ADVERTISEMENT

Save This Post: SI25 Predicts ND will Finish 11-1

Super Irish25

ND Fan
Aug 30, 2016
Please save this thread as Super Irish25 is predicting ND wins out and finishes the season 11-1. Mark my words, from this a great team will rise.

It's early and ratings are always speculative. Is tX a top team or is ND a poor team?

It Tenn top 10 or App st? Is Michigan top 10 or Hawaii 100+?

Gotta get past opening weekends and cup cakes that make teams look good.

ND will adjust and if the offense can put up 47 with 3 starters returning they could be great.

Maybe tranquill moves to OLB. Fast, aggressive and size. With James and Morgan you could do a 4-3. Sounds like we found out young backfield after Q3.

Get the Hayes brothers on the line going and let's see where we go.

It's early and ratings are always speculative. Is tX a top team or is ND a poor team?

It Tenn top 10 or App st? Is Michigan top 10 or Hawaii 100+?

Gotta get past opening weekends and cup cakes that make teams look good.

ND will adjust and if the offense can put up 47 with 3 starters returning they could be great.

Maybe tranquill moves to OLB. Fast, aggressive and size. With James and Morgan you could do a 4-3. Sounds like we found out young backfield after Q3.

Get the Hayes brothers on the line going and let's see where we go.

Reactions: Bodizephax
11 wins is a bit optimistic, IMO, considering our defense is terrible. I do think they 9 or 10 wins is possible.

Can not give up 50 points per game and expect to go 11-1.

Does BVG still have a job?

BVG is not without a direct report.
The others on the defensive staff should not get a free pass. The "lack of" was so apparently a 'group effort'.
No one on the ND staff should be feeling to pleased with their efforts Sun nite.

None of the coaches get a pass but let's all remember the reality of our youth, that it was 37 points and that 21 came against that youth in the form ad single plays deep.

Clean up that back half and 37 becomes 16 or 23.

Tx returned 15 starters, was at home and has lots of talent. Maybe not a top 10 but not Hawaii.

The coaching staff gets the blame, but one play and we put this in the win column.

Let's see when home and it's quiet on offense how our young receivers respond before we panic.

I agree . It is very possible . The key is how this team responds the next few weeks. Have to win 48-0 this week. Beat MSU solidly. Roll past Duke Cuse and NCstate . Be 5-1 vs an Undefeated stanford team ranked in the top 5 and beat them and they are back in the top 10. Now will the SOS be strong enough ? Who cares ...but 10-1 going to SC is not out of the question. 10-2 ? Nice Bowl . 11-1 New years 6 if not playoff. The only way they get to the playoff is by beating the crap out of teams. Is this team going to play angry? Are they tough enough ? Are they good enough? These questions will be answered one week at a time.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
I agree . It is very possible . The key is how this team responds the next few weeks. Have to win 48-0 this week. Beat MSU solidly. Roll past Duke Cuse and NCstate . Be 5-1 vs an Undefeated stanford team ranked in the top 5 and beat them and they are back in the top 10. Now will the SOS be strong enough ? Who cares ...but 10-1 going to SC is not out of the question. 10-2 ? Nice Bowl . 11-1 New years 6 if not playoff. The only way they get to the playoff is by beating the crap out of teams. Is this team going to play angry? Are they tough enough ? Are they good enough? These questions will be answered one week at a time.

Under Kelly, this rarely happens. Once in a while, yes. But normally he just tries to out score the opponent. A 59-56 win is fine by him, regardless of the opponent.

Reactions: end_23

I'm fairly confident that we are probably a 10-2 type club with the schedule. We still have 3 top 25 teams and 1 top 10 to go with some real youngsters here......Not that I would not love to see a 11-1....if ND wins out, they will be in. You can take that to the bank. A 1 loss ND, that loss away in double overtime as long as you have quality wins against those top 25 and make the spread against others and your in. I believe that OK lost to a 7-5 Tx team last year that ND drubbed.

Again, just don't see it for my beloved IRISH but would take it.....ND would take the PAC's place after beating USC and Stanford if they go 11-1. One B10, One SEC, One ACC, One Pac (ND champion)...if they go 11-1 which is a big if.....

Reactions: Bodizephax
None of the coaches get a pass but let's all remember the reality of our youth, that it was 37 points and that 21 came against that youth in the form ad single plays deep.

Clean up that back half and 37 becomes 16 or 23.

Tx returned 15 starters, was at home and has lots of talent. Maybe not a top 10 but not Hawaii.

The coaching staff gets the blame, but one play and we put this in the win column.

Let's see when home and it's quiet on offense how our young receivers respond before we panic.
Is it time to panic now?..............jimmer

Super Irish does this every year. If his predictions were true we would have the longest winning streak of any team, of any sport, of any level. But at least he's consistent, unlike our Irish.

Never panic. Let the season build a bit.....I certainly was clear that ND was not a playoff team this year no matter how much I want them to be. Too inexperienced and the schedule is front loaded which was the perfect storm.

I felt we would lose to texas due to all the factors (revenge, home, inexperience). I did not think we would lose to State but we had some breaks not go our way we needed (turn overs, penalties).

We have a nice run here with some very good/decent teams but will not match our athleticism so we should be able to overcome mistakes.

By the time we get to Stanford, we will know if 10-2 is possible...with Stanford, Miami and USC remaining that can match our talent levels but with more experience but 2 of the 3 are home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT