPI takes way more factors into consideration and does 10,000+ simulations. It's a complex system -- something similar to what Vegas uses.

FPI ranks CMU 94th, and Nevada 97th. Again, both of these programs are equally terrible.

Looking forward to the tired excuses/cliches after the game:

One of my personal favorites: "Everybody plays the Irish likes its the superbowl" :rolleyes:

Reactions: end_23
Yea I noticed a ucf player get thrown out for helmet to helmet, much less obvious imo than the hit on Hunter. Home cookin even against ucf. Just sayin

It was called targeting on the field. I do also believe if the play on Hunter would've been reviewed, it would've been called targeting.

Last edited:
I generally don't compare two games and four teams in this way, as strengths and weaknesses vary from one team to the next, etc... That said, I agree with the underlying premise, and that is Michigan is dominating a team they should, and so should ND; perhaps not to the same degree or as early in the game. Would love to have a four score lead at halftime and use the opportunity for younger guys to get some valuable playing experience; but will be very happy with a four score win at the end of the game even if this requires the starters to play most the game. After last week's play by our defense, at this point is seems overly optimistic to be thinking about a four score difference period.

I generally don't compare two games and four teams in this way, as strengths and weaknesses vary from one team to the next, etc... That said, I agree with the underlying premise, and that is Michigan is dominating a team they should, and so should ND; perhaps not to the same degree or as early in the game. Would love to have a four score lead at halftime and use the opportunity for younger guys to get some valuable playing experience; but will be very happy with a four score win at the end of the game even if this requires the starters to play most the game. After last week's play by our defense, at this point is seems overly optimistic to be thinking about a four score difference period.

It isn't a direct comparison as much as it's the broader point which you seem to be on the same page about.

This should be the standard at ND. And it's clear as day that it is not.

Would be nice to have an aggressive administration that could see these signs as well as the fans do, and do something about it.

ND makes way too much money, has way too much prestige/notoriety to be accepting anything less.

The blocked kicks may have something to do with the score. Other than that Chaseball you have outdone yourself! [No easy task [smile]]

Clemson is ahead of Troy by only 13-10 late in the 3rd, and Georgia overwhelmed Nichols Freakin' State by a final score of 26-24.

I guess it happens elsewhere too.

ND, 25-0 at the half.

Chase..? C'mon buddy, time for a little crow, this is a solid performance on a very short week after a heartbreaking loss after losing their best defensive player early and perhaps second most important offensive player last week. Said it all along, this is a young team who will slip at times. But I like that young talent and two solid QBs.

Reactions: greengael
Chase..? C'mon buddy, time for a little crow, this is a solid performance on a very short week after a heartbreaking loss after losing their best defensive player early and perhaps second most important offensive player last week. Said it all along, this is a young team who will slip at times. But I like that young talent and two solid QBs.
Solid Performance? LOL. And the desperation continues for the Kool-Aid crowd.

Reactions: end_23

Clueless. Shouldn't you be analyzing the recruiting rankings?

The blocked kicks may have something to do with the score. Other than that Chaseball you have outdone yourself! [No easy task [smile]]
I am betting he wears a pocket protector and has never been near an athletic field except as maybe the water boy.

How about 25-0 at the half? Will that do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT