ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule for Fall Camp with link

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
Here you go

Notre Dame opens the fall season up in very familiar fashion next week. On Friday, August 5, Brian Kelly will hold a press conference to kick things off for the whirlwind that is camp season.

From there, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish will travel the short trip to Culver Military Academy in Culver Indiana to begin its fall camp on Saturday, August 6. The first practice is open to the media, but after that, there will be no practice viewings or interviews with the players.

Probably only a few horses will bear witness to the grinding done during camp

The Irish will stay in Culver until August 10, and then head back to Notre Dame on August 11, and then Brian Kelly will meet with the media. The next day on August 12, players will be made available for interview by the media.

No other schedule has been released at this time for the teams activities once they come back to Notre Dame.

This is the third year in a row that the Fighting Irish will open their fall camp up at Culver, and perhaps we should expect this most every year that Brian Kelly is the head coach. It’s a great way to block out any and all distractions for a team that is learning quite a bit in the first week, as well as a bonding experience for upper classmen and the incoming freshman.

Someone better tell Tim O’Conner that his “office” is quite temporary.

So the press conference is August 5th?

Also it sucks to see every year press gets less and less access with more restrictions.

We did lose 13 of our 22 starters.....We do play a very tough schedule......I don't really think 8-4 is realistic because you have two talented QB's and that's usually the make or break but 9-3 or 10-2 is probably realistic. No team had less than 1 loss last year. Not too many make a championship run with those personnel losses. Feels like 17 is a bit of retooling. .Looking at the lost players to the NFL, I don't see a Fuller, Russel or Jaylon replacement yet. Saftey lost Mathis and Shu who were all over.....yea, we got young talent but we don't have lots of miles on those guys.

We did lose 13 of our 22 starters.....We do play a very tough schedule......I don't really think 8-4 is realistic because you have two talented QB's and that's usually the make or break but 9-3 or 10-2 is probably realistic. No team had less than 1 loss last year. Not too many make a championship run with those personnel losses. Feels like 17 is a bit of retooling. .Looking at the lost players to the NFL, I don't see a Fuller, Russel or Jaylon replacement yet. Saftey lost Mathis and Shu who were all over.....yea, we got young talent but we don't have lots of miles on those guys.

QB: Deshone Kizer
RB: Tarean Folston
TE: Durham Smythe
LT: Mike McGlinchey (moved from right tackle)
LG: Quenton Nelson

SDE: Isaac Rochell
NG: Jarron Jones
LB: James Onwualu
FS: Max Redfield
CB: Cole Luke
NB: Shaun Crawford

By my count ND returns 12 of the 23 slated starters (I count the nickel as the 23rd starter) from last year. More importantly, however, they return some key guys who ended up playing a ton of snaps when starters went down or who were key substitutes in substitution packages, who are now projected starters in the base defense.

Those guys include...

WR: Torii Hunter Jr
RB: Josh Adams
RT: Alex Bars
TE: Aliz'e Jones
TE: Tyler Luatua

WDE: Andrew Trumbetti
DT: Jerry Tillery
WILL: Greer Martini
SS: Drue Tranquill
CB: Nick Watkins
CB: Devin Butler

When you factor in those 11 guys, all of whom got substantial experience or were key parts of sub packages in 2015, you end up with quite a few experienced players. When building team depth, I would argue that overall experience of a team is much more important than simply the number of starters you have returning. In today's game, "starter" is more of a technical nuance than an accurate fact. Many of the guys I listed in the 2nd category played starter type minutes and snaps in various games, even know they were technically listed as backups.

11 of 23 starters might not sound that great, but returning 22 of the roughly 35 guys that actually factored into the "2-deep" isn't bad at all.

Sorry IIO....appreciate the detailed write up....out of touch a bit....

While I do believe ND has excellent athletes ready to step in and each year under BK we seem to gain in overall recruiting, its just really tough to expect that schedule, with 13 starters out to go undefeated.

My only point is that a 10-2 season, with that schedule, 13 starters gone and I'd guess 1-3 more out by the first game would be an excellent season due to some of the losses. Can't wait to be proved wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT